South Carolina to bring back real money #150558
02/11/2010 04:11 AM
02/11/2010 04:11 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content OP
ConSigCor  Online Content OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Bill 4501: Silver and gold coins - South Carolina Legislature Online

South Carolina intends to follow the dictates of the U.S. Constitution, Article I, Section 10, Cl.1: "No state shall....make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts;..."

Perhaps Illinois, which is No. 4 in line for Bankruptcy after California, New York & Florida, might begin to catch on before it is too late.

Illinois had a law on the books from 1872 to 1985 that required the use of "real 'constitutional' money," and actually used a metal backed currency until 1965. During that entire 113 year period, Illinois remained solvent. See below and open the link...

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess118_2009-2010/bills/4501.htm

Section 1-1-1110. The South Carolina General Assembly finds and declares that the State is experiencing an economic crisis of severe magnitude caused in large part by the unconstitutional substitution of Federal Reserve Notes for silver and gold coin as legal tender in this State. The General Assembly also finds and declares that immediate exercise of the power of the State of South Carolina reserved under Article I, Section 10, Paragraph 1 of the United States Constitution and by the Tenth Amendment, is necessary to protect the safety, health and welfare of the people of this State, by guaranteeing to them a constitutional and economically sound monetary system.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: South Carolina to bring back real money #150559
02/11/2010 06:31 AM
02/11/2010 06:31 AM
A Co 119th Bat 46th FF
O
okietwister Offline
okietwister  Offline
O
A Co 119th Bat 46th FF
If they get this passed it will surely peeev off the Fed. I hope they can get this accomplished and other States follow suit. If so, we might be able to abolish the Fed.

Go get 'em

I WILL DEFEND MY FREEDOMS & LIBERTIES AGAINST ANY THREAT BOTH FOREIGN & DOMESTIC, AT ANY COST, SO HELP ME GOD!!!
Re: South Carolina to bring back real money #150560
02/11/2010 08:32 AM
02/11/2010 08:32 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline
J. Croft  Offline
J
somewhere-where am I?
Yeah, whoever votes for this better watch their six for the duration...

BUT, sound money backed by a state asserting the original interpretation of the 1787 Constitution will go a very long way toward a Free economy.

It would be advantageous to amend the definition to include other hard assets-like seed, wheat, etc. and to count labor in so as to offer a monetary base that expands with the usage by the population-but no more so as to wall off inflation.

I predict the South Carolina Dollar might be a popular form of money.

Be your own leader

freedomguide.blogspot.com
freedomguide.wordpress.com
youtube.com/user/freedomguide
Re: South Carolina to bring back real money #150561
02/11/2010 12:14 PM
02/11/2010 12:14 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Here is another angle. Now that club fed has come down on the Liberty dollar, others are implementing real currency...one neighborhood at a time.

People should wake up and realize that they are still in charge. Let the fed collapse the econmy and print more worthless toilet paper. They can't force you to accept or use it; especially if you have an alternative in place.

THINK...barter, trade, produce, silver and gold.

LIBERTY DOLLAR NEWS:
January 2010 Vol. 12 No. 01

Debut of Cabool's Community Dollar
Local merchants reject the house of cards built on the US dollar

Deep in the Missouri Ozarks, a new community currency has appeared to meet the needs of the people. Joshua Deatherage, a local contractor who wears a half-dozen hats to feed his family of four children in Cabool, Missouri, is responsible for creating the new silver based Community Dollar. And it's neither a Jed and Boys nor a Liberty Dollar venture.

As Deatherage explains, "I started thinking about a local silver currency the day after the Liberty Dollar was raided by the FBI." He was concerned that the first value based currency might not survive so his new Community Dollar is only intended to circulate in central Missouri.

After three-and-a-half years, the young monetary entrepreneur who wanted to encourage local trade and commerce in his community, reports that over 60 merchants around Cabool and Mountain Grove are now using his Silver Community Dollar.

Recently, when Deatherage stopped by the local tire shop for repairs, the owner told him that he had received $100 in Community Dollars towards a set of tires from the local bar owner. That man told him he usually went out of town to Wal-Mart, but decided to spend his local currency closer to home. The tire shop owner then used the $100 at a Cabool clothing store that he sheepishly confessed he had never visited before. This is how a local community currency grows in small town America - one transaction at a time.

