Should You Let Bygones Be Bygones? #159883
11/12/2016 04:37 PM
11/12/2016 04:37 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Should You Let Bygones Be Bygones?

Before you decide let me give you my perspective -- and decision.

There are plenty of people out of the 59 million or so who voted for Hillary that didn't understand a thing about what she really stood for, or her record. This is properly chargeable against them, as it is utterly necessary before exercising the franchise to perform some sort of diligence, but there is a large difference between negligence and intent.

But willful blindness or an intentional act is not negligence.

That is especially true when we're talking about corporate actors, who do much more than cast a ballot or cry on social media -- they put the weight of their firms behind their proclamations, whether through huge political donations, public speechifying using their corporations as a means of amplifying their speech or acts that privilege one choice in voting over another.

Those who are in the second category must not be forgiven; their acts were not only corrosive to our republic as intentional, leveraged acts they were far more damaging than even those who voted for Hillary for some puerile reason such as "because vagina" even while fully-aware that she broke felony laws on repeated occasions by intentionally mishandling classified information.

These corporate actors include Starbucks, Facebook, CNN and many others. Among media outlets, whether social media or mainstream, it's even worse than when a CEO comes out and proclaims support (as was the case for Starbucks); those organizations intentionally slanted their presentation of "news" and censored opinions they did not agree with. Some of them haven't even stopped after the election; CNN, for example, ran a story disparaging Melania Trump on Wednesday long after the election was over.

I'm not going to forgive any of them nor rescind my boycotts. When you announce such a thing and decide to do it you either mean it or you don't. The various mainstream press organs and CEOs do what they do in this regard because they're confident that even if you do stop shopping in their stores or you do stop patronizing their advertisers you will forgive them once the election is over and go back to whatever you used to do!

The only way we will ever get durable change in behavior is if we do not go back to our previous behavior. To do otherwise is simply to put a price on their "investment" in trying to slant an election -- that is, they simply look at the potential lost sales during the election process and weigh that against whatever sort of "special interest" access, bill, legislative agenda or other item(s) they believe they'll get when their chosen candidate wins.

To destroy that business model you have to make your decision durable so that each time they do something like this they***** off and permanently lose some percentage of their customer base. This makes such a strategy on their part always a loser because each time they accumulate more boycotting customers they permanently destroy their business opportunities and there is nothing they can do to get them back, irrespective of the outcome of the contest. Done more than a few times they have no customers, no matter which side of the argument they happen to be on!

So no, I won't rescind my decisions that arose during this election season with regard to boycotts and shunning and in my opinion neither should you.

"Holding a grudge", particularly when it comes to the corporate actors who inserted themselves into this campaign is the only legal way we can put a stop to that behavior.

Take that Zucker****er and Howard Schultz.

Now let me add to this, and yes, this is personal and I mean it.

If you are in a meltdown because Hillary lost then you're unfit to adult. You're unfit to hold a job. You're unfit to evaluate the cost of credit to buy a car -- or a house. You're unfit to choose what to eat, or to evaluate various options for treatment of a medical condition. You're unfit to carry on the daily requirements of living on your own, independently, making your own decisions and being responsible for them -- including voting.

You are in fact an emotional infant, no older than 2. You are throwing a crybully tantrum, exactly as a 2 year old does when their parent refuses to give them the second bite of chocolate they want. And if you are in fact older than 2 by more than a few years the responsibility for your frail emotional state is on you, not someone else. To the extent you stuck that tantrum out in public where others can see it they are perfectly within their rights to deduce that you're unemployable, you're emotionally unstable and thus you're unsafe to be around in any capacity.

It is perfectly fine to decide that if an election goes the "wrong" way you are going to alter how you live and decisions you make. I did that after Obama was proved to be a clown car brigade, and went even further after the 2012 elections. Had Hillary won there were even further steps that I was prepared to take in withdrawing from an economic and political system that had no congruence with what I believe in, and had done the preliminary planning to do so.

