05/29/2010 09:23 AM
05/29/2010 09:23 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline OP
J. Croft  Offline OP
J
somewhere-where am I?
http://freedomguide.wordpress.com/2010/05/29/the-gulf-oil-volcano-worsens-its-going-global/

THE GULF OIL VOLCANO WORSENS-IT’S GOING GLOBAL

J. Croft
http://freedomguide.wordpress.com

http://freedomguide.blogspot.com

I’m telling you, this oil slick is going to be the cause of a great many woes…

THIRD GIANT OIL PLUME DISCOVERED

The New York Times reported on May 15th:

Scientists are finding enormous oil plumes in the deep waters of the Gulf of Mexico, including one as large as 10 miles long, 3 miles wide and 300 feet thick in spots. The discovery is fresh evidence that the leak from the broken undersea well could be substantially worse than estimates that the government and BP have given.

“There’s a shocking amount of oil in the deep water, relative to what you see in the surface water,” said Samantha Joye, a researcher at the University of Georgia who is involved in one of the first scientific missions to gather details about what is happening in the gulf. “There’s a tremendous amount of oil in multiple layers, three or four or five layers deep in the water column.”

The plumes are depleting the oxygen dissolved in the gulf, worrying scientists, who fear that the oxygen level could eventually fall so low as to kill off much of the sea life near the plumes.

AP reported on May 27th that scientists had found a second giant plume deep under the water. The plume is 22 miles long and 6 miles wide. reporting that a third giant underwater plume has been discovered:

Today, the Washington Post is

A Louisiana scientist said his crew had located another vast plume of oily globs, miles in the opposite direction. James H. Cowan Jr., a professor at Louisiana State University, said his crew on Wednesday found a plume of oil in a section of the gulf 75 miles west of the source of the leak.

Cowan said that his crew sent a remotely controlled submarine into the water, and found it full of oily globules, from the size of a thumbnail to the size of a golf ball…. Cowan said the oil at this site was so thick that it covered the lights on the submarine.

“It almost looks like big wet snowflakes, but they’re brown and black and oily,” Cowan said. The submarine returned to the surface entirely black, he said.

Cowan said that the submarine traveled about 400 feet down, close to the sea floor, and found oil all the way down. Trying to find the edges of the plume, he said the submarine traveled miles from side to side.

“We really never found either end of it,” he said.

http://www.georgewashington2.blogspot.com/2010/05/third-giant-underwater-oil-plume.html

Those BP bastards have already made the catastrophe a global problem-they add toxic chemicals that make the situation worse… aside from toxicity this shit they spray somehow makes the oil go underwater, defeating any means of containing it.

“The plume or the cloud of dissolved hydrocarbons in the water was discovered northeast of the wellhead, about 35 kilometers (22 miles) to the northeast,” he said.

It was the second major deepwater plume discovered since the April 20 blowout at BP Plc’s Macondo well. Hollander said it was believed to stretch all the way from the wellhead to the site where it was first detected on Tuesday, in an area off the continental shelf south of Mobile, Alabama.

Mr Hollander said scientists had yet to determine whether the dissolved hydrocarbons, found in oxygen-depleted waters, were the result of chemical dispersants used deep below the Gulf surface to break down oil from the leaking well.

But he said the contaminants – which could eventually be pushed onto the continental shelf before shifting slowly down toward the Florida Keys and possibly out to the open Atlantic Ocean – raised troubling questions about whether they would “cascade up the food web.”

The threat is that they will poison plankton and fish larvae before making their way into animals higher up the food chain, he said.

The underwater contaminants are particularly “insidious” because they are invisible, Mr Hollander said, adding that they were suspended in what looked like normal seawater.

“It may be due to the application of the dispersants that a portion of the petroleum has extracted itself away from the crude and is now incorporated into the waters with solvents and detergents,” he added.

“We think there could be both short-term and long-term implications … There’s a lot of unchartered territory that we’re moving into with this oil spill,” said Hollander.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...sh-questions-raised-about-chemicals.html

That shit gets in the air… the Gulf’s one of the warmest bodies of water on Earth…

It Is Raining Oil In Florida
From Eve
5-28-10

Making this quick, don’t feel well. About 4:15pm or so eastern, coming back from Tampa, Florida north on Veteran’s Expressway…about 7 miles perhaps from SR 54…it sprinkled some gray watery and solid black oil on my car. Thought it was bugs, but so fast did not make sense and windshield wipers just smeared it. Got out of car at store and looked on the paint and solid black dots on my car…I touch? huh? it’s wet? it’s OIL!!!!!

I had several folks verify it before I sprayed it off and it came off easier than the few love bugs. Two hours later still wet like OIL! nope, not water, smell it, OIL!!!

Anyone on Gulf try not to smear touch it as it is harder to wash off if it happens to you. Bands of storm clouds coming this way from Gulf of Mexico…has not actually rained at least where I have been, just ran through the sprinkle. I smell it now I am inside the house…it’s just hard for me to believe also. One can think of a other things…oh maybe it was a vehicle in front of you…there was no vehicles near me at the time. So coincidence oil spill in the gulf and it rains oil on my car? okay believe what you will…but I know my gut and what happened to me, what I saw, others witnessed, I took pics of (sorry don’t know how to post them, and it photos could be debatable anyway, take my word or not whichever…but we are in deep hocky doo folks.

I was noticing that big black blotch closer to west coast FL on some images that someone posted yesterday on Disasters board…wondering. Well, maybe wrong board but felt more may see it here and ones that live here. Be careful, if it gets on your clothes, pets, hair, eyes, skin…it won’t be so easy to wash off as a well waxed car is.

Not checking this for now, gotta wash out my ears, eyes, nose and lay down…change clothes as I smell it now inside the house on my clothes. I did not smell it while out though and my nose is now desensitizing, but I feel nauseated. I am really sensitive though, some may not be so much or get the heavy warnings I do.

Thanks for letting me post this bopp, if you want to move it, okay with me I understand…maybe nobody pay attention anyway and I am not super pops here as it is.

~Eve

http://rense.com/general91/rse.htm

Wait until we get a hurricane; how much real estate do you think is going to become uninhabitable? Say goodbye to Dixie:

The British Petroleum oil spill is threatening the entire eastern half of the North American continent with “total destruction,” reports say.

An ominous report by Russia’s Ministry of Natural Resources warned of the impending disaster resulting from the British Petroleum (BP) oil and gas leak in the Gulf of Mexico, calling it the worst environmental catastrophe in all of human history, the European Union Times reported.

Russian scientists believe BP is pumping millions of gallons of Corexit 9500, a chemical dispersal agent, under the Gulf of Mexico waters to hide the full extent of the leak, now estimated to be over 2.9 million gallons a day.

Experts say Corexit 9500 is a solvent four times more toxic than oil.

The agent, scientists believe, has a 2.61ppm toxicity level, and when mixed with the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico, its molecules will be able to “phase transition.”

This transition involves the change of the liquid into a gaseous state, which can be absorbed by clouds. The gas will then be released as “toxic rain” leading to “unimaginable environmental catastrophe” destroying all life forms from the “bottom of the evolutionary chart to the top,” the report said.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=128113§ionid=3510203

Gulf oil spill is public health risk, environmental scientists warn
• Pollution could do lasting damage to locals’ health
• BP’s ‘top kill’ attempt to stop flow enters third day

Prolonged exposure to crude oil and chemical dispersants is a public health danger, environmental scientists warned yesterday as BP spent a third day trying to initiate a “top kill” operation to cap the ruptured well on the sea bed.

The oil firm moved to a second stage of the procedure by injecting material such as golf balls, shredded tyres and rope into the well. But John Pack, a spokesman for BP, said it would not be clear until tomorrow if it would work. “We have never said there is a deadline or a schedule,” he said. “We need to take this pretty slowly, but everything is going according to plan.”

BP’s beleaguered chief executive, Tony Hayward, yesterday drastically scaled upwards his assessment of the spill in the Gulf of Mexico. “This is clearly an environmental catastrophe. There is no two ways about it,” he told CNN. “It’s clear that we are dealing with a very significant environmental crisis and catastrophe.” In an interview with the Guardian two weeks ago, he had described the oil spill as “tiny” relative to the size of the gulf.

“The amount of volume of oil and dispersant we are putting into it is tiny in relation to the total water volume,” he said then.

However he was optimistic that the “top kill” stood a good chance of success, which he put at 60-70%. “We have wrestled it to the ground, but we haven’t put a bullet in its head yet,” Hayward said.

With no immediate end in sight, there were growing concerns over the effects on public health of a prolonged exposure to the oil as well as to the more than 3,640,000 litres (800,000 gallons) of chemical dispersants sprayed on the slick.

Environmentalists and fishing groups in Louisiana say prolonged exposure to the oil, in the form of tiny airborne particles as well as dispersants, could be wreaking devastating damage on public health.

They also accuse BP of threatening to sack workers who try to turn up for clean-up duty wearing protective respirators, and the Obama administration of refusing to release results of air and water quality tests that would show the impact of crude oil and dispersants on the environment.

Wilma Subra, a chemist who has served as a consultant to the Environmental Protection Agency, said there was growing anecdotal evidence that locals were falling ill after exposure to tiny airborne particles of crude. Air quality data released earlier by the EPA suggested the presence of chemicals that – while still within legal limits – could be dangerous. But Subra complained that the EPA was not releasing all data it had gathered from BP.

“Every time the wind blows from the south-east to the shore, people are being made sick,” she said. “It causes severe headaches, nausea, respiratory problems, burning eyes and sore throats.” Long-term health effects include neurological disorders and cancer.

Subra said there was even greater concern for those recruited to lay booms and skim crude off the water, since they were in closer proximity to the oil and the chemical dispersants.

Clint Guidry, of the Louisiana Shrimp Association, has accused BP of threatening to sack workers who turn up wearing respirators. The oil firm said it was not aware of any workers being turned away, but noted that it was the responsibility of the Obama administration to decide whether such protective gear was warranted.

Hugh Kaufman, chief investigator for the EPA’s ombudsman, said he encountered similar worker safety policies after 9/11. “If people are wearing respirators, it scares people because they realise how toxic it is,” he said “The administration is down-playing the problem because it saves them money down the line. It was the same at Ground Zero.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/may/28/bp-gulf-oil-spill-pollution

The Gulf of Mexico, the Southeast, the Carribean-gone. Wait until the oil breaks out into the Atlantic… look at the maps:

REST AT THE LINK:
http://freedomguide.wordpress.com/2010/05/29/the-gulf-oil-volcano-worsens-its-going-global/

Be your own leader

freedomguide.blogspot.com
freedomguide.wordpress.com
youtube.com/user/freedomguide
Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151620
05/30/2010 09:39 AM
05/30/2010 09:39 AM
43/18
McMedic Offline
McMedic  Offline
43/18
10And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

11And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter. (Rev. 8:10-11)

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151621
05/30/2010 12:07 PM
05/30/2010 12:07 PM
Central Virginia; VIM
S
SBL Offline
SBL  Offline
S
Central Virginia; VIM
How long before the UN gets involved in this?

On another note, I find it interesting, yet not surprising that the federal government is blocking Bobby Jindal from implementing the state's plan to prevent shoreline damage. This is for purely political reasons. If Jindal does this without Obama's help and it works, he'll be a national hero. Which means that he'll be a prime presidential candidate in 2012. He's already popular in the GOP, so far the media can't dig up any dirt on him (although they're trying their hardest), and he's a minority, which means the liberal extremists can't pull the race card again.

If Jindal kicks off his plan (with or without Obama's permission), and the state needs more manpower, it may be a mission for the Louisiana Militia. Just a thought.