So who uses the $80,000 in Community Dollars that now circulate around the central Ozark area? "Just regular folks." Deatherage says, "People use the money for a wide variety of goods and services. Around here, you can get clothing and food. And the bar and restaurants accept it, too. You can get almost anything you want or need with the silver Community Dollars."

Deatherage's new Community Dollar is available in four convenient denominations in pure .999 fine silver and a $2 copper denomination. The silver issue consists of a $50 piece that weights one Troy ounce, the $20 weighs two-fifths of an ounce, the $10 weighs one-fifth of an ounce and the $5 weighs one-tenth of an ounce. They all feature an oak tree with "Faith - Family - Freedom" on the obverse.

So who's making all the money - on the new money? It's not Deatherage, who is still scrambling with all his businesses, still gets up at 4 AM every morning and often works well into the night as an on-call plumber.

Deatherage explains that he is dedicated to the currency because it's good for the community. And like the local bank, he too wants to make some money. But it hasn't happened yet. In the beginning, he had to cover all the startup costs for the artwork, dies and, of course, the silver to get the venture off the ground. And now, the merchants make most of the money, since they get the Community Dollars at a discount off the face value and profit when they use it. Like a watchful father, Deatherage is still happy to see his currency grow, as it meets an expanding need - while the US dollar constantly loses its purchasing power.

So in addition to the government's questionable raid on the Liberty Dollar spurring interest, the depreciating US dollar is driving more people to seek protection with a value based monetary system that's in their own self-interest. Deatherage scratches his head as he wonders how the country's monetary structure could be so screwed up.

With silver on the rise - and a flyer called the "Community Dollar Newspaper" that features articles, a free listing of all the merchants who use the local currency, plus advertising - driving more merchants to Deatherage, he doesn't have much time to wonder. He's beset with more requests for more silver money. Even Quire's, an old fashioned, fifth generation general store over 70 miles from Cabool, is one of Deatherage's most devoted merchants. Many people drive 50 miles just to shop there and take home some community currency that they use in their own communities.

Deatherage always emphasizes the advantages of a local value based currency. But folks have a wide variety of reasons for using his new silver currency, beyond the facts that it's attractive and the silver retains its purchasing power. But it's the merchants that drive the local use of the currency as they get it at a discount and encourage other local businesses to protect their customer base. All this activity draws more customers, as their business becomes better known in the community. For Deatherage the benefits are simple, "The more people that use the local community currency - the better off the local economy is." And adds, "The better the money, the better off the community will be."

As Deatherage explains, "With only 20 or 30 merchants in a community, the merchants are the economy. Especially since most businesses are family owned and operated. So when a merchant goes out of business, the community declines. People then have to work and spend their money outside the community. This problem is often compounded by a loss of taxes and funding from state and federal programs for the once thriving community.

Still, the people in the Ozarks have their own down-home reasons for using the silver community currency. They are not concerned about the bailouts or the national debt. Their problems are much more personal as they strive to maintain in a down economy. They simply see the intrinsic value of silver as an appreciating currency. They cling to it as long as possible, until they have to spend it.

There is no doubt that everybody is concerned about the economy and especially the folks in and around Cabool. Even the police seem to understand the problems in the local economy and have not voiced any concerns about the merchants who have banded together and use their own silver money - that circulates outside the bank that is all but closed.

Deatherage is quick to acknowledge that there is no quick fix and that the Community Dollar is not a quick fix for the local community. But he says, "The Community Dollar is helping everybody in the community even if they don't use the new money. Whatever helps the merchants, helps the community, as most businesses are family enterprises."

Quick fix or not, Joshua Deatherage and his Community Dollar exemplify the can-do American spirit at work in the central Missouri Ozarks. Certainly, gold and silver based currencies have a long history of providing a safe harbor in times of trouble. And with silver up nearly 50% in the last year, it seems that Deatherage is not the only one who is aware of the rewards for venturing beyond the house of cards built on the US dollar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Cabool Community Dollar is not intended to be used as United States currency and any representation as such is strictly prohibited by law.