But you didn't see me crying, or whining, or having a full on psychotic break, unable to handle ordinary life and needing an "excuse" from an exam, from work or simply from functioning in an everyday manner.

Never mind Obama's "gracious" manner after he was elected. Remember that? I'll help you: "Elections have consequences and at the end of the day I won." That's a direct quote from Obama himself. Guess what? Those of us who opposed his agenda and didn't like the outcome didn't cry, we didn't whine and we certainly didn't riot. We could have, too -- we do own a lot of guns, you know, and we could have used them, but we didn't. We did the representative republic thing -- we accepted the outcome even though we disagreed with it -- and with what was shortly thereafter announced and followed. You, on the other hand, have done the exact opposite in the face of a man who was both gracious and pleasant to the woman he beat, and you didn't even wait for actual policy to be rolled out. Trump did not say "tough crap; I won, you lost" or anything similar. Yet you have taken to the streets, you have looted, burned and, in at least one known case, assaulted and battered people who you think voted for the other guy. Representative republic? Not so much, right? Just remember before you riot, loot and burn -- we still have our guns, we refine all your gasoline, we produce most of your electricity and we grow all your food too. How many deer can you shoot and eat in the inner city of Chicago? How much wheat can you grow to make bread? How many apple trees are there .vs. how many people? How well does your car run without gas and do your lights work without power? Better think long and hard about all this, because I assure you -- we'll be just fine if you turn your cities into cesspools and smoking craters yet should you try to come do the same thing out here where we have some respect for both the democratic process along with The Rule of Law you're going to get the hardest lessons there are and they will be delivered quickly in lawful self-defense.

Snowflake, meet flamethrower. He's called "the real world" and when, not if you melt -- tough crap.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Should You Let Bygones Be Bygones? #159884
11/14/2016 03:30 AM
11/14/2016 03:30 AM
Massachusetts
W
WMassMilitia Offline
WMassMilitia  Offline
W
Massachusetts
I am in agreement with you. I don't feel that just because "our guy" won we should forgive any past transgressions by FB, CNN, etc. They will not be altering their behavior any time soon and neither should we. They will be doing their best to destroy Trump and continue to push their social justice warrior agenda.

And I don't buy any of the demo-rats recent statements of "oh well he's our president now and I am going to do everything I can to work with him". Bullshit. They all be doing everything within their power behind the scenes to shut him down, including continuing to feed propaganda to the MSM and social media.

Captain
10th Reg. Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry
Re: Should You Let Bygones Be Bygones? #159885
11/14/2016 07:23 AM
11/14/2016 07:23 AM
behind enemy lines
N
noname762 Offline
noname762  Offline
N
behind enemy lines
Wow ConSigCor you really let those people HAVE IT BOTH BARRELS. and I agree with you on all fronts. I popped in here yesterday for the 1st time since I think April last.

I've had me some good times watching all of these yahoos pissing and moaning and hearing over and over **he's NOT my president.** I did the same thing using the same words in Obozo's first term. Did I riot? No, Did I pillage and loot? No. Did I take part in civil unrest? No. Did I have a total conniption fit? No. WHY? ((well kinda)) EZ I been used to getting the shaft for most of my 44yr I been voting.

I was still working when Obamanation got elected the 1st time. I still went to work and paid my bills on time. I still had my lil bits of fun here and there like buying new hankies at Pinkys in S-W. Most years I still took my camping vacations east of the mountains. My last vacay was in 2008. That was the year I fired myself. Last 2 yr I been officially retired. Signed up for SS the whole 9 yards. Man I thought I had it rough when I toiled for 22K a year. Sheesh I had it made and dint even realize it. Thank goodness for those dollar stores. I just had 2 ice cream sandwiches 4 bits worth. My freezer is so stuffed w/dollar store treats it'll take me a week just eating the contents down. Last night I did up a stir fry treat w/ingredients ALL from the DS. I still got lectricity and a roof over my head. I got hot water anytime I want a shower and I got right here on the www and shooting the ship on my hangouts. 80% of my entertainment at home is right off my pooter. I GOT HEAT as I sit here in my Carhartt warm hat wool winter sox long pants a flannel shirt and my VOTING DAY SHIRT on. Got it in 95-96. It's my UN shirt...**Peace Through Terror.** I am more REDNECK these days than I was in my M days. I'm just waiting for the balloon to go up.