On equipment: You get what you inspect, not what you expect.
On training: Our drills are bloodless battles so that our battles are bloody drills.
On tactics: Cheating just means you're serious about winning.
Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151622
05/30/2010 06:01 PM
05/30/2010 06:01 PM
Windsor,Mo
D
danfromwindsor Offline
danfromwindsor  Offline
D
Windsor,Mo
I wondered how this would be when the hurricane season hit. This "oil" rain seems to be a bad omen of what could happen with a hurricane.

on beautiful Truman Lake
Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151623
05/30/2010 09:43 PM
05/30/2010 09:43 PM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
Originally posted by danfromwindsor:
I wondered how this would be when the hurricane season hit. This "oil" rain seems to be a bad omen of what could happen with a hurricane.
It may be very very bad.

I have read conflicting opinions on this some say it will lesson the problem and others say it will make things a whole lot worse.

My personal opinion is, a Hurricane will cause a major mess and may even cause a major health problem.

Worst case, a Hurricane may cause a large part of the Eastern United States to become uninhabitable.

We are now living in Very Interesting Times.

And wasn't that a Chinese Curse.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151624
05/31/2010 07:20 AM
05/31/2010 07:20 AM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
let's take it one more step.
The danger from the Oil is just a starter. They are still adding a chemical that has or makes benzine. When the contaminated oil reaches the marshes along the coast from Brownsville Texas to Tampa bay Florida and the heat of summer begins to evaporate it into the seed clouds the danger begins in earnest. Here is NC they are forecasting this years Hurricane season to be busy (12-14 Storms to hit the Atlantic Coast. When the Gulf winds carrying this Benzine begins raining on the Orange crops, and vegetable crops of Florida, Georgia, and The Carolinas we will have cases of Benzine poisoning from Breathing and consumption. worse yet if this gas kills off the Bees, Birds, and food herds it gets really scary.
Then if we get those Gulf hurricanes that come in around Louisiana and cross the Southeastern states with all of the Oil and benzine we get really bad news.

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151625
05/31/2010 01:55 PM
05/31/2010 01:55 PM
A 105-11FF Somewhere in the C...
C
coydog Offline
coydog  Offline
C
Originally posted by SBL:
How long before the UN gets involved in this?

On another note, I find it interesting, yet not surprising that the federal government is blocking Bobby Jindal from implementing the state's plan to prevent shoreline damage. This is for purely political reasons. If Jindal does this without Obama's help and it works, he'll be a national hero. Which means that he'll be a prime presidential candidate in 2012. He's already popular in the GOP, so far the media can't dig up any dirt on him (although they're trying their hardest), and he's a minority, which means the liberal extremists can't pull the race card again.

If Jindal kicks off his plan (with or without Obama's permission), and the state needs more manpower, it may be a mission for the Louisiana Militia. Just a thought.
If Jindal had a spine he would have said f u to the feds and done it already.

But lets look at who is really to blame for this?

WHY the hell are we drilling for oil 5000 feet below the ocean? The army of leftist greenies their lawyers, judges and the spineless politicians backed by a lazy populace who wont let us drill in areas a bit more reasonable.

If this happened in shallower water it would already be old news. Dry land even better. An accident 5000 feet deep is bound to be a major cluster f**k no matter how advanced we think we are.

So at the end of the day the anti domestic oil/NG crowed is to blame for this scenario. Same story with Cali wild fires and so on and so on...

"State a moral case to a ploughman & a professor. The former will decide it as well, & often better than the latter,
because he has not been led astray by artificial rules."
Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151626
06/01/2010 08:34 AM
06/01/2010 08:34 AM
hippy infested colorado
S
shooter19802003 Offline
shooter19802003  Offline
S
hippy infested colorado
I think jindal should tell the feds to pound sand and do what he has to inorder to save his state. Wtf is the worst that can happen if he tries it?

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151627
06/01/2010 11:32 AM
06/01/2010 11:32 AM
Western States
Breacher Offline
Breacher  Offline
Western States
We had black oily crap in the rain in Florida back in the late 1980s. It was basically a wet sooty material that had drifted over from Mexico and was dumping in the rain in Florida. The stuff would form under just the right (some would say wrong) conditions in the atmosphere and bind with other substances although it was more like ash than oil when it hit.

Extreme weather out in the gulf can cause evaporation so hard and so fast, and waterspouts so strong that it is not entirely unheard of for small fish to come plopping down with the rain in some areas.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.
Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151628
06/01/2010 01:47 PM
06/01/2010 01:47 PM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline OP
J. Croft  Offline OP
J
somewhere-where am I?
Some new YouTube video makes a convincing argument that this really is some kind of volcano those BP fuckers unplugged. Yes, a lot of crude oil is being unleashed on the oceans but what's coming out of the pipes is sulfer, iron. Oil spills can normally be collected-the use of Corexit(?)the most toxic oil disperent coupled with the incredible amounts of sulfer is going to cause panic on a scale I cannot mentally calculate.

We're going to go hungry. A lot of us are going to starve to death. When the oil/sulfer/corexit soaked toxic rains fall in the South millions will be driven north and west. Imagine having to find housing. Imagine all the FEMA camps being filled by displaced Southrons. Millions of acerage will be ruined, the water tables poisoned.

This will put strains on the rest of the nation's farmland-that's not factoring in the recent spate of disasters coupled with the impending shutdown of New Orleans as a port, and it's a vital port, due to the oil volcano which will cause further havoc.

If you are in the South, basically from Texas on to the Eastern Seaboard and south of the Ohio River, make plans NOW to permanently resettle someplace north and/or west. If a hurricane goes through contaminated water en route to your place-I'm sorry but one way or another you've likely lost your home from:

*Toxic contamination of the land and water, airborne toxins.
*Federal evacuation responses including use of military forces.
*Roving salvage gangs looking for items to trade or sell.

Get as much knowledge about agriculture and greenhouse farming as possible. Buy heirloom seed it's value will exceed silver and gold and be equal to ammunition with what's coming.

Those out of the range of the oil hurricanes would be well advised to help their brothers in the South out-scout out foreclosed or rental properties they can anonymously move into. Those with families will have to find a home but there's plenty of empty homes in the Midwest.

Either move when the oil hurricanes prove to be a total catastrophe or have several side routes mapped out. Think of Shenadoah's Day the Dollar Died blog series.

Be your own leader

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151629
06/01/2010 03:13 PM
06/01/2010 03:13 PM
Philistine Occupied CA
I
Imagrunt Offline
Imagrunt  Offline

I
Philistine Occupied CA
Does anyone else see the significance in the fact that BP stands for British Petroleum?

The brits never left our continent. They destroyed our monetary system, and now they are responsible for epic destruction the likes of which neither the red coats nor the brit-financed "grand" army of northern aggression could have ever mustered.

It doesn't matter whether this oil spill was intentional. At this point it is moot.

The fact remains:

The Brits have once again royally f*cked America.

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!
Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151630
06/01/2010 03:15 PM
06/01/2010 03:15 PM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
What I am thinking on this issue is that it may cause a Civil War.

Tens of millions losing their homes not due to their own actions or to Nature but due to what BP did, will I believe, cause many many people to demand a New Home and Property and for their lives they were living and their income to be restored, and for BP and the Queen and the Obama Administration to Pay for it.

I have a feeling that unlike during the depression and the Dust Bowl People will not just Meekly leave their homes and be willing to live in squalled refugee camps but will demand satisfaction and will actually fight for what they believe are their Rights.

And using the Military to force evacuation will not be very nice and a lot of Soldiers and Marines will be killed by the People and some of the the People who will be forced out will also get killed.

And then there is the Mid Term Election. Will there be an Election if this all comes to pass? I feel the Election will be canceled, so there goes one of the best chanced to restore our Republic. And the General Election may also be canceled.

If this worse case actually happens there is only one word I can think of that fits what will happen to all of us and that word begins with a F and ends with a K.

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151631
06/09/2010 11:34 AM
06/09/2010 11:34 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Events are in motion for the Gulf of Mexico to be poisoned and this poison is going to arrive onshore and affect the food supply.

The Gulf of Mexico will no longer be able to provide seafood for America. America obtains approximately 40 to 50% of its seafood from the Gulf.

This poison is also going to make it to shore and contaminate the freshwater supplies of people along the Gulf. This will happen through a combination of arriving oil and the fumes from the oil's VOC’s (volatile organic compounds); i.e.- benzene, methylene chloride, sulfates and other solvents found in the fumes.

The poison will also be from the mix of the dispersants that BP is using to break up the oil. BP’s dispersant of choice at the moment is called CoreExit. This dispersant is very volatile to marine life and to humans. Oil is toxic in water at 11ppm ( parts per million). CoreExit is toxic at 2.4 ppm (parts per million). This means that CoreExit is approximately 4-5 times more toxic than the oil itself.

Amazingly, the US government is still allowing BP to spread this poison dispersant into the Gulf. At the time of this writing, their use of CoreExit is approaching 1,000,000 gallons!

The poison will also arrive onshore when the hurricane season begins. Future hurricanes may very well send this poison water onto shore through; storm surge, flooding, high winds, tornadoes, and chemical rain!

See detailed information here: http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/20...rexit-sprayed-bp-tops-1-million-gallons/

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151632
06/09/2010 12:24 PM
06/09/2010 12:24 PM
FEMA Region V
S
Straycat Offline
Straycat  Offline
S
FEMA Region V
Originally posted by ConSigCor:
Events are in motion for the Gulf of Mexico to be poisoned and this poison is going to arrive onshore and affect the food supply.

The Gulf of Mexico will no longer be able to provide seafood for America. America obtains approximately 40 to 50% of its seafood from the Gulf.

This poison is also going to make it to shore and contaminate the freshwater supplies of people along the Gulf. This will happen through a combination of arriving oil and the fumes from the oil's VOC’s (volatile organic compounds); i.e.- benzene, methylene chloride, sulfates and other solvents found in the fumes.

The poison will also be from the mix of the dispersants that BP is using to break up the oil. BP’s dispersant of choice at the moment is called CoreExit. This dispersant is very volatile to marine life and to humans. Oil is toxic in water at 11ppm ( parts per million). CoreExit is toxic at 2.4 ppm (parts per million). This means that CoreExit is approximately 4-5 times more toxic than the oil itself.

Amazingly, the US government is still allowing BP to spread this poison dispersant into the Gulf. At the time of this writing, their use of CoreExit is approaching 1,000,000 gallons!

The poison will also arrive onshore when the hurricane season begins. Future hurricanes may very well send this poison water onto shore through; storm surge, flooding, high winds, tornadoes, and chemical rain!

See detailed information here: http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/20...rexit-sprayed-bp-tops-1-million-gallons/
Exactly. Which, in my opinion, relates to your thread about NORTHCOM and all the deployments to the gulf.
This whole thing smells like a rat, and my gut tells me that this might be the match that lights the fuse.
I hope I'm right. I'm getting tired of all the .gov bullshit.
And yes, the .gov has an evil hand in this. I have no proof, just a big knot in my stomach that tells me they do.

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151633
06/10/2010 06:57 AM
06/10/2010 06:57 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline OP
J. Croft  Offline OP
J
somewhere-where am I?
http://freedomguide.blogspot.com/2010/06/chairman-of-goldman-sachs-was-until.html

CHAIRMAN OF GOLDMAN SACHS WAS UNTIL LAST YEAR CHAIRMAN OF BRITISH PETROLEUM
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/ch...national-was-until-last-year-chairman-bp

Chairman of Goldman Sachs International Was - Until Last Year - Also Chairman of BP

Janine Wedel has written extensively on how the "shadow elite" ( http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ow+elite%22&aq=f&aqi= &aql=&oq=&gs_rfai= ) rule the world and about the "flexians" ( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/the-first-huffpost-book-c_b_412999.html )- the movers and shakers of the shadow elite who glide across borders, and structure overlapping (and not fully revealed) roles in government, business, media, and think tanks to serve their own agendas.

Wedel says that flexians wear many hats both within and outside of government, and use their networks of contacts to influence policy - are warping our democracy and the rule of law.