For additional information on the Cabool Community Dollar please contact Joshua Deatherage: 417.948.1222 or joshuadeatherage@yahoo.com

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: South Carolina to bring back real money #150562
02/11/2010 09:01 PM
02/11/2010 09:01 PM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
Originally posted by J. Croft:

It would be advantageous to amend the definition to include other hard assets-like seed, wheat, etc. and to count labor in so as to offer a monetary base that expands with the usage by the population-but no more so as to wall off inflation.

You hit this one out of the park my friend!

First of all, there is not enough silver to run a state the size of SC, without hyper-inflating the price of metal in FRNs.

Secondly, silver and gold are simply portable bartering commodities, while food and water are critical, and only human productivity will bring a seed to harvest.

If this latest REAL MONEY movement gains much more traction, it will expose the faith-based FRN fraud.

Divers weights an abomination unto the Lord; and a false balance not good. Proverbs 20:23

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!
Re: South Carolina to bring back real money #150563
02/18/2010 02:49 AM
02/18/2010 02:49 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Bill would ban federal currency in SC
By Adam Fogle | February 17th, 2010

PITTS INTRODUCES LEGISLATION TO REPLACE PAPER MONEY WITH GOLD, SILVER COINS

South Carolina will no longer recognize U.S. currency as legal tender, if State Rep. Mike Pitts has his way.

Pitts, a fourth-term Republican from Laurens, introduced legislation earlier this month that would ban what he calls “the unconstitutional substitution of Federal Reserve Notes for silver and gold coin” in South Carolina.

If the bill were to become law, South Carolina would no longer accept or use anything other than silver and gold coins as a form of payment for any debt, meaning paper money would be out in the Palmetto State.

Pitts said the intent of the bill is to give South Carolina the ability to “function through gold and silver coinage” and give the state a “base of currency” in the event of a complete implosion of the U.S. economic system.

“I’m not one to cry ‘chicken little,’ but if our federal government keeps spending at the rate we’re spending I don’t see any other outcome than the collapse of the economic system,” Pitts said.

But one legal expert told The Palmetto Scoop that, even if it were passed, Pitts’ bill would quickly be ruled unconstitutional.

“It violates a perfectly legal and Constitutional federal law, enacted pursuant to the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution, that federal reserve notes are legal tender for all debts public and private,” the expert said. “We settled this debate in the early 1800s. I appreciate the political sentiment but the law is blatantly unconstitutional.”

Pitts, however, dismissed that claim, saying that “adherence to the Constitution is a two-edged sword. The federal government has consistently violated the Constitution, especially the 10th Amendment and Commerce Clause.”

Constitutional issues aside, Pitts’ bill faces another hurdle. Critics point out that silver and gold coins can’t actually serve as a form of currency.

“You can’t put a set value on a pure silver or gold coin because it’s actual value fluctuates,” one expert said. “You can say a gold coin is worth $50 but it would actually be worth whatever the market says it’s worth, based on supply and demand. In reality, what you have is a bartering good, not a form of currency.”

Still, Pitts said, a system based around bartering is better than a currency-based economy.

“To me, something I can hold tangible in my hand I can put more value in, especially under the current rate of inflation,” Pitts said. “In the case of total economic collapse, a barter tool is going to be worth a whole lot more value than paper with ink on it.”

But Pitts admits it is unlikely the bill will be passed.

“I’ve been trying to push bills forward that would crack down on intrusions on state’s rights for eight years,” said Pitts. “I don’t see the intestinal fortitude of this legislative body to test the federal government on Constitutional issues. One that has this much teeth in it I don’t think has the ability to pass.”

Re: South Carolina to bring back real money #150564
02/18/2010 04:11 AM
02/18/2010 04:11 AM
Slipping the surly bonds of ea...
F
Flight-ER-Doc Offline
Flight-ER-Doc  Offline
F
Slipping the surly bonds of ea...
Article I, Section 8, of the Constitution of the United States:

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;...

To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;...

And To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof...

Tenth Article of Amendment of the Constitution of the United States:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Emergency Medicine - saving the world from themselves, one at a time.

"Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander."

I make the ADL soil themselves. And that makes me very happy smile

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.