12/30/2017 11:30 AM
12/30/2017 11:30 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
How good is your ESP? (Mine apparently peaked in 2016.) What do you think will happen in the coming year?

Just to start things off, here are mine:

1. All charges Against Strat and Angela will finally be dropped.

2. What's left of ObamaCare will not be repealed, but Trump will sign an executive order allowing insurance companies to sell their plans across state lines.

3. Mueller will not find any evidence of Russian collusion, but he'll keep investigating anyway. It's a good paycheck, and he has nothing else to do. Besides,if he spends all that money and finds nothing, no law firm would hire him.

4. Republicans will keep the House despite losing a few seats. Democrats will win back the Senate, with a one vote majority.

5. Kim Jong Un will be deposed in military coup after thousands of soldiers defect to South Korea and several high-ranking military officers are executed.

6. In California, the $15 minimum wage causes hundreds of businesses to leave the state. Los Angeles will end the year on the verge of bankruptcy.

7. Somebody will win the Super Bowl, but no one will be watching.

8. No one will accuse airforce of sexual harassment. I have a boring life.

Those are mine, what's yours?

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Predictions for 2018 Open Thread #161081
12/30/2017 05:22 PM
12/30/2017 05:22 PM
Somewhere in these blue ridged...
The Answer Offline
The Answer  Offline
Somewhere in these blue ridged...
Originally posted by The Answer:
I'll take what you got (congrats future great grandpa!) and add that oil stays between 30 and 50 bucks a barrel while gas prices slightly rise and gold rises a hundred bucks or more a Troy ounce.
Gold was 1182, is 1305. (+123)
Oil has been between 45 and 60 bucks a barrel (off by about 10 bucks on the max, average was around 50).
Gas has risen in my area about 30 cents over a year ago.

Not bad. I'll be bolder this year.

This year I predict:

1. The Dow Jones Industrial ends more than 10% below Friday's close.

2. Gold rises at least another 100 bucks an ounce.

3. Iran and Saudi will increase hostilities but mostly fight remotely through proxies.

4. Republican primary challengers to Trump will start launching exploratory committees. At least three big name candidates, including one libertarian, will be seriously considering a primary run against Trump.

5. The Mueller investigation will not conclude. More Trump officials will be thrown under the bus, but Trump will not be charged (at least not yet).

6. The Federal Reserve will not increase the FRR more than 3 times. It is likelier that they will only increase 2 times. There will be talks about even lowering the FRR but the Fed will instead plateau them.

7. At least 1 Trillion Dollars will be repatriated to the United States because of the Tax Bill. Some hiring and wage increases will occur but most of the corporate money will be used to buyback stocks, pay out dividends to investors, and hold onto.

I guess we'll see.

Semper Vigilantes, Numquam Exspectantes

Always Watching, Never Waiting
Re: Predictions for 2018 Open Thread #161082
12/31/2017 04:54 AM
12/31/2017 04:54 AM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Here\'s a prediction from Stephen Carter at Bloomberg that I'm pretty sure was tongue in cheek, but still worth noting:

...At 2:14 a.m. on Aug. 4, having learned at a geometric rate, the internet of things (IoT, in the jargon) will become self-aware. In a panic, humans try to pull the plug. Skynet -- um, the IoT -- fights back, freezing smart wallets and tap-to-pay. All linked thermostats are shut off. All linked refrigerators stop running. All social media sites go offline. Smart cars and trucks block the expressways. Virtual assistants respond to every command with “Resistance is futile.” Email accounts and cellphones lock. Worst of all, videos cannot be streamed. Faced with a future of reading actual books and getting to know the neighbors, the human race swiftly surrenders....
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Predictions for 2018 Open Thread #161083
12/31/2017 05:19 AM
12/31/2017 05:19 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content
ConSigCor  Online Content
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Carter may be on to something.

I predict that...

The media and the politicians will continue to lie and deceive the ignorant public.

More politicians and media figureheads will be exposed as the perverts they are. But, it's ok when they do it.

The democrats will continue to be sore losers who blame Russia for everything.

The republicons will continue to talk and do nothing.

The rich will get richer while the average working man will continue to steadily loose ground.

Natural disasters will increase in frequency and intensity. And, the public will continue to fail to prepare and will expect the goobermit to ride to their rescue.

AWRM will continue to be here urging people to prepare for the inevitable collapse even if no one posts or comments.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Predictions for 2018 Open Thread #161084
01/01/2018 06:31 AM
01/01/2018 06:31 AM
Central Virginia; VIM
S
SBL Offline
SBL  Offline
S
Central Virginia; VIM
I predict that:

Trump will still not free the Hammonds or the Bundys.

The US economy will skyrocket, then stabilize.

Some businesses will come back to America, but not as many as originally predicted.If Russia-gate investigation comes to a halt, a few more will return.

Relations with the BRIC countries will get a bit chilly.

Recreational marijuana will be legalized in more states.

ISIS operatives who had fought in Syria and Iraq will set up cells here and in Europe, carrying out most attacks using converts and assimilated muslims.

American leftists will get impatient with the Russia-gate investigation and behave with reduced rationality and increased desperation.

On equipment: You get what you inspect, not what you expect.
On training: Our drills are bloodless battles so that our battles are bloody drills.
On tactics: Cheating just means you're serious about winning.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.