Peter Sutherland is the quintessential flexian.
rest at link:

Be your own leader

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151634
06/10/2010 07:47 AM
06/10/2010 07:47 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline OP
J. Croft  Offline OP
J
somewhere-where am I?
OIL VOLCANO PRESSURE TOO STRONG FOR CONTAINMENT-WORLD'S OCEANS CONTAMINATED IN 18 MONTHS
http://rense.com/general91/oilor.htm

Oil Volcano Pressure Too

Strong For Containment

Dr. James P. Wickstrom

6-9-10

It has been estimated by experts that the pressure which blows the oil into the Gulf waters is estimated to be between 20,000 and 70,000 PSI (pounds per square inch). Impossible to control.

What US Scientists Are Forbidden To Tell The Public About The Gulf

What you are about to read, is what the scientists in the United States are not allowed to tell you in great fear of the Obama administration.

They are under the threat of severe repercussions to the max.. Scientists confirming these findings cannot be named due to the above, but what they believe, they want to be known by all.

Take a U. S. map, lay it flat and measure inland just the minimum 50 miles of total destruction all around the Gulf of Mexico as to what you will read below.

The carnage to the United States is so staggering, it will take your breathe away.

Should what the scientists who are trying to warn everyone about be even close to being true... all of Florida will be completely destroyed as will everyone and everything on it.

You decide!! Everyone has the right to read what I have just written in this article, as well as to what is written below by the scientists who the Obama administration and BP are trying to shut up.

Please share with as many as you can.

--Dr. James P. Wickstrom

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/05/05/learning/oilslickLN/oilslickLN-blogSpan.jpg

SUMMARY OF WHAT IS HAPPENING

The estimated super high pressure release of oil from under the earth's crust is between 80,000 to 100,000 barrels per day.

The flow of oil and toxic gases is bringing up with it... rocks and sand which causes the flow to create a sandblasting effect on the remaining well head device currently somewhat restricting the flow, as well as the drilled hole itself.

As the well head becomes worn it enlarges the passageway allowing an ever-increasing flow. Even if some device could be placed onto the existing wellhead, it would not be able to shut off the flow, because what remains of the existing wellhead would not be able to contain the pressure.

The well head piping is originally about 2 inches thick. It is now likely to be less than 1 inch thick, and thinning by each passing moment. The oil has now reached the Gulf Stream and is entering the Oceanic current which is at least four times stronger than the current in the Gulf, which will carry it throughout the world within 18 months.

The oil along with the gasses, including benzene and many other toxins, is deleting the oxygen in the water. This is killing all life in the ocean. Along with the oil along the shores, there will be many dead fish, etc. that will have to be gathered and disposed of.

SUMMARY OF EXPECTATIONS

At some point the drilled hole in the earth will enlarge itself beneath the wellhead to weaken the area the wellhead rests upon. The intense pressure will then push the wellhead off the hole allowing a direct unrestricted flow of oil, etc.

The hole will continue to increase in size allowing more and more oil to rise into the Gulf. After several billion barrels of oil have been released, the pressure within the massive cavity five miles beneath the ocean floor will begin to normalize.

This will allow the water, under the intense pressure at 1 mile deep, to be forced into the hole and the cavity where the oil was. The temperature at that depth is near 400 degrees, possibly more.

The water will be vaporized and turned into steam, creating an enormous amount of force, lifting the Gulf floor. It is difficult to know how much water will go down to the core and therefore, its not possible to fully calculate the rise of the floor.

The tsunami wave this will create will be anywhere from 20 to 80 feet high, possibly more. Then the floor will fall into the now vacant chamber. This is how nature will seal the hole.

Depending on the height of the tsunami, the ocean debris, oil, and existing structures that will be washed away on shore and inland, will leave the area from 50 to 200 miles inland devoid of life. Even if the debris is cleaned up, the contaminants that will be in the ground and water supply will prohibit re-population of these areas for an unknown number of years.

(End of scientists information release.) From Tom Buyea FL News Service

Comment

Joseph Fasciani

6-9-10

Jeff - As I wrote in the PS and Comment to another article, HS physics tells us that a liquid cannot be compressed. Period.

Perhaps this statement you posted, http://www.rense.com/general91/oilor.htm , will help the wake-up call.

As he points out:

The hole will continue to increase in size allowing more and more oil to rise into the Gulf. After several billion barrels of oil have been released, the pressure within the massive cavity five miles beneath the ocean floor will begin to normalize.

If HS sheeple had elementary physics, chemistry, biology, botany, and zoology BEFORE leaving HS, the MSM could not hood wink so many so often. -Joseph

Be your own leader

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151635
06/10/2010 12:18 PM
06/10/2010 12:18 PM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline OP
J. Croft  Offline OP
J
somewhere-where am I?

Be your own leader

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151636
06/10/2010 03:12 PM
06/10/2010 03:12 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
The New York Times

June 8, 2010

Scientist Awed by Size, Density of Undersea Oil Plume in Gulf

By PAUL QUINLAN AND JOSH VOORHEES of Greenwire

Vast underwater concentrations of oil sprawling for miles in the Gulf of Mexico from the damaged, crude-belching BP PLC well are unprecedented in "human history" and threaten to wreak havoc on marine life, a team of scientists said today, a finding confirmed for the first time by federal officials.

Researchers aboard the F.G. Walton Smith vessel briefed reporters on a two-week cruise in which they traced an underwater oil plum 15 miles wide, 3 miles long and about 600 feet thick. The plume's core is 1,100 to 1,300 meters below the surface, they said.

"It's an infusion of oil and gas unlike anything else that has ever been seen anywhere, certainly in human history," said Samantha Joye of the University of Georgia, the expedition leader.

Bacteria are breaking down the oil's hydrocarbons in a massive, microorganism feeding frenzy that has sent oxygen levels plunging close to what is considered "dead zone" conditions, at which most marine life are smothered for a lack of dissolved oxygen.

Such low-oxygen conditions were noticed farther from the spill site, although Joye said she did not think the process would immediately produce a dead zone, since low nutrient concentrations in the water would limit the rate of the bacterial consumption.

Joye said her team also measured extremely high levels of methane, which is also spewing from the gushing BP well at up to 10,000 times background levels in Gulf waters.

"I've been working in the Gulf of Mexico for 15 years," Joye said. "I've never seen methane concentration this high anywhere in the water."

Less clear to researchers like Joye are what role the unprecedented deployment of oil-dispersing chemicals are having on the undersea gathering of oil. She said dispersants likely played a role in keeping the oil underwater but that they are "certainly not required" to produce such an effect, given the deep-water -- as opposed to surface -- injection of oil and gas.

Also still unclear, she said, are the long-term effects of oil and dispersant use on fisheries.

"The primary producers -- the base of the food web in the ocean -- is going to be altered. There's no doubt about that," Joye said. "We have no idea what dispersants are going to do to microorganisms. We know they are toxic to many larvae. It's impossible to know what the impacts are going to be."

A full understanding and the full impact to the Gulf's fishery may be years away, she said.

"It's a very, very complicated problem, and there are a lot of people doing fisheries work to try to get a handle on this, but it's going to be months or years probably before we realize the full consequences of this spill," Joye said.

Asked to react to BP officials earlier assertions that the Gulf of Mexico was a large enough body of water to absorb the impact of an oil spill under way, Joye bristled.

"The solution to pollution is not dilution," she said. "It's an excuse, and it's arm-waving, and it takes away from the important things that we should be thinking about," she said, such as measuring the scope of the spill and its effects.

Federal confirmation

Federal officials for the first time today confirmed the researchers' findings, although Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen, who is leading the federal response to the spill, questioned the use of the term "plume" to describe that underwater oil.

"The term 'plume' has been used for quite awhile, [but] I think what we are talking about are concentrations," he said. "'Cloud' is a better term."

Joye's team's results echo the findings of a University of South Florida team aboard the Weatherbird II vessel.

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration chief Jane Lubchenco said her agency had finished testing water samples collected by the USF team that confirmed the presence of the oil.

"The bottom line is, yes there is oil in the water columns," she told reporters. "That's confirmed for the sites we've done the analyses."

BP CEO Tony Hayward had disputed the presence of plumes, saying on June 6 that there was "no evidence" of their existence. BP spokesman John Pack said today they would be paying attention to the data that is coming in.

"We will obviously listen to what they have to say," Pack said.

Lubchenco said the test confirms the presence of subsurface oil, which she said federal scientists suspected was present.

Lubchenco said that oil was found in "very low concentrations" in the range of less than 0.5 parts per million. NOAA tested samples from three collection sites, confirming the presence of subsea oil 40 nautical miles northeast of the well. She said samples from a site 42 nautical miles northeast were inconclusive and that samples from a site 142 miles southeast "were not consistent with the oil spill."

"That does not mean it doesn't have significant impact. A more complete picture will require additional information, and we're in the process of getting that," Lubchenco said.

"We remain concerned about the location of oil on the surface and under the sea," Lubchenco said. "We are attacking it aggressively to mitigate the harm and understand the impact."

Lubchenco said "there is definitely oil subsurface" and that NOAA would continue to analyze water samples as they were collected.

"We will continue to do research to understand where it is and in what concentrations and what are its impacts," she said.

Copyright 2010 E&E Publishing. All Rights Reserved.

For more news on energy and the environment, visit www.greenwire.com.
Greenwire is published by Environment & Energy Publishing. Read More »

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151637
06/13/2010 03:39 AM
06/13/2010 03:39 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Governor: National Guard staging for “effort to evacuate” communities impacted by oil spill

By oilflorida, on June 11th, 2010

Governor Jindal Sends Letters to Dept. of Defense and Dept. of Homeland Security Requesting National Guard to Support Oil Spill Response Efforts

Baton Rouge: Governor Bobby Jindal sent the following letters to the Secretaries of the Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security requesting that the Louisiana National Guard be utilized to support the oil spill response efforts under federal Title 32 status. By sending this letter, the Governor is preparing to mobilize the resources of the Louisiana National Guard and seeking reimbursement in support of their efforts being coordinated by the federal lead agencies.

Honorable Robert M. Gates
Secretary of Defense
U.S. Department of Defense
Washington, DC 20310

Dear Secretary Gates:

I request that you approve funding for at least 90 days of military duty in Title 32 USC 502(f) status for up to 6,000 Soldiers and Airmen serving on active duty in support of our response to the threat of the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill to the State of Louisiana. Title 32 status will allow the members of the National Guard supporting the response to the oil spill to receive military retirement points, health insurance and disability protection.

I am requesting that you consider funding this mission by arranging for an Economy Act transaction pursuant to 31 USC, Chapter 1535, such that environmental disaster funds available to other Federal Agencies can be employed. Further, in accordance with the Oil Pollution Control Act of 1990, Title 33 USC, Chapter 40 Section 2702, the owners of the Deepwater Horizon facility responsible for this oil spill should be required to provide full reimbursement for all costs and damages associated with the oil spill as well as the recovery efforts in the State of Louisiana.

The President has designated the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill as an event of “National Significance.” Currently the oil spill is projected to reach the coast of Louisiana today, April 29, 2010. I am prepared to order the Louisiana National Guard to state active duty in order to respond to this threat to Louisiana’s fragile coast line. Louisiana is host to several federal wildlife refuges and management areas which are in the direct path of the oil spill. The Pass-a-Loutre Wildlife Management Area at the mouth of the Mississippi River is predicted to be the first wildlife refuge affected by the oil spill.

The National Guard will provide security, medical capabilities, engineers and communication support in response to this threat. Currently, our Soldiers and Airmen are staging for and are engaged in the planning of the effort to evacuate and provide security and clean up for the coastal communities expected to be impacted by the oil spill. They are engaged in the protection of vital infrastructure to include medical facilities, fuel distribution, interstate highways, water-ice distribution and power facilities which are all vital to the recovery of coastal Louisiana.

I believe these National Guard operations are necessary and appropriate to protect this region of our nation from a significant national event with potential catastrophic loss of natural resources. Louisiana is home to many federal and state military facilities including the NSA New Orleans, the operations of which could be effected.

Thank you for consideration of this request.

