01/04/2015 09:56 AM
01/04/2015 09:56 AM
Tulsa
airforce Offline OP
Administrator
airforce  Offline OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Well, here\'s one reason. By now you've heard the tragic story of that seven year old girl who who walked away - bloodied, and with broken bones - from the airplane crash that killed her parents, her sister, and her cousin. She hiked a mile, in cold and darkness, to find rescue.

Well, it turns out that was no fluke. Her parents had taught her the survival skills she needed to reach help.

he 7-year-old girl who walked away from a small plane crash in western Kentucky that killed four members of her family used survival skills passed down by her father to find her way to safety, relatives told NBC News.

Sailor Gutzler was the sole survivor after her family's Piper twin-engine aircraft landed upside down in a wooded area in Lyon County on Friday, leaving her parents, sister and cousin dead. The plucky girl emerged from the plane, lit a stick from the burning wing and then — bloodied and with broken bones — walked through the cold darkness, her family said Saturday.

The strong-willed second-grader trekked three-quarters of a mile through the woods and a creek before she knocked on a homeowner's door for help....
Would your children know what to do in an emergency, when you're not around?

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Why Should You Teach Your Children Survival Skills? #101686
01/04/2015 12:47 PM
01/04/2015 12:47 PM
Omaha Nebraska
Huskerpatriot Offline
Huskerpatriot  Offline
Omaha Nebraska
My 11 year old "eats this knowledge up"... My 8 year old gets freaked out by any talk about bugging out, survival or preparedness. My little guy, he's my gardener, I'm trying to us THIS love to teach him wilderness foraging skills to get him hooked, then move up as he gets more comfortable and older.

"Government at its best is a necessary evil, and at it�s worst, an intolerable one."
 Thomas Paine (from "Common Sense" 1776)

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.