03/31/2015 09:50 AM
03/31/2015 09:50 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Americans are increasingly getting fed up with those Border Patrol checkpoints. It's about time.

Some Americans are refusing to answer questions at Border Patrol checkpoints set up many miles away from U.S. borders, believing the questions posed by Border Patrol agents are unacceptable for law abiding citizens.

Many of these protestors are also using their dashboard cameras to record their encounters with agents, some of whom have resorted to breaking windows, dragging motorists from their vehicles and detaining them, according to The Houston Chronicle.

The newspaper reports “these travelers are among the latest to join what appears to be an informal alliance of people, possibly into the hundreds, recording their encounters at Border Patrol checkpoints,” and that “some of the travelers appear to be making a stand for what they say are their rights and contend that the government, which has long drawn support for doing whatever is needed to protect the nation's borders, is going too far.”

These checkpoints are not at international points of entry to the U.S. nor necessarily within close proximity to the U.S. border, but farther inland, within a 100-mile distance of U.S. borders and coasts. It has been estimated that between 34 and 170 such checkpoints exist inland from the U.S.-Mexico border.

Dash-cam footage showed agents smashing the car window of Navy veteran Thomas Sauer, 26, then forcibly yanking him from his car after he chose to “opt out” of discussing his citizenship. The agents read him his rights, including that he had the “right to remain silent,” which Sauer found ironic.

“I did it because I don't agree with the premise of questioning citizens without suspicion,” Sauer told the Chronicle. “Those type of interactions should be left at the border.”

Sauer spent several hours being detained by agents before being released. He was not charged with a crime but was fingerprinted. The incident apparently led to his being fired from his job, reported the Chronicle’s Dane Schiller.

The video footage of these incidents is typically posted online and gets millions of views.

Border Patrol’s parent agency, Customs and Border Protection (CBP), said in a prepared statement that “Border Patrol agents may lawfully question the (vehicle) occupants about their citizenship and place of birth, and may request documented proof of immigration status and how an individual status was obtained.” But it added that agents at these checkpoints don’t automatically have the authority to conduct searches of motorists or their vehicles.

“Often, local citizens are subjected to extended interrogation and detainment” ACLU attorney Mitra Ebadolahi told UT San Diego. “These are mini police-state zones.”
What's next? Internal passports, like the old USSR?

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Americans Are Fed Up With Checkpoints #158395
03/31/2015 10:48 AM
03/31/2015 10:48 AM
Omaha Nebraska
Huskerpatriot Offline
Huskerpatriot  Offline
Omaha Nebraska
Yup...

"Government at its best is a necessary evil, and at it�s worst, an intolerable one."
 Thomas Paine (from "Common Sense" 1776)
Re: Americans Are Fed Up With Checkpoints #158396
03/31/2015 11:16 AM
03/31/2015 11:16 AM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
What if after the driver told them he was a citizen they demanded papers and the driver gave them the finger and simply drove off like I would and if I had the car I hope to have I could easily out run them.

And what about Arizona and what if the driver was armed?

Another thing what if there were several drivers waiting in line and they witnessed an American being pulled out of his vehicle and they took physical action to stop the Border Patrol Gestapo and what if some or all of these Patriots were armed.

I am a direct descendant of William White who was one of the original Pilgrims and I would not be happy about being questioned on my Citizenship, by some stinking American Gestapo.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: Americans Are Fed Up With Checkpoints #158397
04/01/2015 06:08 AM
04/01/2015 06:08 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Here is Terry Bressi, talking about his 300+ interactions with Border Patrol checkpoints.

Everybody's favorite story is about the guy who drove through a checkpoint waving a Bible, offering to save the souls of the Border Patrol agents. Definitely an interesting tactic.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Americans Are Fed Up With Checkpoints #158398
04/01/2015 09:32 AM
04/01/2015 09:32 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
I highly recommend keeping your passport updated and getting the optional added "US Passport card" which works for travel between Canada and Mexico, but more importantly is a legal federal ID right here in the USA which does not give up your personal information the way a driver's license does.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: Americans Are Fed Up With Checkpoints #158399
04/02/2015 03:11 AM
04/02/2015 03:11 AM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
I am a direct descendant of William White who was one of the Pilgrims (Plymouth Rock and Thanksgiving) and his son Peregrine was actually BORN on the MAYFLOWER while it was anchored in Provincetown Harbor and many of my Ancestors fought in the 1st Revolution including I believe at the Battle of Concord and having to prove I am a American to those walking piles of PIG EXCREMENT is an insult to my Family and to every other REAL AMERICAN and something needs to be done about it.

In Arizona even having a loaded AR-15 in your vehicle on slung over your shoulder is legal.

So I believe what is needed is to do what our brother Patriots did in Washington State except instead of in front of a court house, have an armed convoy of Patriots go through their damn Check Points.

I wonder what they would do if a hundred or more Armed Patriots showed up and refused to comply and just drove threw while giving them the FINGER.

And what about a large group of Legally Armed 1% Bikers, telling the feds to shove it.

I believe there are Militias in Arizona so here is a chance to do something interesting.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: Americans Are Fed Up With Checkpoints #158400
04/02/2015 04:06 AM
04/02/2015 04:06 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content
ConSigCor  Online Content
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Vader, I understand exactly how you feel. Some of my family came here in 1623; settled in a little place later known as Salem. Their house still stands and is now a museum.

Many of my family took an active part in the Revolution.

Anytime 'those people' ask if I'm a us citizen, my reply is always the same two words.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Americans Are Fed Up With Checkpoints #158401
04/02/2015 02:24 PM
04/02/2015 02:24 PM
WI Northwoods
D
drjarhead Offline
drjarhead  Offline
D
WI Northwoods
What's the point of checkpoints?
I don't get it.

Maybe people should just start speaking Mexican and get the Red Carpet treatment.

The War for America
Fight Everywhere
III
Re: Americans Are Fed Up With Checkpoints #158402
04/03/2015 09:52 AM
04/03/2015 09:52 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Here it is, the fastest way to get through a Border Patrol checkpoint . This fellow was in and out in 32 seconds! And without showing his ID or answering any questions! Priceless!

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Americans Are Fed Up With Checkpoints #158403
04/04/2015 08:51 AM
04/04/2015 08:51 AM
West
Archangel1 Offline
Archangel1  Offline
West
I've been driving up and down between San Diego and LA for nearly forty years. Only one minor incident when I thought the guy said to go, then slammed the side of the car to get my attention.

I have seen a few cars pulled over, but also seen the facility closed.

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

I fear we live in evil times...

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.