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151638
06/16/2010 03:45 AM
06/16/2010 03:45 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
16 Burning Questions About The Gulf Of Mexico Oil Spill That We Deserve Some Answers To

The Economic Collapse
June 16, 2010

The Gulf of Mexico oil spill is a national nightmare that seems to have no ending. Every day new details come out that are even more shocking than what we learned the day before. The truth is that life will never be the same in the Gulf of Mexico or for those who live along the Gulf coast. Now Barack Obama has made a big Oval Office speech and has tried to convince all of us that he is in charge of the crisis. Well, perhaps if he had tried to take decisive action a month ago the American people may have rallied around him. But right now the BP/government response to this disaster remains completely and totally chaotic. Nobody seems to be able to stop the leak, and BP has made the environmental nightmare far worse by dumping over a million gallons of highly toxic dispersants into the Gulf. U.S. government officials are running around holding press conferences and waiting for BP to do something. Meanwhile oil is pouring ashore and toxic gases are being detected at very alarming levels. The biggest environmental disaster in U.S. history is also quickly becoming one of the biggest economic disasters and potentially one of the biggest public health disasters.

The truth is that the American people deserve some answers about what in the world is going on down there in the Gulf. BP does not own the Gulf of Mexico and they have no right to keep the American people from seeing what is happening. There are some very serious health and environmental questions that have been raised in the media recently, but both BP and the U.S. government are not giving us any answers.

But we need some answers. People are getting sick. Crops are dying. Wildlife is being devastated. Birds are flocking north by the thousands.

But BP and the U.S. government continue to treat us as though we are on a “need to know” basis and that what we “need to know” is not much.

Actually, much of what they have decided to tell us throughout this crisis has turned out to be lies anyway.

The truth is that it is about darn time that someone started telling it to us straight.

The following are 16 questions about the Gulf of Mexico oil spill that we really need some answers to….

#1) Barack Obama has authorized the deployment of more than 17,000 National Guard members along the Gulf coast to be used “as needed” by state governors. So what are all of these National Guard troops going to be doing exactly? Are the troops going to be used to stop the oil or to control the public?

#2) Barack Obama has also announced the creation of a “Gulf recovery czar” who will be in charge of overseeing the restoration of the Gulf of Mexico region following the oil spill. So is appointing a “czar” Obama’s idea of taking charge of a situation?

#3) Because it is so incredibly toxic, the UK’s Marine Management Organization has completely banned Corexit 9500, so if there was a major oil spill in the UK’s North Sea, BP would not be able to use it. So why is BP being allowed to use Corexit 9500 in the Gulf of Mexico?

#4) It is being reported that 2.61 parts per million of Corexit 9500 (mixed with oil at a ratio of 1:1o) is lethal to 50% of fish exposed to it within 96 hours. That means that 1 gallon of Corexit 9500/oil mixture is capable of rendering 383,141 gallons of water highly toxic to fish. So why was BP allowed to dump 1,021,000 gallons of Corexit 9500 and Corexit 9527 into the Gulf of Mexico, and why aren’t they being stopped from dumping another 805,000 gallons of these dispersants that they have on order into the Gulf?

#5) If these dispersants are so incredibly toxic to fish, what are they going to do to crops? What are they going to do to people?

#6) If the smell of the oil on some Gulf beaches is already so strong that it burns your nostrils, then what in the world is this oil doing to to wildlife that encounter it?

#7) Is it a bad sign that birds from the Gulf region are flocking north by the thousands?

#8) Why is BP being allowed to use private security contractors to keep the American people away from the oil cleanup sites?

#9) Why is BP openly attempting to manipulate the search results on sites like Google and Yahoo?

#10) Why has the FAA shut down the airspace above the Gulf of Mexico oil spill? What don’t they want the American people to see?

#11) Senator Bill Nelson of Florida says that there are reports that there are additional ruptures in the sea floor from which oil is leaking. If there are quite a few of these additional ruptures, then how in the world does BP expect to completely stop this oil leak?

#12) Why are scientists finding concentrations of methane at up to 10,000 times normal background levels in Gulf waters?

#13) At some testing stations in the Gulf of Mexico, levels of benzene have been detected at over 3000 parts per billion, and levels of hydrogen sulfide have been detected as high as 1192 parts per billion. Considering that these levels would be highly toxic to humans, why hasn’t the general public been warned?

#14) Why are so many Gulf oil spill disaster workers showing up at local hospitals complaining of a “mysterious illness”?

#15) If “70% or 80%” of the protective booms are doing absolutely nothing at all to stop the oil, then what is going to stop the millions of gallons of oil in the Gulf from eventually reaching shore?

#16) It is being reported that the deep sea oil plumes are creating huge “dead zones” where all creatures are dying as they are deprived of oxygen. If this oil spill continues to grow could the vast majority of the Gulf of Mexico become one gigantic “dead zone”?

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151639
06/16/2010 03:49 AM
06/16/2010 03:49 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
BP Admits That – If It Tries to Cap the Leak – the Whole Well May Blow

The Alex Jones Channel Alex Jones Show podcast Prison Planet TV Infowars.com Twitter Alex Jones' Facebook Infowars store

Washington’s Blog
June 16, 2010

As I previously noted, oil industry expert Rob Cavner said that BP must “keep the well flowing to minimize oil and gas going out into the formation on the side”:

This has just been confirmed by BP.

Specifically, BP’s Chief Operating Officer Doug Suttles told CNN last Thursday that BP’s data indicates that BP can’t cap the leaking oil, or it might cause the well casing to blow out:

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Suttles denies that there is evidence that the well casing has already blown out beneath the sea floor.

But many experts – including experts working for BP – say that there is damage beneath the sea floor. Indeed, Matt Simmons told Bloomberg today that America’s top research vessel – the Thomas Jefferson – found that the well casing is gone, and can no longer even be seen on the sea floor, having been destroyed:

See the videos...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/bp-admits-that-if-it-tries-to-cap-the-leak-the-whole-well-may-blow.html

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151640
06/16/2010 07:34 AM
06/16/2010 07:34 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline OP
J. Croft  Offline OP
J
somewhere-where am I?
EVACUATE THE GULF COAST NOW

excerpt:

First a fresh alert about the ever worsening Gulf Oil Volcano:

http://stevequayle.com/News.alert/10_Cosmic/100615.Gulf.sabotage.html

Petroleum Engineer -Gulf Oil Rig Intentionally Sabotaged

June 15, 2010

I CALLED THE ALEX JONES SHOW ON JUNE 10, 2010, TO SHARE SOME TRUTHS ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED IN THE GULF OIL DISASTER.

LINDSEY WILLIAMS WAS ON THE SHOW SHARING INFORMATION THAT HE RECIEVED FROM HIS ILLUMANTI FRIEND. THIS WAS WHEN MY CALL WAS TAKEN. AS I STATED, I WAS A PETROLEUM ENGINEER AND WORKED FOR HALLIBURTON AND BJ HUGHES ( THE OIL AND GAS SIDE OF HOWARD HUGHES COMPANIES). AS SOON AS THE GULF INCIDENT HAPPENED I TOLD MY WIFE AND FRIENDS THAT THIS WAS A SET-UP. GOLDMAN SACHS SELLING THEIR BP SHARES DAYS BEFORE THE DISASTER, NOT TO MENTION THE HEAD OF BP SELLING OVER A THIRD (3rd)OF HIS STOCK. WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THAT UNLESS THEY HAD INSIDE INFORMATION. LINDSEY WILLIAMS ILLUMINATI FRIEND CLAIMS THAT IT WAS AN UNFORESEEN ACCIDENT. BALONEY !! EVEN HIS "FRIEND" DOSEN'T SHARE THE WHOLE TRUTH. STATE PENSION FUNDS ARE LOADED WITH OIL AND GAS COMPANY STOCKS. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN NOW ? PEOPLE BOYCOTTING BP GAS STATIONS AND BP'S STOCKS ARE GOING DOWN WORLDWIDE.

NOW, ABOUT THE DRILLING DEPTH..... WHAT WAS BEING TOLD TO THE MEDIA AND OTHERS WAS A LIE. THEY STATED THAT THE DEPTH WAS 13,000 FEET PLUS 5,000 FEET OF WATER. WE HAVE SINCE BEEN TOLD THAT IT IS 30,000 FEET BELOW THE SEA BED. THE RIG BLOWING-UP AND CATCHING FIRE, WAS A CLUE THAT ALERTED ME THAT THINGS BEING TOLD WERE NOT ACCURATE. THERE WAS A MAJOR COVER-UP GOING ON.

IT WAS REPORTED THAT AROUND 11:00 am, THE TOOL-PUSHER (THE MAN IN CHARGE OF THE RIG) HAD A HEATED ARGUEMENT WITH THE OIL COMPANY REPS. ABOUT USING (SALT WATER) INSTEAD OF DRILLING MUD TO DRILL THE WELL DEEPER. DRILLING MUD IS USED BECAUSE THE WEIGHT OF IT CAN BE ADJUSTED BASED ON THE PRESSURES THAT YOU COME UP AGAINST WHEN DRILLING. THE DEEPER YOU GO, SOMETIMES YOU WILL HIT GAS POCKETS AND THE WEIGHT OF THE MUD PLUS HOW MUCH OF IT IS IN THE PIPE CREATES HYDRO-STATIC WEIGHT AND THIS HELPS PREVENT BLOW-OUTS. THEN ABOUT 11:00pm, OR ELEVEN HOURS LATER THE RIG EXPLODED KILLING (11) ELEVEN RIG HANDS. 11, 11, 11, STRANGE.....

THEN THERE ARE ALSO BLOW-OUT PREVENTERS, CHECK VALVES AND MANY OTHER THINGS THAT TOOL-PUSHERS CAN USE TO MAKE SURE BLOW-OUTS DON'T HAPPEN. IT WAS REPORTED THAT THE BLOW-OUT PREVENTERS FAILED ...THAT THEY COULDN'T GET TO THE BUTTON TO ACTIVATE IT. THAT IS BULL. THERE ARE GAS SNIFFERS AND ALL SORTS OF PRECAUTIONARY DEVICES THAT ARE ON THESE RIGS. THESE ARE CHECKED DAILY BY THE CREWS AND HAVE TO BE SIGNED OFF ON WHEN THEY WERE INSPECTED AND WHO DID IT.

A TOOL-PUSHER DOESN'T GET TO THAT POSITION UNLESS HE HAS WORKED ON RIGS FOR YEARS AND STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM UP, AND KNOWS EVERY JOB ON THE RIG. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HE LISTENED TO THE COMPANY REP OR ANYONE ELSE WHEN IT CAME TO SAFETY OF HIMSELF, HIS MEN AND THE RIG. I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY THE 11 OTHER MEN ASKED TO LEAVE THE RIG AND THEY BROUGHT IN 11 REPLACEMENTS. BP PUT MONEY AND PROFIT AHEAD OF SAFETY. THERE WERE REPORTS OF PROBLEMS 3 TO 4 DAYS BEFORE THE WELL BLEW-OUT. THEY OR SOMEONE WANTED THIS TO HAPPEN. EVERYTHING WAS PURPOSELY DONE TO CAUSE THIS DISASTER.

YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT AT 5,000 FEET DOWN IN WATER YOU HAVE UNBELIEVEABLE PRESURE THAT CAN CRUSH SUBMARINES, PLUS THE TEMPATURE LEVELS AT THAT DEPTH CAN BE AS LOW AS BEING ON MT. EVEREST. EXAMPLE : THEIR FIRST TOP KILL FAILED BECAUSE THE CONCRET FROZE AND THE CAP BROKE APART BECAUSE OF THE FACTS STATED ABOVE. ANYONE WHO HAS DRILLED IN THE GULF SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT THE CONCRETE WOULD FREEZE AT THAT DEPTH. WHILE ALL OF THIS PLAYING AROUND IS GOING ON, THE WELL HEAD (OR WHAT IS LEFT IT) IS GETTING BIGGER BECAUSE THE SEDIMENT AND SAND COMING OUT OF THE WELL HEAD IS ACTING AS A SANDBLASTER IF YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING, THE PRESURE AT THE WELL HEAD HAS NOT DECREASED BUT IS GETTING STRONGER EVEN THOUGH THE HOLE IS GETTING BIGGER. IT SHOULD BE THE OTHER WAY AROUND. LIKE PUTTING A NOZZEL ON YOUR WATER HOSE. SMALLER HOLE, MORE PRESURE, LARGER HOLE, LESS PRESURE. THAT'S NOT HAPPENING....

