03/12/2024 03:06 PM
03/12/2024 03:06 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
I don't know anyone who thinks this is a good idea. I'm old enough to remember, quite clearly, what happened when Reagan sent troops to Lebanon in 1984. I hope we're not going to see a repeat, but frankly I fear the worst.

The administration says we'll have no "boots on the ground." They apparently forgot just what JLOTS is:

[Linked Image]

Read the whole thing at the link.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Yes, We're Building a Pier for Hamas [Re: airforce] #180703
03/14/2024 11:21 AM
03/14/2024 11:21 AM
Slipping the surly bonds of ea...
F
Flight-ER-Doc Offline
Flight-ER-Doc  Offline
F
Slipping the surly bonds of ea...
Hopefully Israel will have HAMAS done and dusted before that ship clears Gibraltar.

Emergency Medicine - saving the world from themselves, one at a time.

"Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander."

I make the ADL soil themselves. And that makes me very happy smile
Re: Yes, We're Building a Pier for Hamas [Re: airforce] #180704
03/14/2024 12:52 PM
03/14/2024 12:52 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
I'm not terribly optimistic.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Yes, We're Building a Pier for Hamas [Re: airforce] #180706
03/15/2024 01:39 PM
03/15/2024 01:39 PM
Omaha Nebraska
Huskerpatriot Offline
Huskerpatriot  Offline
Omaha Nebraska
The intervention in Somalia in the early 90s to facilitate the distribution of humanitarian aid also didn’t go the best.

This in my humble opinion is purely political. The corrupt child sniffing dementia rattled commander in thief is loosing critical Arab/muslim/hamas support in several critical swing states (like Michigan) that he needs to shore up to win the election. He is putting our servicemen and women in harms way for personal political gain.

"Government at its best is a necessary evil, and at it�s worst, an intolerable one."
 Thomas Paine (from "Common Sense" 1776)
Re: Yes, We're Building a Pier for Hamas [Re: airforce] #180855
04/30/2024 02:47 PM
04/30/2024 02:47 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
If you're wondering how much that pier will cost, well, now we know. it costs $320 million. And they'll still hate us anyway.

The U.S. military’s initial cost of the temporary floating pier off Gaza’s coast is about $320 million, a Pentagon official said Monday.

“We’ve been very clear this is a temporary solution to help get humanitarian aid into Gaza. This is just one other way of getting aid in,” Pentagon spokeswoman Sabrina Singh told reporters.

The figure, first reported by Reuters, has not previously been disclosed about the operation that includes about 1,000 American troops.

The pier, known as Joint Logistics Over-the-Shore, or JLOTS, is meant to provide a new way to deliver badly needed aid into Gaza. The World Health Organization has warned some 2.3 million Gaza inhabitants face extreme hunger that could become a full-blown famine by next month as Israel continues its war against Hamas militants, who launched a surprise assault in October from the enclave.

President Joe Biden first announced the JLOTS operation on March 7 during his State of the Union speech. One day later, Air Force Maj. Gen. Pat Ryder said the temporary pier would be operational within about 60 days.

Ryder, the Pentagon’s top spokesman, said Thursday U.S. ships have begun construction on the pier.

The Army last month sent four ships from the 7th Transportation Brigade at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va., toward the Mediterranean to spearhead the operation. The Navy, in addition to the Benavidez, deployed two more ships to help in the construction of the pier. One of those ships, the USNS 2nd Lt. John P. Bobo was forced to return to the United States last week after suffering an engine room fire.

Ryder also confirmed there was a mortar attack in Gaza in the area where the pier will connect with the shore. But the strike, which happened Wednesday, caused “minimal damage.” U.S. forces were not impacted.

Sen. Roger Wicker of Mississippi, the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, in a statement Thursday referred to the mortar attack as “unfortunate but predictable.”

“This has been an ill-conceived mission from the start. President Biden should never have put our men and women in this position, and he should abandon this project immediately before any U.S. troops are injured,” Wicker said.

A senior military official, who spoke Thursday to reporters on the condition of anonymity, said the U.S. has “full confidence” in the plan developed with the Israelis in the last month.

Onward and upward,
airforce

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.