Still a waitin'.

Yesterday I watched a couple minutes of some huge ass protest march of the SJW crowd marching down Wilshire Blvd in Californica. Man there must have been 10 THOUSAND morphrodites in that crowd. Some carrying signs and banners. Hearing what might have been HAY HAY HO HO Trump has got to Go!! Sitting here laughing with great glee as I watched the procession. I was feeling like a watch commander as I considered how to deploy my men. EZ I'd use ships. Yup Helo's dropping tear gas to disperse the crowd. Wishing I had something really nasty that would dye their clothing and stick to their clothing so that after 1 or 2 whifs they'd be puking chunks and totally on their knees slobbering like the mentally ill.

Until I noticed sumpin really quite significant. Unlike the BLM maggots I saw not a single vehicle flipped over with broken glass. I saw no buildings afire. I SAW NO PILLAGING . I SAW NO CARS ON FIRE. NO LOOTING. No randowm people targeted for beatdowns. I heard NO SHOTS FIRED.

Yeah IT WAS A PROTEST of significant size and numbers. But what they was doing is PROTECTED BY THE FIRST AMENDMENT.

Now we just got to teach these lil snowflakes how to GROW A PAIR and realize for once it AIN'T ALL ABOUT THEM and when they hear NO directed AT THEM THEY BEST PAY ATTENTION.

WOW today is shaping up to be a RED LETTER DAY. An old friend was just here with sum sad news. Her ex just died from complications from clogged arteries and a heart attack. He was 57. Wow I got 7yr on the guy. In the same visit she said sumpin else I told her flat out you SOUND LIKE A REDNECK and instead of getting bent out at me (which I totally expected) she wanted me to HIGH FIVE HER which I did and by golly by gum now I am up to 3 fellow Redneck pals when 2 days ago I thought I was down to one Redneck pal.

My grub is ready. Fan is up I got sum cold Shasta cola and am momentarily standing by dishing out a bowl of Stir fry. Shoot had I thought of it 10m ago I coulda had me sum GARLIC BREAD too. Next time.

ALL ABOARD HOP ON BOARD THE REDNECK TRAIN!!! OR STAY THE FLOCK OUTTA DA WAY SNOWFLAKES!!!!!!!!!!

Grass fed Beef..it's what's fer supper July 4th.
Re: Should You Let Bygones Be Bygones? #159886
11/14/2016 12:55 PM
11/14/2016 12:55 PM
behind enemy lines
N
noname762 Offline
noname762  Offline
N
behind enemy lines
I kinda went off topic.

It's been quite a few years since I gave up on the MSM. The small town newspaper here the owner and publisher thinks his shit don't stick but every time someone tried to get their foot in the door that might seem far right or just not a leftie organization he sent some reporters (SJW type maggots) out to cover the story... I once attended a talk put on by some Constitutional party folks around 20 years ago. Around 20 people showed up. Between the presentation and questions afterward it was both interesting and thought provoking. A reporter for the local rag I've already mentioned asked me several questions like my name. I said sumpin like Joe Sixpack. I had never been interviewed by a reporter before. Yeah I was naive. But that was the LAST TIME I WAS NAIVE. The bitch used my comments out of context and made me out to be some lunatic gun runner. The only words for a reporter I've ever had since were the ever popular FU. Or ESAD (eat shit and die)which I've always liked.CNN NBC CBS ABC and basically ALL cable networks are all owned by 2 or 3 global elite. Then there's Randolph William Hurst who owns just about every big daily in large cities across the lower 48. What is the SMALLEST NUMBER IN THE UNIVERSE?? Basically I don't buy what they're selling. Natural Born Liars one and all. Just cuz some fat cat has more $$ than God don't mean squat to me. I take my news from the Net from Patriot groups and various individuals I trust. A trusted friend told me the BBC can be trusted but the jury is still out on that. I'm just damn glad I am NOT a subject of the Queen. BREXIT did not come soon enuf to help the smart Brits and as long as Merkel is still breathing the Germans are screwed.