LINDSEY WILLIAMS STATED THAT WHEN THEY STARTED TO PUMP MUD DOWN TO KILL THE WELL, THAT THEY WERE USING 30,000 HORSE POWER PUMPS AND THEY CAME TO BELIEVE THAT THERE WAS A CRACK OR SEPARTION OF THE PIPE DOWN HOLE, ( IN THE SEA FLOOR ) AND THE MUD FRACTURED THE SEA BED MORE THAN WHAT WAS ALREADY DONE BY THE BLOWOUT. THAT PIPE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CEMENTED IN FROM THE SEA BED DOWN TO WHAT EVER DEPTH THEY HAD SET THE PIPE BEFORE DRILLING DOWN FURTHER. ALSO NO "O" RINGS WERE PUT IN THE PIPE TO SEAL THE PIPE CONNECTIONS. THIS STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN. THEY CUT CORNERS DELIBERATELY AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY. SURVIVOR INTERVIEWS STATED THAT THEY TALKED SAFETY FIRST BUT, PUSHED THEM TO CUT TIME AND COST OR THEY WERE OFF THE RIG.

LINDSEY WILLIAMS ALSO STATED THAT HE WAS TOLD IT WAS LIKE A SPIDER WEB OF FRACTURES IN THE SEA BED AND AS MANY AS SIX (6) PLUMES COMING FROM FISSURES IN THE SEA FLOOR. THAT HAPPENED WHEN THEY (FRACKED) BROKE OPEN THE SEA FLOOR WHEN THE WELL BLEW OUT AND THEN EVEN MORE WHEN THEY PUMPED DOWN ALL THAT MUD THAT WENT OUT THROUGH THE BROKEN OR CRACKED PIPE APPROX. 1000 FEET BELOW THE SEA FLOOR THUS CAUSING THE SPIDER WEB OF FRACTURES TO INCREASE AND SPREAD OUT ALLOWING MORE GAS AND OIL TO COME TO THE SURFACE OF THE SEA FLOOR.

ALL THE WHILE BP HAS BEEN USING HIGHLY TOXIC DISPERSANTS TO HIDE HOW BAD THE DISASTER TRULY IS. NO UP CLOSE REPORTERS, NO FLY ZONES OVER THE GULF, AND PRIVATE SECURITY PEOPLE RUNNING OFF ANYONE WITH A CAMERA OR ASKING QUESTIONS, AND THREATENING WITH ARREST. DOESN'T LOOK TRANSPARENT TO ME.

I BELIEVE THAT THEY HAVE TAPPED INTO ABIOTIC OIL WITH DIFFERENT TYPES OF GASES WITH IT. THE PRESURE THAT IS PUSHING THIS OUT OF THE HOLE IS COMING FROM NEAR THE CENTER OF THE EARTH. IT IS LIKE A LARGE OIL AND GAS RESEVOIR THAT KEEPS REPLENTISHING ITSELF SITTING ON TOP OF A VOLCANO. THAT'S WHY THE PRESURE DOESN'T DECREASE. LINDSEY WILLIAMS STATED THAT HE WAS TOLD THAT THIS PRESURE WAS 70,000 PSI ( PER SQUARE INCH )WHEN THE WELL BLEW.

THERE HAS BEEN TALK OF A NUCULAR OPTION. LINDSEY WILLIAMS STATED THAT THEY WERE CONSIDERING GOING DOWN ONE OF THE TWO (2) ANGLED RELIEF WELLS THEY ARE DRILLING. THESE RELIEF WELL ARE ONLY GOING TO MAKE THINGS WORSE BECUSE BY DRILLING THEM YOU ARE GOING TO WIDEN THE ALREADY FRACTURED SEA BED. IN OTHER SITUATIONS WHEN A RELIEF WELL(S)WERE DRILLED, IT WOULD BE DRILLED TO HELP RELIEVE THE PRESURE OF A BLOWN OUT WELL WHICH HAD DRILLED INTO A RESERVOIR.

THIS IS NOT A RESERVIOR...... AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A RESERVIOR .....

RUSSIA HAS DRILLED SEVERAL SUPER DEEP WELLS AND HAS RUN INTO SIMILAR PROBLEMS.

RUSSIA HAS USED THE NUCLEAR OPTION SUCCESSFULLY, BUT THAT WAS NOT THROUGH 5000 FEET OF WATER, THE DRILLING WAS DONE ON GROUND.

WHAT THEY DID TO CORRECT THEIR PROBLEM WILL NOT WORK FOR BP BECAUSE THEY HAVE 5000 FEET OF WATER, PLUS THE WATER PRESURE, THE COLD TEMPERATURES, WELL HEAD PRESURES, AND ALL WORK BEING DONE BY ROBOTICS.

IF THEY WERE TO SET OFF A NUCLEAR BLAST TO CLOSE OFF THIS RUPTURE - THINGS WOULD GO FROM BAD TO WORSE. YOU COULD IGNITE THE GASES AND OIL AND BLOW OPEN THE SEA FLOOR, WHICH COULD CAUSE THE EARTH TO SHIFT OR CAUSE A WOBBLE, OR POSSIBLY A TSUNAMI. WITH ALL THE EARTH QUAKES AND ACTIVE VOLCANOS WE'VE GOT GOING ON... THEN ADD TO THAT THE TECTONIC PLATES BEING AT THE MOUTH OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER... YOU HAVE A MAJOR WORLDWIDE PROBLEM.

THIS WILL NEVER BE FIXED....

I HAVE SUGGESTED BUILDING A HUGE FUNNEL AND TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN ( LIKE THE TIN MAN'S HAT ) AND PLACE IT OVER THE WELL HEAD. ATTACTCH PIPE TO THE SPOUT AND ALLOW THE WELL TO BLOW THE OIL AND GAS UP. ONCE THE GAS AND OIL REACHES THE SURFACE; OIL GOES INTO THE TANKERS... GAS GETS BURNED OFF. YOU COULD MAKE THIS FUNNEL OUT IF NON-RIP PLASTIC OR WHATEVER, AND USE THE SUBMURGEABLES TO TAKE IT DOWN TO THE SEA FLOOR AND OVER THE WELL.

IF IT WASN'T FOR THE FACT THAT THE FIRST TRUMPET JUDGEMENT HASN'T HAPPENED, I WOULD SAY THAT THIS WAS THE SECOND TRUMPET JUDGEMENT THAT STATED: A GREAT MOUNTAIN BURNING WITH FIRE WAS CAST INTO THE SEA: AND THE THIRD PART OF THE SEA BECAME BLOOD:

AND A THIRD PART OF THE CREATURES WHICH WERE IN THE SEA, AND HAD LIFE, DIED; AND THE THIRD PART OF THE SHIPS WERE DESTROYED.

I AM SURE THAT I HAVE PROBABLY LEFT SOME THINGS OUT BUT IT'S LATE AND I'M TIRED. I HOPE PEOPLE CAN GET A PICTURE OF HOW BAD THINGS TRULY ARE AND THE FACT THAT IT IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE FOR THE BETTER ANYTIME SOON.

PASTOR FROM OHIO
The Gulf Oil Volcano: an ecological 9/11. Sadly it makes perfect sense, it happened on April 20-a favorite date for these bastards. That is not the worst of it:

Full report here: http://freedomguide.blogspot.com/2010/06/evacuate-gulf-coast-now.html

Be your own leader

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151641
06/16/2010 01:49 PM
06/16/2010 01:49 PM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
What I am thinking, will this be the trigger for the next Civil War.

What should the Militia do, should the Militia take action to protect people who are trying to find out the truth, from BP's private Goon Squad and should or will we help those who decide to fight.

And what if an evacuation is ordered, will the people of that area simply kiss government posterior and let themselves be disarmed or will they fight.

In that article it is stated that as many as 40 Million people would be forced to evacuate, what I am wondering is how many of those people especially those who are gun owners will resist surrendering their Arms and being forced into F.E.M.A Camps.

I am also wondering if this is part of what has been Prophesied in the Bible for the End Times.

I have been feeling for some time now that we are very close to the return of our Savior, and this man made disaster is causing me to believe that we are now at or only a very short time away from the beginning of the Great Tribulation. I also feel that the year 2012 being so close is also significant.

I truly believe that we all need to Pray and prepare ourselves as fully as possible for what I believe will happen in the very very very near future.

I know I will pray and ask for guidance and what I can do to help.

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151642
06/18/2010 01:19 PM
06/18/2010 01:19 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Gulf Oil Full of Methane, Adding New Concerns

June 18, 2010
AP

NEW ORLEANS – It is an overlooked danger in oil spill crisis: The crude gushing from the well contains vast amounts of natural gas that could pose a serious threat to the Gulf of Mexico's fragile ecosystem.

Photo: The oil damaged shoreline in the Northern reaches of Barataria Bay is seen amidst work boats in oil polluted waters as Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal's tours oil damage in Barataria Bay, La., Thursday, June 17, 2010.

The oil emanating from the seafloor contains about 40 percent methane, compared with about 5 percent found in typical oil deposits, said John Kessler, a Texas A&M University oceanographer who is studying the impact of methane from the spill.

That means huge quantities of methane have entered the Gulf, scientists say, potentially suffocating marine life and creating "dead zones" where oxygen is so depleted that nothing lives.

"This is the most vigorous methane eruption in modern human history," Kessler said.

Methane is a colorless, odorless and flammable substance that is a major component in the natural gas used to heat people's homes. Petroleum engineers typically burn off excess gas attached to crude before the oil is shipped off to the refinery. That's exactly what BP has done as it has captured more than 7.5 million gallons of crude from the breached well.

A BP spokesman said the company was burning about 30 million cubic feet of natural gas daily from the source of the leak, adding up to about 450 million cubic feet since the containment effort started 15 days ago. That's enough gas to heat about 450,000 homes for four days.

But that figure does not account for gas that eluded containment efforts and wound up in the water, leaving behind huge amounts of methane.

BP PLC said a containment cap sitting over the leaking well funneled about 619,500 gallons of oil to a drillship waiting on the ocean surface on Wednesday. Meanwhile, a specialized flare siphoning oil and gas from a stack of pipes on the seafloor burned roughly 161,700 gallons.

Thursday was focused on Capitol Hill, where lawmakers chastised BP CEO Tony Hayward.

Testifying as oil still surged into the Gulf at between 1.47 million and 2.52 million gallons a day, coating more coastal land and marshes, Hayward declared "I am so devastated with this accident," "deeply sorry" and "so distraught."

But he also said he was out of the loop on decisions at the well and disclaimed knowledge of any of the myriad problems on and under the Deepwater Horizon rig before the deadly explosion. BP was leasing the rig the Deepwater Horizon that exploded April 20, killing 11 workers and triggering the environmental disaster.

"BP blew it," said Rep. Bart Stupak, D-Mich., chairman of the House investigations panel that held the hearing. "You cut corners to save money and time."

As for the methane, scientists are still trying to measure how much has escaped into the water and how it may damage the Gulf and it creatures.

The dangerous gas has played an important role throughout the disaster and response. A bubble of methane is believed to have burst up from the seafloor and ignited the rig explosion. Methane crystals also clogged a four-story containment box that engineers earlier tried to place on top of the breached well.

Now it is being looked at as an environmental concern.

The small microbes that live in the sea have been feeding on the oil and natural gas in the water and are consuming larger quantities of oxygen, which they need to digest food. As they draw more oxygen from the water, it creates two problems. When oxygen levels drop low enough, the breakdown of oil grinds to a halt; and as it is depleted in the water, most life can't be sustained.

