And so it begins. #158938
12/08/2015 01:29 PM
12/08/2015 01:29 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
From Mike at Sipsey Street

And so it begins. Governor Cuomo feels froggy, SAFE Act enforcement thugs rounding up "assault weapons." Someone is going to get shot and the civil war will commence.

Two months ago, the State of New York began to enforce, in little baby steps, the SAFE Act.

Today, we have this announcement posted on AR15dotCoam:

"The New York State Police have launched an investigation into alleged SAFE Act violations and appear to have possession or copies of 4473s showing who purchased firearms. Consider speaking with a lawyer if contacted."

Just exactly where and how the NYSP got hold of 4473s is an interesting question. They either got them from ATF industry operations inspectors or directly from cooperating quisling gun sellers. In any case, it is obvious that the Supreme Court refusal to hear the Chicago case is viewed as a green light to tyrannical gun raids. Isn't this where His Majesty's General Gage started? And how did THAT turn out? We are about to find out if this generation of Americans possesses the same Three Percent that the Founding generation did.

Get ready folks. Make your final pre-war preparations with the slender hours you have left. A storm is coming, and it is about to break over all our heads.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: And so it begins. #158939
12/08/2015 02:05 PM
12/08/2015 02:05 PM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
Knowing who bought them is one thing, knowing who still has them is another thing.

What are the walking piles of pig excrement going to do just RAID everyone who bought one, without knowing if that person still has it?

Or are they going to send nasty letters asking if they still have them or go door to door and ask.

If a gun owner states he no longer has it then what?

Ask to search the house and if the person refuses without seeing a Search Warrant?

If I was the one whose door they came to I would have a lot of these now prohibited rifles going by the 4473s but I now have none.

I think the commie bastards are going to have a big problem in just figuring out how to start the confiscation.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: And so it begins. #158940
12/08/2015 05:06 PM
12/08/2015 05:06 PM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
California just did the nasty letter thing for close to 20 years and even then, the only door to door stuff was against those who had previously been legal and registered their guns, then became "prohibited persons" at some point later.

In the three to five years prior to going after the "prohibited persons", they did a rework of the law enforcement exemptions to the gun laws. In fact in 2004 and 2005 I was in California gun shops which had "all the cool stuff", but it was behind a roped off area for law enforcement only. The exemptions were broad enough that anyone with any sort of law enforcement status, or even former status could wheedle in under the exemptions.

Hate to sound like a hypocrite about it too, but even when I trained at a law enforcement academy there under contract with a State Department contractor, we had the exemption which made my previously registered AWs nothing special when I thought they were. What I saw though, were cops who were training at the same facility who had gone from out of state and had obvious postban ARs. When I asked about the legal status on that, I was given the "fuck you and you are rude for asking". Later in the training cycle, some Homeland Security guy from Oregon showed up, tried to be casual about asking the same questions, and they pointed at me, as if "we answered your buddy motherfucker and don't ask".

At about that stage, I was on a few shitlists, but not all of them, so it was me who ended up explaining "the score" to the guy who had scrounged up 10 shot mags to do his portion of the training cycle since he had traveled from out of state.

Old rules, only your duty weapon could be non compliant, and you had to have paperwork or something to prove that any particular firearm was your duty weapon. Have restricted mags for a non-duty weapon, then you are in trouble.

New rules, its like if you are cool with anything law enforcement, then it does not apply.

I bring this up, because that's apparently how things worked with the recent ISIS sympathizers. Private party sales of firearms has been illegal in California for over 20 years, long guns, hand guns, don't matter, and they don't even approve the sale of restricted assaultweapons on most probate situations. If someone dies, the family can strip the gun for parts or ship it out of state, but when the owner dies, that goes away from California or it is contraband.

I also don't get Dorner's guns either. When he was kicked out of LAPD, his exemptions were over, although I would guess that he was benefitting from a bit of "professional courtesy" since they knew he got kicked out of LAPD for illegitimate reasons, and if they pushed him it might be a whisleblower lawsuit (as it was, they got a whistleblower shooting spree which I am not entirely sympathetic or unsympathetic about since I had no dog in that fight).

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.