12/03/2014 08:01 AM
12/03/2014 08:01 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
A grand jury in New York has return... for the chokehold death of Eric Garner. Garner's crime? Selling untaxed cigarettes.

A Staten Island grand jury has voted not to bring criminal charges against the white New York City police officer at the center of the Eric Garner case, a person briefed on the matter said Wednesday.

The decision was reached on Wednesday after months of testimony including from the officer, Daniel Pantaleo, who used a chokehold to restrain Mr. Garner, an unarmed black man who died after a confrontation. It came less than two weeks after a grand jury in Ferguson, Mo., declined to bring charges against a white officer who fatally shot an unarmed black teenager, Michael Brown.

For days, the New York City Police Department has been readying for a new round of protests, which began in the city after the Ferguson decision and which were expected to continue and possibly grow if the grand jury declined to bring charges against the officer.

In Ferguson, protesters and police officers clashed in the streets almost immediately after Mr. Brown’s killing by Officer Darren Wilson in August; riots erupted on the night the grand jury’s decision was announced last month. By contrast, in late August, a demonstration on Staten Island over the death of Mr. Garner, 43, proceeded without confrontation or arrest.

The grand jury, impanelled by District Attorney Daniel M. Donovan Jr. in September, has weighed evidence – including a video recorded by bystanders of Mr. Garner’s violent arrest – and heard testimony from the officers involved....

An indictment was considered only against Officer Pantaleo, who testified last, on Nov. 21, his lawyer, Stuart London, said. The other officers received immunity...
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: No Indictment in Eric Garner Case #158119
12/03/2014 12:12 PM
12/03/2014 12:12 PM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
Officer Pantaleo Murdered Eric Garner and the only real question is if the officer's action was Murder or Manslaughter.

So how could that Grand Jury after viewing the Video fail to Indict him. Also there is the fact that Department Regulations forbid use of the Choke hold that the Officer used, and yet he was not indited.

If Blacks are going to Riot over the killing of a Black Person by a White Cop, this is the killing that they should Riot over, not the one in Missouri.

Eric Garner was only guilty of selling untaxed Cigarettes and arguing with the Police Officers. He did not deserve to be put into a choke hold and killed.

In this case I hope the Feds put that scum sucking officer on trail and he is convicted.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: No Indictment in Eric Garner Case #158120
12/03/2014 12:19 PM
12/03/2014 12:19 PM
east coast
B
bad company Offline
bad company  Offline
B
east coast
I have to agree. If the black community wants an honest case to protest then this is the one. unfortunately after Trayvon and Michale Brown I don't think many will pay attention. Remember what they say about crying wolf ?

Re: No Indictment in Eric Garner Case #158121
12/03/2014 01:01 PM
12/03/2014 01:01 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
The sad thing is that examples of police murder are all over the place, but they were largely ignored. Kelly Thomas in California, and James Boyd in Albuquerque, attracted a little local attention, but nothing like Mike Brown or Trayvon Martin. The Ferguson case looked alike another good example at first, but those troublesome facts got in the way.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: No Indictment in Eric Garner Case #158122
12/03/2014 02:25 PM
12/03/2014 02:25 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa

Re: No Indictment in Eric Garner Case #158123
12/03/2014 05:33 PM
12/03/2014 05:33 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
A car was set on fire outside Brooklyn\'s 77th Precinct. Some reports are saying it was a police car. It's unknown if it's related to the Eric Garner protests.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: No Indictment in Eric Garner Case #158124
12/04/2014 04:48 AM
12/04/2014 04:48 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Here are the last words of Eric Garner:

Every time you see me, you want to mess with me. I'm tired of it. It stops today. (...) I'm minding my business, officer, I'm minding my business. Please just lave me alone. Please. Please don't touch me. Do not touch me.

(Garbled.)

I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe.
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: No Indictment in Eric Garner Case #158125
12/04/2014 06:30 AM
12/04/2014 06:30 AM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
Thanksgiving with it's big parade is now over but there is still New Years Eve, and the celebration at Times Square.

If Demonstrators want to send a message about the murder of Eric Garner, New Years Eve at Times Square is where it should be, but it needs to be a Huge Demonstration that is large enough to completely overwhelm the Police who will be there.

The problem with demonstrations is the people who get hurt are the innocent Business Owners and other innocent people and not the guilty meaning the Police and Government officials.

Now if some Police were to be seriously injured or even killed in response to Police killing an innocent or relatively innocent person, like Eric Garner, then maybe Police would stop killing innocent people or at least decrease the numbers.

It would make me feel good if there is a huge demonstration in Times Square and some cops were seriously injured or worse.

And another thing about a Demonstration there on New Years Eve is there will be so many regular people from all over the Nation and Internationally at Times Square that the Police will not be able to use their firearms due to the risk of completely innocent tourists being killed. And cracking heads of Tourists with their Batons will also not go over very well.

The demonstration will most likely never happen with my hoped for results, but at least I can dream and hope.

Re: No Indictment in Eric Garner Case #158126
12/04/2014 06:36 AM
12/04/2014 06:36 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
I think the way the logic goes on this is that it is better to burn some nowhere town in jerk water Missouri than have any sort of international embarrassment in the de-facto world Capitol.

Given the way they treated Nancy G a few years ago, screw it, let them march to the police station and do some damage.

They killed that guy over petty taxes and tribute. Straight up sidewalk execution for defiance of what? A few bucks of cigarette tax while they lock people up for owning guns to protect themselves from robbers.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: No Indictment in Eric Garner Case #158127
12/04/2014 07:28 AM
12/04/2014 07:28 AM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
I hope really really hope that after we win the coming Civil War or Revolution that we do what needs to be done and we don't wimp out and we dish out some needed Justice and Retribution to these Badge Wearing Scum with Delusions of Godhood.

Also these scum do not deserve and should not receive the same rights to a jury trial that their victims had a right to but were denied to them by these murdering Cops.

They need to be put in front of a Militia Tribunal Composed of Militiamen who will be the sole determiners of the guilt or innocence of the Officer standing in front of them.

In the case of that Murdering Sniper who murdered Vicki Weaver, the only questions that needs to be answered is, Are the person who shot Vicki Weaver, Yes or Know and if yes then the sentence will be death and no pleading extenuating circumstances or I was only following orders, will be permitted and also no Defense Attorney will be needed.

And the same type of Justice is what that Cop who murdered Eric Garner needs to receive.

No mercy for any cop who Murders a Citizen.

And their execution needs to be slow and painful and also humiliating.

I think most of the members who have read most of my posts will know the method of execution I am thinking of without my having to mention it again.

I just hate Cops so much that I have a hard time thinking rationally how best to get payback on the Scum.

Re: No Indictment in Eric Garner Case #158128
12/05/2014 03:29 AM
12/05/2014 03:29 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
As high-visibility ptoyests are tying up traffic around NYC, attorney general nominee Loretta Lynch will be heading the federal civil rights inquiry on this case . I don't think this is going to hurt her chances of confirmation in the GOP Senate - Republicans say they are as outraged over this as everyone else - but we'll just have to see.

Onward and upward,
airforce

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.