Print Thread
Separating Facts, Speculation and Conspiracy Theories about the #180063
08/15/2023 11:26 AM
08/15/2023 11:26 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content OP
ConSigCor  Online Content OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Both sides are guilty of spreading BS about these fires...From Climate Change on the Left to a form of Imminent Domain on the Right. There are, however, some lessons to learn and some interesting stories that seem to fit the narrative we have been talking about for a couple years.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Separating Facts, Speculation and Conspiracy Theories about the [Re: ConSigCor] #180070
08/16/2023 01:02 PM
08/16/2023 01:02 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Separating Facts, Speculation and Conspiracy Theories about the [Re: ConSigCor] #180074
08/17/2023 08:20 AM
08/17/2023 08:20 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Why Is There Such A Frenzy To Buy Up The Properties That Were Just Burned Down During The Fires In Hawaii?

by Michael Snyder via TheMostImportantNews.com,

Can you imagine calling up a family that has just seen their home burn to the ground and offering to buy their land for below market value? This is apparently happening in Hawaii right now on a massive scale. Grieving property owners are being bombarded with calls from very greedy people, and I think that says a lot about the current state of our society. We literally worship material possessions and financial gain, and the sheer greed that we are witnessing at this moment is absolutely staggering.

Lahaina was hit harder than anywhere else by the fires, and it turns out that property owners in the area have been getting pressured to sell for a long time.

So now that disaster has struck, those that wish to get their hands on these prime properties are in a feeding frenzy. One local resident made headlines all over the world after she posted a video about this…

Filming herself in the recent video, the Hawaii resident said: ‘I am so frustrated with investors and realtors calling the families who lost their home, offering to buy their land.

‘How dare you do that to our community right now. If you are a victim and they are calling you, please get their business name so we can put them on blast,’ she added.

She claims in the clip that she ‘personally’ knows ‘multiple families’ that were ‘offered money from investors and realtors’.

When 2020 began, the average home in Lahaina was worth about $600,000.

Today, the average home in Lahaina is worth about a million dollars.

Now there is a race to take advantage of those that have just had their homes burned down, and it has gotten so bad that even Hawaiian Governor Josh Green is speaking out against it…

Hawaiian officials are warning residents that unscrupulous investors are trying to take advantage of the fire disaster on Maui to take over properties.

Gov. Josh Green reported that residents are being approached about selling fire-damaged home or land sites by people posing as real estate agents.

He said those people may have “ill intent” and issued a warning to scammers.

“You would be pretty poorly informed if you try to steal land from our people and then build here,” Green said in a press release Monday.

A lot of people applauded Green for taking a stand like that.

But does he have another motive?

Green has been captured on video saying that he is “already thinking of ways for the state to acquire that land”…

The Hawaiian governor Josh Green revealed plans for the state to potentially purchase properties in the seaside town of Lahaina, which was devastated by the deadliest wildfire in modern U.S. history.

“I’m already thinking of ways for the state to acquire that land so that we can put it into workforce housing, to put it back into families, or make it open spaces in perpetuity as a memorial to the people who were lost,” Green commented amid the ruins.

Wow.

There it is.

Apparently Green has his own plans for these properties.

We will just have to wait and see what those plans are.

Meanwhile, it is being reported that the police chief on Maui just happens to be the exact same guy that was “the incident commander” during the horrific mass shooting in Las Vegas in 2017…

Maui Police Chief John Pelletier is no stranger to responding to mass tragedy. Nearly six years before disaster struck in the form of wildfires that ripped through parts of the island and killed at least 99 people, he was on the ground in the aftermath of the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

Pelletier was named chief of the the Maui Police Department in 2021 after more than two decades working in Las Vegas. On Oct. 1, 2017, Pelletier was the incident commander covering the Strip when a gunman unleashed a hail of bullets on a country music festival, killing 58 people and injuring hundreds more.

That is one heck of a coincidence.

And it is also being reported that Pelletier “earned a certificate in criminal justice from the FBI academy in 2019”.

So he has ties to the feds.

Just when you think that this story cannot possibly get any stranger, somehow it does.

After being greatly criticized for lounging on a beach while the tragedy in Hawaii was unfolding, we are being told that Joe Biden is now “considering” a trip to see the devastation.

Amid growing evidence of the devastation wildfires have wrought in Maui, the White House Tuesday gave the first public indication that President Biden will visit Hawaii.

White House Principal Deputy Press Secretary Olivia Dalton confirmed that officials were considering an in-person trip, after Biden took heat for his terse ‘no comment’ on Hawaii even while the scope of the tragedy was coming into view.

The president was staying at his Delaware beach house at the time.

Come on man.

I know that Biden doesn’t like to make trips like this, but this is what the American people expect.