As far as the media here operating under the auspices of the FCC I'd like to see Trump get into their shit and knock some heads around. I'd like to see some PSAs promoting gun ownership and CC for everyone who is over 21 not a felon and sees the need for carrying for Armed Self Protection both in the big cities as well as everywhere else. Just cuz one lives in a small town or a rural area don't mean those areas don't have crime. We have plenty of crime in my AO. Most of it is propagated by the no habla crowd of which there are MANY as I live in a strong agricultural area.

I am wandering down Off Topic Trail agin. I have little enuf $$ to spend where I have to like bills grub gas and such as that. CNN will NEVER see one red cent of my cash. The local rag? Once in a blue moon a story above the fold catches my eye and I likely will give a dollar tho it really ain't worth 4 bits let alone a dollar. Every time they call me to try to con me into a subscription I give them BOTH BARRELS as to exactly what I think of their BS paper. And just in case so there's NO Miscommunication I'll use all of the vulgar language I have at my fingertips. And again no I have no qualms using colorful language that would make a church member turn beet red. They interrupted MY DAY not the other way around.

I get 3 TV channels running old timey RABBIT EARS. I get the H&I channel and a movie channel and a 2 bit channel out of of all places that bastion of Freedom and Gun Rights... that's right Cook County near I believe it's Lake Michigan. I remember ONE TIME the muckety mucks tried to impress us yokels with the fact the windy city was some high falutin town... he he he... Before I could email them my thoughts apparently some way quicker folks DID JUST THAT because there has NEVER BEEN anymore mentioned about Chicago. And I hope and trust the yokels used plenty of colorful language.

I don't hate too many companies. I do hate Crap Mart and have around 15 years mostly due to the way they treat their employees. I don't drink coffee so there's no need to boycott Starbucks. I do remember the hubbub with the OC crowd and Starbucks. I have OCed twice in 7 years.

I DO like to HATE ME SOME HAGGEN'S. It's a grocery store for YUPPIE SCUM. I've been to the one near me ONE TIME since they opened. I did not care for the uppity attitude of one of their young libTURD employees so again I gave her BOTH BARRELS and left showing them they are NUMBER 1 with sign language.

I dress a certain way. That means aside from new boxers which I can get at K-Mart most (80%)of my clothes come from a small family owned clothing store over in the nest town. Not Target not Sears NOT the GAP. I wear Romeos all the time. Spenders too. In the past I bought new spenders in saw shops. That was ALWAYS FUN for me. When I'm in the right area I love to buy grub at WINCO. Employee owned. Wonderful rotisserie chicken and slaw and prices a Quartermaster would LOVE!!! Love to stock up on my stir fry fixins there. Come Turkey Day I'll be sliding by there for 24R packs of TP for 5 bucks each. Since finding a Dollar Tree most of my grub comes from there now with Grocery Outlet picking up the slack. At GO and DT I buy brands I NEVER HEARD OF from Tennessee Texas and all over creation. I am almost a vegetarian but not by choice.

At 64 I am no longer the dumb ass I was when I was younger. I certainly am not the average dumb ass the younger crowd seems to be. No smart phone here no tablet no PS4 no Dish w/the sports package.

I am lucky where I live...any SJW fools locally take their act on the road. I stay away from the huge towns. I carry 24/7.

I am not forth coming to let bygones be bygones. Mess with me you SJW idiot first thing they'll find out is this senior citizen won't play fair or fight fair. Gun comes out. Diddy on outta here or be prepared to meet their maker.

Grass fed Beef..it's what's fer supper July 4th.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.