The National Science Foundation funded research on methane in the Gulf amid concerns about the depths of the oil plume and questions what role natural gas was playing in keeping the oil below the surface, said David Garrison, a program director in the federal agency who specializes in biological oceanography.

"This has the potential to harm the ecosystem in ways that we don't know," Garrison said. "It's a complex problem."

In early June, a research team led by Samantha Joye of the Institute of Undersea Research and Technology at the University of Georgia investigated a 15-mile-long plume drifting southwest from the leak site. They said they found methane concentrations up to 10,000 times higher than normal, and oxygen levels depleted by 40 percent or more.

The scientists found that some parts of the plume had oxygen concentrations just shy of the level that tips ocean waters into the category of "dead zone" — a region uninhabitable to fish, crabs, shrimp and other marine creatures.

Kessler has encountered similar findings. Since he began his on-site research on Saturday, he said he has already found oxygen depletions of between 2 percent and 30 percent in waters 1,000 feet deep.

Shallow waters are normally more susceptible to oxygen depletion. Because it is being found in such deep waters, both Kessler and Joye do not know what is causing the depletion and what the impact could be in the long- or short-term.

In an e-mail, Joye called her findings "the most bizarre looking oxygen profiles I have ever seen anywhere."

Representatives of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration acknowledged that so much methane in the water could draw down oxygen levels and slow the breakdown of oil in the Gulf, but cautioned that research was still under way to understand the ramifications.

"We haven't seen any long-term changes or trends at this point," said Robert Haddad, chief of the agency's assessment and restoration division.

Haddad said early efforts to monitor the spill had focused largely on the more toxic components of oil. However, as new data comes in, he said NOAA and other federal agencies will get a more accurate read on methane concentrations and the effects.

"The question is what's going on in the deeper, colder parts of the ocean," he said. "Are the (methane) concentrations going to overcome the amount of available oxygen? We want to make sure we're not overloading the system."

BP spokesman Mark Proegler disputed Joye's suggestion that the Gulf's deep waters contain large amounts of methane, noting that water samples taken by BP and federal agencies have shown minimal underwater oil outside the spill's vicinity.

"The gas that escapes, what we don't flare, goes up to the surface and is gone," he said.

Steven DiMarco, an oceanographer at Texas A&M University who has studied a long-known "dead zone" in the Gulf, said one example of marine life that could be affected by low oxygen levels in deeper waters would be giant squid — the food of choice for the endangered sperm whale population. Squid live primarily in deep water, and would be disrupted by lower oxygen levels, DiMarco said.

___

Brown reported from Billings, Mont.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_gulf_...dG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA2d1bGZvaWxmdWxsbw--

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151643
06/18/2010 01:24 PM
06/18/2010 01:24 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
http://abcnews.go.com/WN/bp-oil-spil...ry?id=10946379

BP Oil Spill: Against Gov. Jindal's Wishes, Crude-Sucking Barges Stopped by Coast Guard

59 Days Into Oil Crisis, Gulf Coast Governors Say Feds Are Failing Them

By DAVID MUIR and BRADLEY BLACKBURN

June 17, 2010

Eight days ago, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal ordered barges to begin vacuuming crude oil out of his state's oil-soaked waters. Today, against the governor's wishes, those barges sat idle, even as more oil flowed toward the Louisiana shore.

"It's the most frustrating thing," the Republican governor said today in Buras, La. "Literally, yesterday morning we found out that they were halting all of these barges."
Sixteen barges sat stationary today, although they were sucking up thousands of gallons of BP's oil as recently as Tuesday. Workers in hazmat suits and gas masks pumped the oil out of the Louisiana waters and into steel tanks. It was a homegrown idea that seemed to be effective at collecting the thick gunk.

"These barges work. You've seen them work. You've seen them suck oil out of the water," said Jindal.

Coast Guard Orders Barges to Stop

So why stop now?

"The Coast Guard came and shut them down," Jindal said. "You got men on the barges in the oil, and they have been told by the Coast Guard, 'Cease and desist. Stop sucking up that oil.'"

A Coast Guard representative told ABC News today that it shares the same goal as the governor.

"We are all in this together. The enemy is the oil," said Coast Guard Lt. Cmdr. Dan Lauer.

But the Coast Guard ordered the stoppage because of reasons that Jindal found frustrating. The Coast Guard needed to confirm that there were fire extinguishers and life vests on board, and then it had trouble contacting the people who built the barges.

Louisiana Governor Couldn't Overrule Coast Guard

The governor said he didn't have the authority to overrule the Coast Guard's decision, though he said he tried to reach the White House to raise his concerns.

"They promised us they were going to get it done as quickly as possible," he said. But "every time you talk to someone different at the Coast Guard, you get a different answer."

After Jindal strenuously made his case, the barges finally got the go-ahead today to return to the Gulf and get back to work, after more than 24 hours of sitting idle.

Along Gulf Coast, Governors Ask, 'Who's In Charge?'

Fifty-nine days into the crisis, it still can be tough to figure out who is in charge in Louisiana, and the problem appears to be the same in other Gulf Coast states.

In Alabama today, Gov. Bob Riley said that he's had problems with the Coast Guard, too.

Riley, R-Ala., asked the Coast Guard to find ocean boom tall enough to handle strong waves and protect his shoreline.

The Coast Guard went all the way to Bahrain to find it, but when it came time to deploy it?

"It was picked up and moved to Louisiana," Riley said today.

The governor said the problem is there's still no single person giving a "yes" or "no." While the Gulf Coast governors have developed plans with the Coast Guard's command center in the Gulf, things begin to shift when other agencies start weighing in, like the Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

"It's like this huge committee down there," Riley said, "and every decision that we try to implement, any one person on that committee has absolute veto power."

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151644
06/19/2010 07:14 AM
06/19/2010 07:14 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Oil spill cleanup aid from overseas comes with a price tag

Published: Friday, June 18, 2010, 3:34 PM

At least 22 nations -- including Britain, where BP is based -- have offered oil-collecting skimmers, boom, technical experts and more to help the U.S. cope with the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. But their generosity comes with a price tag.

The State Department confirmed that nearly every offer of equipment or expertise from a foreign government since the April 20 oil rig explosion would require the U.S. to reimburse that country.

The offers reveal a hard truth about the United States' international friendships: With the U.S. widely regarded as the world's wealthiest nation, there is a double standard regarding foreign aid after a crisis, especially with offers from relatively poor countries.

U.S. disaster aid is almost always free of charge; other nations expect the U.S. to pay for help.

"These offers are not typically offers of aid," said Lt. Erik Halvorson, a Coast Guard spokesman. "Normally, they are offers to sell resources to BP or the U.S. government."

Only Mexico, with wide swaths of poverty among its population, offered the U.S. anything for free. It said it would give the U.S. government some containment boom. BP separately purchased 13,780 feet of boom and two skimmers from Mexico in early May, according to the State Department.

"We're not disappointed," State Department spokesman Mark Toner said Friday. "We're quite pleased with the international offers of assistance. What we're concerned with right now is getting these types of assistance as they become available, as they are useful to our cleanup operations, getting them into action so they can clean up the Gulf."

The offers include:

* Britain, America's closest ally and headquarters to London-based BP, said it would sell chemical dispersants and containment boom for use cleaning up the spill. London's mayor, Boris Johnson, has previously complained about what he called "buck-passing and name-calling" in the U.S. against BP.
* Russia, which received $70.5 million in U.S. aid last year and $78 million in 2008, said it could send boom, oil containers and ships if the U.S. paid for them.
* China offered containment boom for a price. When a major earthquake struck in northwest China in April, the U.S. quickly gave $100,000 for relief supplies, and after another major earthquake in southwestern China in 2008, the U.S. donated $500,000 through the U.S. embassy in Beijing to the Red Cross to buy and deliver emergency supplies there. Congressional researchers estimate the U.S. spends roughly $30 million on foreign aid to China each year, including educational exchanges and health programs.
* Israel, which receives roughly $3 billion in U.S. military aid and other assistance, also said it would send containment boom, if the U.S. paid for it.
* France offered to send chemical dispersants and equipment to clean oil off birds but only for a price.
* Kenya, which received more than $24 million in U.S. aid last year and $11 million in 2008 for humanitarian aid, offered to send fire boom but only if the Obama administration paid.
* Vietnam offered a ship with oil-collecting sweep arms if the U.S. paid for it. The U.S. spent $102 million in all types of aid to Vietnam in 2008. When Typhoon Ketsana hit that country last fall, affecting 3 million people, the U.S. spent $100,000 on relief operations.
* Romania made a "general offer of support" but asked the U.S. government for payment. After heavy rains sent in July 2008 sent four major rivers over their banks and killed five people, the U.S. gave $50,000 for emergency supplies.
* Croatia offered to send technical experts and plans, for a price. The U.S. gave Croatia $50,000 to buy local firefighting equipment in 2007 when more than 800 wildfires broke out during an unusually hot and dry summer.

http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-sp..._from_ove.html

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151645
06/19/2010 07:17 AM
06/19/2010 07:17 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
How The BP Disaster Could Kill Millions

By Terrence Aym

6-18-10 Disturbing evidence is mounting that something frightening is happening deep under the waters of the Gulf of Mexico-something far worse than the BP oil gusher. Warnings were raised as long as a year before the Deepwater Horizon disaster that the area of seabed chosen by the BP geologists might be unstable, or worse, inherently dangerous. What makes the location that Transocean chose potentially far riskier than other potential oil deposits located at other regions of the Gulf?

It can be summed up with two words: methane gas.
The same methane that makes coal mining operations hazardous and leads to horrendous mining accidents deep under the earth also can present a high level of danger to certain oil exploration ventures. Location of Deepwater Horizon oil rig was criticized More than 12 months ago some geologists rang the warning bell that the Deepwater Horizon exploratory rig might have been erected directly over a huge underground reservoir of methane. Documents from several years ago indicate that the subterranean geologic formation may contain the presence of a huge methane deposit. None other than the engineer who helped lead the team to snuff the Gulf oilfires set by Saddam Hussein to slow the advance of American troops has stated that a huge underground lake of methane gas-compressed by a pressure of 100,000 pounds per square inch (psi)-could be released by BP's drilling effort to obtain the oil deposit.

Current engineering technology cannot contain gas that is pressurized to 100,000 psi. By some geologists' estimates the methane could be a massive 15 to 20 mile toxic and explosive bubble trapped for eons under the Gulf sea floor. In their opinion, the explosive destruction of the Deepwater Horizon wellhead was an accident just waiting to happen. Yet the disaster that followed the loss of the rig pales by comparison to the apocalyptic disaster that may come. A cascading catastrophe According to worried geologists, the first signs that the methane may burst its way through the bottom of the ocean would be fissures or cracks appearing on the ocean floor near the damaged well head.

Evidence of fissures opening up on the seabed have been captured by the robotic submersibles working to repair and contain the ruptured well. Smaller, independent plumes have also appeared outside the nearby radius of the bore hole itself. According to some geological experts, BP's operations set into motion a series of events that may be irreversible. Step-by-step the drilling team committed one error after another. Congressmen Henry Waxman, D-CA, and Bart Stupak, D-MI, in a letter sent to BP CEO Tony Hayward, identified 5 missteps made by BP during the period culminating with the explosion. Waxman, chair of the Congressional energy panel and Stupak, the head of the subcommittee on oversight and investigations, said, "The common feature of these five decisions is that they posed a trade-off between cost and well safety." The two Representatives also stated in the 14-page letter to Hayward that "Time after time, it appears that BP made decisions that increased the risk of a blowout to save the company time or expense." Called by some insiders investigating the ongoing disaster a "perfect storm of catastrophe," the wellhead blew on the sea floor catapulting a stream of mud, oil and gas upwards at the speed of sound. In describing the events-that transpired in a matter of seconds-they note that immediately following the rupture the borehole pipe's casing blew away exposing a straight line 8 miles deep for the pressurized gas to escape.