It is part of the job.

The Biden administration also angered a lot of people when it was announced that households that have been affected by the fires would only be getting a one time emergency aid payment of $700…

President Joe Biden is facing renewed criticism for his response to the devastating wildfires on the Hawaiian island of Maui after offering victims $700 per household in emergency aid.

Political opponents and commentators described the sum as “insulting” and compared it with the more than $113 billion-worth of aid the U.S. has sent to Ukraine as it defends itself against an ongoing Russian invasion.

Seriously?

After all that we have done for Ukraine, that is the best that we can do for people that have lost everything?

Of course somehow there is always more than enough money for Ukraine. In fact, we are about to send them a gigantic military aid package for the 44th time since the war began…

For the 44th time, the ruling class of the United States has decided to continue to prolong the war and send military equipment to Ukraine. The Pentagon has announced a $200 million weapons package for Kiev.

This newest round of equipment will include artillery rounds, dozens of tactical vehicles, and mine-clearing gear.

We are at such a critical turning point, and we desperately need solid leadership in the White House.

But instead we have Joe Biden and his minions.

Biden is literally the worst president in the entire history of the United States, and that is saying a lot because we have had some real whoppers in modern times.

Now that there has been so much public pressure, I think that Biden will feel compelled to go visit Lahaina.

Unfortunately, Biden will need to make many more trips like this, because a lot more major disasters are on the way.

Re: Separating Facts, Speculation and Conspiracy Theories about the [Re: ConSigCor] #180075
08/17/2023 08:56 AM
08/17/2023 08:56 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

Re: Separating Facts, Speculation and Conspiracy Theories about the [Re: ConSigCor] #180084
08/18/2023 06:04 PM
08/18/2023 06:04 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Maui Emergency Management Administrator Resigns

OAN’s Roy Francis
9:41 AM – Friday, August 18, 2023

The administrator of Maui’s Emergency Management agency, who decided not to sound the emergency sirens, resigned on Thursday citing health reasons.

🚨 #BREAKING: Maui Emergency Management Agency director Herman Andaya, who made reportedly made the final decision AGAINST activating the emergency sirens in Lahaina, Maui, has RESIGNED.

The sirens were meant to alert residents of imminent tsunamis, wildfires, terrorist attacks,… pic.twitter.com/zqj56bB87V
— Nick Sortor (@nicksortor) August 18, 2023

The resignation of Herman Andaya, Maui’s Emergency Management Agency Administrator, came a day after he attempted to explain why the emergency siren system had not sounded during the deadliest wildfire the country has seen in over 100 years.

The explanation that Andaya gave for not sounding the emergency siren system was that those sirens were primarily used for tsunamis. He stated that if he had sounded them, he feared that people would rush towards the mountains and the blaze.

Residents of Maui were skeptical and outraged at the reasoning that Andaya gave. Many said that the sirens would have helped them prepare better.

“If I would have heard the siren that morning, I would have at least prepared, you know, packed something in my car, called my parents,” Alex Calma, a resident who lost his home to the fires, said.

Speaking with CNN on Thursday, state Senator Angus Mckelvey, the Democrat who represents the town of Lahaina which was devastated by the fires, and who also lost his home as well, said he was outraged by Andaya’s response and that it was “insulting.”

“I’ve heard the line that ‘people would have panicked and ran up to the mountains because it’s a tsunami siren.’ … It’s insulting to think that people would be that clueless, that they wouldn’t know that sirens blasting was because of the fire,” he told CNN, “These are not tsunami sirens. They’re disaster sirens.”

When asked during a press conferenced if he regretted his decision to not sound the sirens, Andaya said that he does not regret it.

Maui County Mayor, Richard Bissen, said that the resignation of Andaya is “effective immediately” and that they are working on filling his post “as quickly as possible.”

“Given the gravity of the crisis we are facing, my team and I will be placing someone in this key position as quickly as possible and I look forward to making that announcement soon,” the Mayor announced.

According to the U.S. Fire Administration, the Lahaina fire is the deadliest fire in the country in over 100 years.

On Wednesday, the death toll rose to 111 people, and around 2,200 structures were damaged by the fire, the majority of which were residential.

According to Maui County, the devastation caused by the fire will cost around $5.5 billion to fix, although the number is still on the rise as well.

The cause of the fire is still currently under investigation by local authorities. On Thursday, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) announced that the agency’s National Response Team will be traveling to the island to help with the investigation.

Re: Separating Facts, Speculation and Conspiracy Theories about the [Re: ConSigCor] #180111
08/24/2023 12:09 PM
08/24/2023 12:09 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Maui Wildfire Discussion Hawaii ARES Net 10 Aug 2023

From an emergency communications perspective, the following is very interesting. This is the Hawaii ARES net discussing wildfires, power outages, sirens which didn’t sound, communications outages, refugee status, and other observations from ham operators at the scene and across the state.

https://amrron.com/2023/08/10/speci...-discussion-hawaii-ares-net-10-aug-2023/

Romeo Sierra-43
August 11, 2023 at 6:02 am — Reply

Very interesting to listen through this. There are a few things of interest (time stamps available):
1. Many people on the net commented upon the general lack of preparedness, lack of local communication, and lack of infrastructure (for example, only 1 road in and out of town). Many of these have been concerns for decades.

2. The speed of the spread of the fire was also commented upon by many. I am a local firefighter and I can tell you — fire can move fast, which surprises many people.

3. However, what should not be surprising was the speed of the fire under the local conditions. Listen to the commentator at 34:20: he was above the fire and saw the start of the fire and its spread; the local fire department deployed and *thought* they had contained the fire. However, the winds were blowing at a steady 50-60mph, with gusts of 70-80mph. Obviously, under hurricane conditions, the fire will move — and move quickly. Why so few people acted in recognition of this is a key question.

4. The same commentator (above) also said that sirens DID sound. However, he also noted (35:32) that nobody could hear anything — “You couldn’t even hear a person standing next to you. Sirens would have been worthless.” Which seems rather obvious, considering the WX conditions.

5. The commentator at 40:00 (Glenn) touches upon this, and his advice is important to remember: situational awareness. Be aware of what is around you. His comment was that not enough people were taking the weather into consideration, but were instead inside and “hunkered down” in front of the TV or computer. His key observation, though, was that evacuation orders need to be made early.

6. Regarding evacuation orders, many commentators noticed that *none were given*. This is curious, especially given the WX conditions. As was noted at 42:36, what will happen in the event of a tsunami? Indeed. In the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami, fires broke out during and immediately after the earthquake. Even though tsunami sirens started sounding within minutes, less than 10% of people along the coasts started to move inland to safety — with catastrophic results. Of course, in the case of Lahaina, with only 1 road into and out of the town, and with that road blocked by the fast-moving fire, the only direction that offered safety was onto the beach and into the ocean.

7. As many commentators suggested, the lack of local authority might have been part of the problem. Evacuation orders are issued by state government headquarters, which is located on a different island (the Big Island), with different local WX conditions. Also curious, according to commentators, the emergency repeater located on Mauna Kea (on the Big Island) can only be activated by the Governor — and was still down the day after the fire.

8. An interesting note was the possible role of stored propane tanks in the town of Lahaina. According to one local commentator (32:15), it seemed that explosions that spread the fire faster might have been caused by the mass collection of these tanks at local businesses in the town.

9. Also interesting was the rejection of a local ham link by the Red Cross (36:54) “because they had cellphone and sat phones distributed…”

10. Finally — and absolutely most worryingly — was the comment at 11:35 by K6PI that, according to the ARES net, there was at least “1 fire deliberately set by a guy in a green SUV.” Was this a random act by “an arsonist in the community” or something worse?

Obviously, more news will shake out over time. It is still unclear as to how exactly the main fire started; but what is clear is that the mass deaths in Lahaina town itself could have been avoided if proper care had been taken.

What we can all learn is that we are not prepared enough for what may come, no matter how well prepared we think we are. Learn from this horrible example. Recheck your gear, provisions, and comms. Redouble efforts at starting or strengthening local networks. Create, and continuously test, multiple routes of evacuation. Do not rely on someone else to take care of you — they probably won’t.

73 VC RS-43

Re: Separating Facts, Speculation and Conspiracy Theories about the [Re: ConSigCor] #180112
08/25/2023 09:28 AM
08/25/2023 09:28 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
‘We’re All Trapped Here…They’re Blocking Off All Exits’: Driver Furious as Police Vehicle Speeds Past Him to ‘Trap’ Residents Fleeing Lahaina Wildfires
Video shows police vehicle speed past Lahaina motorists as they tried to escape deadly wildfires.

By Adan Salazar | INFOWARS.COM Thursday, August 24, 2023

Shocking footage out of Maui shows a police vehicle presumably on its way to block residents of Lahaina, Hawaii, from escaping as deadly wildfires raged.

The video appears to have been shot by a resident stuck in a line of cars on a highway as high winds impacted the region shortly before fires tore through and destroyed the town.

“Good luck,” the driver of a car stuck in a line of vehicles said as he filmed a police squad car passing him.

“Look at this. Holy shit. This is a nightmare,” the man noted, going on to add, “I don’t know where he’s going. Probably to block our street.”

“They’re going to fucking barbecue all these people down in Lahaina,” the man ominously predicted.

“We’re all trapped down in here,” he continued. “They’re blocking off all exits and everyone is just stuck going in a circle in a fire pit.”