The result was cavitation, an irregular pressure variance sometimes experience by deep diving vessels such as nuclear submarines. This cavitation created a supersonic bubble of explosive methane gas that resulted in a supersonic explosion killing 11 men and completely annihilating the drilling platform. Death from the depths With the emerging evidence of fissures, the quiet fear now is the methane bubble rupturing the seabed and exploding into the Gulf waters. If the bubble escapes, every ship, drilling rig and structure within the region of the bubble will instantaneously sink. All the workers, engineers, Coast Guard personnel and marine biologists measuring the oil plumes' advance will instantly perish. As horrible as that is, what would follow is an event so potentially horrific that it equals in its fury the Indonesian tsunami that killed more than 600,000, or the destruction of Pompeii by Mt. Vesuvius. The ultimate Gulf disaster, however, would make even those historical horrors pale by comparison. If the huge methane bubble breaches the seabed, it will erupt with an explosive fury similar to that experienced during the eruption of Mt. Saint Helens in the Pacific Northwest. A gas gusher will surge upwards through miles of ancient sedimentary rock-layer after layer-past the oil reservoir. It will explode upwards propelled by 50 tons psi, burst through the cracks and fissures of the compromised sea floor, and rupture miles of ocean bottom with one titanic explosion.

The burgeoning methane gas cloud will surface, killing everything it touches, and set off a supersonic tsunami with the wave traveling somewhere between 400 to 600 miles per hour. While the entire Gulf coastline is vulnerable, the state most exposed to the fury of a supersonic wave towering 100 feet or more is Florida. The Sunshine State only averages about 6 inches above sea level. A supersonic tsunami would literally sweep away everything from Miami to the panhandle in a matter of minutes. Loss of human life would be virtually instantaneous and measured in the millions. Of course the states of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and southern region of Georgia-a state with no Gulf coastline-would also experience tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of casualties. Loss of property is virtually incalculable and the days of the US position as the world's superpower would be literally gone in a flash...of detonating methane.

http://www.helium.com/items/1864136-...-kill-millions

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151646
06/19/2010 04:30 PM
06/19/2010 04:30 PM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
Sniper:

Since the quoted post was removed due to its antagonistic nature, I’m deleting your post also.
The offending member was warned.

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151647
06/20/2010 03:09 AM
06/20/2010 03:09 AM
Eastern NC
HARBINGER Offline
HARBINGER  Offline
Eastern NC
Harbinger:

Since the quoted post was removed due to its antagonistic nature, I’m deleting your post also.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm, CXLIV
Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151648
06/20/2010 06:25 AM
06/20/2010 06:25 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
We have no need to be play the blame game. There is plenty of blame to go around.

All corporations, including BP, are more concerned with the bottom line than anything else. They will pinch a dollar to save a penny. They will cut corners any way they can to maximize their profits.

However, this does not mean BP deliberately caused this blow out to happen. No business will deliberately sabotage their own operation. They wanted to sell the oil for a profit not watch millions of dollars float away with the tide. No business wants to throw away billions of dollars in lost equipment and revenue, nor pay billions in fines, damages, etc.

If this blowout had occurred on land or in shallow water it would be much easier to contain and control. So Why was BP pushing the limits of technology by drilling so far out and deep? Because the environmentalists and the government will not allow the oil companies to drill close to shore or on many of the land based oil fields.

That same government also refuses to allow state governors to take necessary measures to mitigate the problem until they do an "environmental impact study". And, while this inept government drags it's feet and stonewalls measures that could have been taken immediately, the oil IS making a major impact on the environment and the economy.

Some will say that oil has been leaking to the surface for millions of years and that the amount released so far is a drop in the bucket of a very big ocean. While that may be true; it is a major problem when it adversely impacts one third of our domestic oil production, one third of our domestic sea food production, causes the loss of thousands of jobs, and the loss of millions of dollars in local business revenue. Factor in the adverse effects to the regions environment and the health of the local population and you have a disaster that will last for years.

And then we have BP who so far has been unable to stop the blowout and may never be able to contain it and a government that is so inept that it's done nothing but get it the way and point fingers at everyone but itself; and you have a disaster that may last decades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRl6-o8CpXA&feature=player_embedded

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151649
06/20/2010 06:31 AM
06/20/2010 06:31 AM
Eastern NC
HARBINGER Offline
HARBINGER  Offline
Eastern NC
Harbinger:

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm, CXLIV
Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151650
06/20/2010 01:39 PM
06/20/2010 01:39 PM
North Carolina
S
safetalker Offline
safetalker  Offline
S
North Carolina
Friends
I think that instead of pointing fingers and rushing here to out post the other guys the Militias of the nation should be coordinating to provide some semblance of order if or when this thing does go off.
If I was the president of these United States and some wild eyed reporter called and asked what I was doing to get ready for an unknown like this. My response would be getting me and mine someplace safe then I will send in the Army to move those too stupid to move out of harms way on their own to higher ground.
We have prepared for 20 years for the UN, but now when we are needed we sit around and point fingers.
As far as the BP money is concerned I don't see it reaching anyone who will use it.
Dead people can't make claims. If you get chemicals sprayed on you and then die of a disease you will not get a penny from BP or the idiots at the US Dept of free money.
There should be a concentrated effort among the state Militias to identify empty buildings, vacant homes, an low density roads to get these people out of harm's way. The DHS and FEMA's answer is a large fenced in area with an electric fence. For the poor peoples own safety.

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151651
06/20/2010 03:41 PM
06/20/2010 03:41 PM
Eastern NC
HARBINGER Offline
HARBINGER  Offline
Eastern NC
I agree safetalker

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151652
06/20/2010 03:54 PM
06/20/2010 03:54 PM
washington
mak9030mag Offline
mak9030mag  Offline
washington
Can you say population control.

America used to be self sufficent.Now it is herd mentality.

If people want to believe that the government will take care of them.

When they have seen with there own eyes that the goverenment by there own actions show that they can't ie [katrina].

Then thoughs herd mentalitiy people deserve what they get.

Put your trust in the arm of man flesh and see where it leads you.

Want a man king see where it leads you.

Mak
Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151653
06/21/2010 04:43 AM
06/21/2010 04:43 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
London Telegraph

BP oil spill: leak found in rig weeks before blast

The Deepwater Horizon rig, which exploded causing the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, had suffered a leak in the weeks leading up to the blast, an employee has claimed.

Published: 7:20AM BST 21 Jun 2010

Tyrone Benton told the BBC that he identified a leak in the rig's safety equipment weeks before the explosion.

He claimed that the leak was not fixed at the time. Instead, the faulty device was shut down, forcing the rig to rely on a second one.

"We saw a leak on the pod, so by seeing the leak we informed the company men," Mr Benton said. "They have a control room where they could turn off that pod and turn on the other one, so that they don't have to stop production."

The pods control the blowout preventer, the most important piece of safety equipment on the rig, and contain both electronics and hydraulics. This is where Mr Benton said the problem was found.

The blowout preventer failed when the rig exploded on April 20. The device, designed to avert disasters just like the devastating oil spill, is equipped with large shears which can seal off the well's main pipe.

Professor Tad Patzek, petroleum expert at the University of Texas, told the BBC: "That is unacceptable. If you see any evidence of the blowout preventer not functioning properly, you should fix it by whatever means possible."

Mr Benton said his supervisor emailed both BP and Transocean about the leaks when they were discovered. He did not known if the pod had been turned back on before the rig exploded.

BP said rig owners Transocean were responsible for the operation and maintenance of that piece of equipment.

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151654
06/24/2010 03:15 AM
06/24/2010 03:15 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
The Well from Hell

By Christian A. DeHaemer

The Dwarves dug too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness of Khazad-dum... shadow and flame.

— Saruman, The Lord of the Rings

There is something primordial about BP's quest for oil in the Gulf of Mexico. It's an Icarus-like story of super-ambition; of reaching too far, delving too deep.

I don't know if you've stopped to contemplate what BP was trying to do...

The well itself started 5,000 feet below the surface. That's the depth of the Grand Canyon from the rim.

And then the company attempted to drill more than 30,000 feet below that — Mt. Everest would give 972 feet to spare.

Furthermore, the company sought oil in a dangerous area of the seabed.

It was unstable and many think BP sought it out because seismic data showed huge pools of methane gas — the very gas that blew the top off Deepwater Horizon and killed 11 people.

More than a year ago, geologists criticized Transocean for putting their exploratory rig directly over a massive underground reservoir of methane.

According to the New York Times , BP's internal "documents show that in March, after several weeks of problems on the rig, BP was struggling with a loss of 'well control.' And as far back as 11 months ago, it was concerned about the well casing and the blowout preventer.”

The problem is that this methane, located deep in the bowels of the earth, is under tremendous pressure...

Some speculate as much as 100,000 psi — far too much for current technology to contain. The shutoff vales and safety measures were built for only 1,000 psi.

It was an accident waiting to happen... And there are many that say it could get worse — much worse.

Geologists are pointing to other fissures and cracks that are appearing on the ocean floor around the damaged wellhead.

According to CNN:

The University of South Florida recently discovered a second oil plume in the northeastern Gulf. The first plume was found by Mississippi universities in early May.

And there have been other plumes discovered by submersibles...

Some geologists say that BP's arrogance has set off a series of events that may be irreversible. There are some that think that BP has drilled into an deep-core oil volcano that cannot be stopped, regardless of the horizontal drills the company claims will stop the oil plume in August.

Need the mudlogs

Geologist, Chris Landau, for instance, has called for a showing of the mudlogs. A mudlog is a schematic cross sectional drawing of the lithology (rock type) of the well that has been bored.

So far, no one has seen them... BP keeps them hidden.

Mr. Landau claims:

It is a dangerous game drilling into high pressure oil and gas zones because you risk having a blowout if your mud weight is not heavy enough. If you weight up your mud with barium sulfate to a very high level, you risk BLOWING OUT THE FORMATION.

What does that mean? It means you crack the rock deep underground; as the mudweight is now denser than the rock, it escapes into the rock in the pore spaces and the fractures. The well empties of mud. If you have not hit high pressure oil or gas at this stage, you are lucky.

But if you have, the oil and gas come flying up the well and you have a blowout, because you have no mud in the well to suppress the oil and gas. You shut down the well with the blowout preventer. If you do not have a blowout preventer, you are in trouble as we have all seen and you can only hope that the oil and gas pressure will naturally fall off with time, otherwise you have to try and put a new blowout preventer in place with oil and gas coming out as you work.

Obviously, the oil and gas pressure hasn't fallen off

In fact... it's increased.

The problem is that BP may not only have hit the mother of high-pressure wells, but there is also a vast amount of methane down there that could come exploding out like an underwater volcano.

I recently heard a recording of Richard Hoagland who was interviewed on Coast to Coast AM.

Mr. Hoagland has suggested that there are cracks in the ocean floor, and that pressure at the base of the wellhead is approximately 100,000 psi.

Furthermore, geologists believe there are another 4-5 cracks or fissions in the well. Upon using a GPS and Depth finder system, experts have discovered a large gas bubble, 15-20 miles across and tens of feet high, under the ocean floor.

These bubbles are common. Many believe they have caused the sinking of ships and planes in the Bermuda Triangle.

That said, a bubble this large — if able to escape from under the ocean floor through a crack — would cause a gas explosion that Mr. Hoagland likens to Mt. St. Helens... only under water.

The BP well is 50 miles from Louisiana. Its release would send a toxic cloud over populated areas. The explosion would also sink any ships and oil structures in the vicinity and create a tsunami which would head toward Florida at 600 mph.

Now, many people have called Hoagland a fringe thinker and a conspiracy theorist. And they may be right... But that doesn't mean he isn't on to something.

EPA finds high concentrations of gases in the area

The escape of other poison gases associated with an underground methane bubble (such as hydrogen sulfide, benzene, and methylene chloride) have been found.