The video corroborates claims last week from a Maui native known as “Fish” who said he personally witnessed police on the island preventing people from evacuating.

“So I went around back to Front Street and all the cars were lined up but none of them were moving,” Fish described in an interview. “And I walked all the way from Safeway to the Chart House – not one car has moved, and I was wondering what was stopping the traffic. Well, it was a policeman. And I got to the end and I looked up north. There were no obstructions. There was no reason to keep those cars there.”

“Are you serious?” asked a man conducting the interview.

“I’m serious as a heart attack,” Fish confirmed. “And I said, ‘What are you doing?’ he goes, ‘Well, I’m under orders to keep them here.’ And I said, ‘The fire is right around Safeway. It’s gonna hit Front Street. You know? These people gotta get outta here!’ And he’s like, ‘I’m following orders.’”

Another witness also recounted how he defied roadblocks and escaped to safety after being directed by police from a major highway onto Front Street, only to find the road was already blocked off by law enforcement.

The startling video comes as the Associated Press reported Wednesday that numerous Lahaina residents burned to death inside their vehicles due to barriers erected to prevent their escape, while those who disobeyed police roadblocks survived the blaze.

“The report contains shocking details revealing that people were turned back by a crew as they attempted to flee, with several being burned alive in their cars or in the middle of the street as a result,” reports Summit News’ Steve Watson.

The reports confirming police were blocking people from trying to leave follow news FEMA and top Maui emergency response officials were holding a disaster preparedness meeting in Oahu, Hawaii, at the same time the blazes broke out.

Re: Separating Facts, Speculation and Conspiracy Theories about the [Re: ConSigCor] #180113
08/25/2023 09:33 AM
08/25/2023 09:33 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Maui Fire: FEMA Demanded Responders Stop Posting Images And Videos
Narrative control

By Steve Watson | INFOWARS.COM Friday, August 25, 2023

FEMA sent out letters to first responders and relief workers in Maui demanding that they stop posting images and videos of the charred disaster area on social media citing “cultural sensitivity.”

“They are asking for a full stop in disaster imagery going forward,” the letter from Justin Angel Knighten of FEMA notes, referring to local officials.

“At this time, we have not been asked to take any photos or videos down. Our team on the ground is coordinating with the County for further guidance to ensure we remain fully aligned. Cultural sensitivity is of the utmost importance in all our response and recovery activities to this disaster,” the letter further states.

The revelation has raised yet more questions over both the local and federal government’s responses.

Sirens were not sounded and water to fight fires was not dispatched upon request:

Top emergency officials in charge of the wildfire response were not even on the island as the fires blazed and were not informed for five hours because they were attending a FEMA disaster preparedness meeting on the neighbouring island of Oahu.

As we noted yesterday, the Associated Press reported Wednesday that residents of Lahaina were prevented from escaping the horrific wildfire by barricades that were put up after electric poles were downed and crews attempted to repair them.

It is suspected that the lines themselves could have even caused the fire, with some video showing the poles being blown over and causing sparks to ignite:

Multiple lawsuits have already been filed against Hawaiian Electric, including the County suing the company for not cutting current to the electrical cables.

AP reports:

The lawsuit said the utility had a duty “to properly maintain and repair the electric transmission lines, and other equipment including utility poles associated with their transmission of electricity, and to keep vegetation properly trimmed and maintained so as to prevent contact with overhead power lines and other electric equipment.”

The utility knew that high winds “would topple power poles, knock down power lines, and ignite vegetation,” the lawsuit said. “Defendants also knew that if their overhead electrical equipment ignited a fire, it would spread at a critically rapid rate.”

Further reports suggest that Hawaiian Electric may have removed evidence from the scene.

Records obtained by the Washington Post show that the utility company hauled away fallen poles, power lines, transformers, conductors and other equipment from the area surrounding the Lahaina substation starting on Aug. 12 — days before Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents arrived on sight.

In doing so, the power company may have violated national guidelines on how utilities should handle and preserve evidence after a wildfire and compromised the probe into the cause of the inferno that killed at least 115 people.

“If a lot of equipment is already moved or gone by the time the investigators show up, that’s problematic because you want to observe where the equipment was relative to the ignition site,” Michael Wara, who directs the Climate and Energy Policy program at Stanford University, told the Post.

Meanwhile, FEMA agents are shacking up in 5-star luxury beachfront resorts in Maui amid the agency’s botched handling of the deadly wildfire disaster.

Re: Separating Facts, Speculation and Conspiracy Theories about the [Re: ConSigCor] #180115
08/25/2023 02:11 PM
08/25/2023 02:11 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
A lot of government officials should be going to prison for the Maui fires.

Onward and upward,
airforce

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.