Last Thursday, the EPA measured hydrogen sulfide at 1,000 parts per billion — well above the normal 5 to 10 ppb. Some benzene levels were measured near the Gulf of Mexico in the range of 3,000 – 4,000 ppb — up from the normal 0-4 ppb.

More speculation of doom

The Oil Drum , an industry sheet, recently ran an article about the sequence of events that tried to stop the oil spill.

The upshot of industry insiders was that after trying a number of ways to close off the leak, the well was compromised, creating other leaks due to the high pressure. BP then cut the well open and tried to capture the oil.

In other words: BP shifted from stopping the gusher to opening it up and catching what oil it could.

The only reason sane oil men would do this is if they wanted to relieve pressure at the leak hidden down below the seabed... And that sort of leak — known as a “down hole” leak — is one of the most dangerous kind.

No stopping it

It means that BP can't stop if from above; it can only relieve the pressure.

So, more oil is leaking out while BP hopes it can drill new wells before the current one completely erodes.

BP is in a race against time... It just won't admit this fact.

According to the Oil Drum:

There are abrasives still present, a swirling flow will create hot spots of wear and this erosion is relentless and will always be present until eventually it wears away enough material to break it's way out. It will slowly eat the bop away especially at the now pinched off riser head and it will flow more and more. Perhaps BP can outrun or keep up with that out flow with various suckage methods for a period of time, but eventually the well will win that race, just how long that race will be?

... No one really knows...

Which leads us back to Mr. Landau's point about the mudlogs and why BP won't release them.

I don't know... Maybe I'm wearing my tinfoil hat too tight this morning... But this stuff seems possible — if it's only a worst case scenario.

What strikes me as odd is the way the leadership of BP and the Obama administration is acting.

BP is running around apologizing to everyone they can find. Obama says give us $20 billion in escrow and $100 million for the people Obama put out of work on the oil rigs due to his six month ban — and BP says, "Sure thing mate, no problem."

And all of this in a 20-minute meeting?

I've been dealing with oil companies for a long time and it just doesn't add up...

Contrast it, for instance, with the Exxon situation in Alaska or the Union Carbide disaster in India.

Exxon fought tooth and nail for its shareholders; it appealed court rulings for 19 years. Union Carbide wasn't settled for 25 years.

BP is rolling over like a simpering dog. Why?

The only reason I can think of is that the company knows — better if not as well as the Obama administration does — that it will get worse.

Much worse.

I've put together a list of oil cleanup stocks for the readers of my Crisis & Opportunity . Many are running, and one has pulled back into a solid buy range. Three more are on my buy list.

All I know is that this spill isn't even half over.

Oil in the Gulf will lead the news-cycle for the foreseeable future.

And the companies that make products that stop, absorb, or disperse oil have an endless supply of work.

Their share prices have nowhere to go but up.

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151655
06/24/2010 03:19 AM
06/24/2010 03:19 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Cracks Show BP Was Battling Gulf Well as Early as February

By Alison Fitzgerald and Joe Carroll - Jun 17, 2010
Transocean Ltd.

BP Plc was struggling to seal cracks in its Macondo well as far back as February, more than two months before an explosion killed 11 and spewed oil into the Gulf of Mexico.

It took 10 days to plug the first cracks, according to reports BP filed with the Minerals Management Service that were later delivered to congressional investigators. Cracks in the surrounding rock continued to complicate the drilling operation during the ensuing weeks. Left unsealed, they can allow explosive natural gas to rush up the shaft.

“Once they realized they had oil down there, all the decisions they made were designed to get that oil at the lowest cost,” said Peter Galvin of the Center for Biological Diversity, which has been working with congressional investigators probing the disaster. “It’s been a doomed voyage from the beginning.”

BP didn’t respond to calls and e-mails seeking comment. The company’s shares rose 22 pence to 359 pence today in London after the company struck a deal with the Obama administration yesterday to establish a $20 billion fund to pay cleanup costs and compensation. BP has lost 45 percent of its market value since the catastrophe.

On Feb. 13, BP told the minerals service it was trying to seal cracks in the well about 40 miles (64 kilometers) off the Louisiana coast, drilling documents obtained by Bloomberg show. Investigators are still trying to determine whether the fissures played a role in the disaster.

‘Cement Squeeze’

The company attempted a “cement squeeze,” which involves pumping cement to seal the fissures, according to a well activity report. Over the following week the company made repeated attempts to plug cracks that were draining expensive drilling fluid, known as “mud,” into the surrounding rocks.

BP used three different substances to plug the holes before succeeding, the documents show.

“Most of the time you do a squeeze and then let it dry and you’re done,” said John Wang, an assistant professor of petroleum and natural gas engineering at Penn State in University Park, Pennsylvania. “It dries within a few hours.”

Repeated squeeze attempts are unusual and may indicate rig workers are using the wrong kind of cement, Wang said.

Grappling Engineers

BP Chief Executive Officer Tony Hayward and other top executives were ignorant of the difficulties the company’s engineers were grappling with in the well before the explosion, U.S. Representative Henry Waxman, chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, said today during a hearing in Washington.

“We could find no evidence that you paid any attention to the tremendous risk BP was taking,” Waxman said as Hayward waited to testify. “There is not a single e-mail or document that you paid the slightest attention to the dangers at this well.”

BP Chief Operating Officer Doug Suttles and exploration chief Andy Inglis “were apparently oblivious to what was happening,” said Waxman, a California Democrat. “BP’s corporate complacency is astonishing.”

In early March, BP told the minerals agency the company was having trouble maintaining control of surging natural gas, according to e-mails released May 30 by the House Energy and Commerce Committee, which is investigating the spill.

Gas Surges

While gas surges are common in oil drilling, companies have abandoned wells if they determine the risk is too high. When a Gulf well known as Blackbeard threatened to blow out in 2006, Exxon Mobil Corp. shut the project down.

“We don’t proceed if we cannot do so safely,” Exxon Chief Executive Officer Rex Tillerson told a House Energy and Commerce committee panel on June 15.

On March 10, BP executive Scherie Douglas e-mailed Frank Patton, the mineral service’s drilling engineer for the New Orleans district, telling him: “We’re in the midst of a well control situation.”

The incident was a “showstopper,” said Robert Bea, an engineering professor at the University of California, Berkeley, who has consulted with the Interior Department on offshore drilling safety. “They damn near blew up the rig.”

To contact the reporters on this story: Alison Fitzgerald in Washington at afitzgerald2@bloomberg.net; Joe Carroll in Washington at jcarroll8@bloomberg.net

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151656
06/24/2010 08:59 AM
06/24/2010 08:59 AM
C
coydog Offline
coydog  Offline
C
Originally posted by ConSigCor:
We have no need to be play the blame game. There is plenty of blame to go around.

All corporations, including BP, are more concerned with the bottom line than anything else. They will pinch a dollar to save a penny. They will cut corners any way they can to maximize their profits.

However, this does not mean BP deliberately caused this blow out to happen. No business will deliberately sabotage their own operation. They wanted to sell the oil for a profit not watch millions of dollars float away with the tide. No business wants to throw away billions of dollars in lost equipment and revenue, nor pay billions in fines, damages, etc.

If this blowout had occurred on land or in shallow water it would be much easier to contain and control. So Why was BP pushing the limits of technology by drilling so far out and deep? Because the environmentalists and the government will not allow the oil companies to drill close to shore or on many of the land based oil fields.

That same government also refuses to allow state governors to take necessary measures to mitigate the problem until they do an "environmental impact study". And, while this inept government drags it's feet and stonewalls measures that could have been taken immediately, the oil IS making a major impact on the environment and the economy.

Some will say that oil has been leaking to the surface for millions of years and that the amount released so far is a drop in the bucket of a very big ocean. While that may be true; it is a major problem when it adversely impacts one third of our domestic oil production, one third of our domestic sea food production, causes the loss of thousands of jobs, and the loss of millions of dollars in local business revenue. Factor in the adverse effects to the regions environment and the health of the local population and you have a disaster that will last for years.

And then we have BP who so far has been unable to stop the blowout and may never be able to contain it and a government that is so inept that it's done nothing but get it the way and point fingers at everyone but itself; and you have a disaster that may last decades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRl6-o8CpXA&feature=player_embedded
Because the environmentalists and the government will not allow the oil companies to drill close to shore or on many of the land based oil fields. Bingo

Some will say that oil has been leaking to the surface for millions of years and that the amount released so far is a drop in the bucket of a very big ocean. While that may be true; it is a major problem when it adversely impacts one third of our domestic oil production, one third of our domestic sea food production, causes the loss of thousands of jobs, and the loss of millions of dollars in local business revenue. Very true a drop in the bucket over time but not all at once. I would add if it is stopped and then we get an active gulf hurricane season it may be a blessing and not doom and gloom. But that is if it is stopped.

"State a moral case to a ploughman & a professor. The former will decide it as well, & often better than the latter,
because he has not been led astray by artificial rules."
Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151657
06/25/2010 09:35 AM
06/25/2010 09:35 AM
43/18
McMedic Offline
McMedic  Offline
43/18
And now we have a storm in the Caribbean that may make its way into the GOM. Water temp in the GOM is at record highs for the month of June. It is staggering to contemplate the damage that will result from the storm surge pushing water and oil inland. Not to mention the contaminants that will be lifted into the atmosphere and deposited over a large portion of the Southern US by a hurricane.

Me and mine are preparing for the worst.

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151658
06/28/2010 06:04 PM
06/28/2010 06:04 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline
ConSigCor  Offline
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
EPA opening public “Decontamination Stations”; 400 people seek medical care after visiting Florida beach

By oilflorida, on June 27th, 2010

Oil spill: Is Gulf safe for swimming?, Pensacola News Journal, June 26, 2010:

The Escambia County Health Department lifted a health advisory on Pensacola Beach on Friday on the advice of a beach official and against the advice of a federal environmental official. …

Meanwhile, the Environmental Protection Agency plans to put decontamination stations along the beach, possibly as early as this weekend. …

Dr. John Lanza, director of Escambia County Health Department, said the reason for leaving the decision up to beachgoers on whether to swim is because the oil situation on the beach is “very dynamic.”

“We have a situation that changes from one hour to the next, from one tide to the next, from wave to wave, from one wind direction to another,” he said. …

[T]he impact advisory would warn beachgoers to avoid touching oily product on the beach and in the water, and it would advise them leaving the beach and seeking medical help if they experience respiratory problems.

So far, 400 people have sought medical care for upper or lower respiratory problems, headaches, nausea, and eye irritation after trips to Escambia County beaches, Lanza said. …

[O]il chips, tar balls and submerged oil slicks and the odor of petroleum still were present.

And people complained about getting a petroleum jelly-like substance on them from sand that was tainted brown.

Swimmers who did venture into the water questioned whether it was really safe to wade, swim and play in the Gulf, especially when they had to walk through a line of tar balls and stay clear of skimmers scooping up oil just 25 and 50 feet from the shore.

“I only went into the water up to my ankles. That’s as far as I wanted to go,” said Joe Chambers, 28, of West Pensacola as he scrubbed off oily residue from himself and his son, Ethan, 4, in the public showers at Casino Beach. “It doesn’t smell like the beach. It smells like a gas station. There are no fish in the water. There’s nothing alive in the water. I don’t know how public officials can just look at the water and make a call to reopen it for swimming.”

Carol Doster of Grand Isle, Miss., said her son Dallas, 12, was frightened by the oil that streaked his legs and arms after a five-minute swim in the Gulf on Friday. “It won’t rub off,” Doster said. …

Lanza said the health department did not test the water or sand samples before lifting the health advisory. He did send out health department employees to look at the water before they covered up the health advisory signs.

Re: The Gulf Oil Volcano Worsens-It's Going Global #151659
07/01/2010 10:04 AM
07/01/2010 10:04 AM
somewhere-where am I?
J
J. Croft Offline OP
J. Croft  Offline OP
J
somewhere-where am I?

Be your own leader

Page 1 of 2 1 2

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.