04/08/2011 03:04 PM
04/08/2011 03:04 PM
Texas
S
shawri Offline
shawri  Offline
S
Texas
Wonderful article. However, just reading it, got me wondering. According to the article people involved in national security are going to get paid, but our military isn't. I could've sworn that's what the military did, but maybe I'm wrong...

upping my meds and digging deeper every day!!
Re: U.N. Authorizes Military Action in Libya #152722
04/08/2011 03:13 PM
04/08/2011 03:13 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
Now president Obama is warning Syria about violence against protesters. Here is his statement, as provided by the White House :

I strongly condemn the abhorrent violence committed against peaceful protesters by the Syrian government today and over the past few weeks. I also condemn any use of violence by protesters.

The United States extends our condolences to the families and loved ones of all the victims. I call upon the Syrian authorities to refrain from any further violence against peaceful protestors.

Furthermore, the arbitrary arrests, detention and torture of prisoners that has been reported must end now, and the free flow of information must be permitted so that there can be independent verification of events on the ground.

Throughout this time of upheaval, the American people have heard the voices of the Syrian people, who have demonstrated extraordinary courage and dignity, and who deserve a government that is responsive to their aspirations.

Syrians have called for the freedoms that individuals around the world should enjoy: freedom of expression, association, and peaceful assembly; confidence in the rule of law and the equal administration of justice; and a government that is transparent and free of corruption. These rights are universal, and they must be respected in Syria.

Until now, the Syrian government has not addressed the legitimate aspirations of the Syrian people. Violence and detention are not the answer to the grievances of the Syrian people. It is time for the Syrian government to stop repressing its citizens and to listen to the voices of the Syrian people calling for meaningful political and economic reforms.
Um, speaking of "economic reforms..."

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: U.N. Authorizes Military Action in Libya #152723
04/10/2011 08:38 AM
04/10/2011 08:38 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
If you're going towage war, don't do it half-hartedly, on the cheap, and by committee. It doesn\'t work. Of all of President Obama's failures, this could go down as his worst.

The attack, which began on Saturday, included a fierce artillery and rocket bombardment while some of Gaddafi's forces, including snipers, penetrated Ajdabiyah.

Rebels had for several hours cowered in alleyways in the town, which is gateway to their stronghold of Benghazi 150 km (90 miles) up the Mediterranean coast to the north.

The corpses of four rebels were found dumped on a roadside.

"Their throats were slit. They were all shot a few times in the chest as well. I just could not stop crying when I saw them," said rebel Muhammad Saad. "This is becoming tougher and tougher."
I know quite a bit about wars that are waged in futile. And I know quite a bit about fighting a war where the side we're helping is just as corrupt as the side we're fighting. Vietnam really wasn't all that long ago. You would think we'd have learned our lesson.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: U.N. Authorizes Military Action in Libya #152724
04/11/2011 01:23 PM
04/11/2011 01:23 PM
A 105-11FF Somewhere in the C...
C
coydog Offline
coydog  Offline
C
Vietnam really wasn't all that long ago. You would think we'd have learned our lesson.
The average American attention span doesn't go back more then 6 months and I may be a bit optimistic about 6 months.

"State a moral case to a ploughman & a professor. The former will decide it as well, & often better than the latter,
because he has not been led astray by artificial rules."
Re: U.N. Authorizes Military Action in Libya #152725
04/11/2011 06:16 PM
04/11/2011 06:16 PM
Eastern NC
HARBINGER Offline
HARBINGER  Offline
Eastern NC
Come on coydog it at least goes back to last seasons American Idol.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm, CXLIV
Re: U.N. Authorizes Military Action in Libya #152726
04/12/2011 03:05 AM
04/12/2011 03:05 AM
C
coydog Offline
coydog  Offline
C
What were we talking about? laugh

"State a moral case to a ploughman & a professor. The former will decide it as well, & often better than the latter,
because he has not been led astray by artificial rules."
Re: U.N. Authorizes Military Action in Libya #152727
04/15/2011 12:30 PM
04/15/2011 12:30 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Have the U.S. and NATO given up on Libya? It sure looks like it.

While Washington has been consumed by the battle of the budget, the people running the real war in Libya seem to have given up hope of using American and NATO firepower to drive Moammar Gadhafi from power.

"There is no military solution to this conflict," NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said this week. "We need a political solution, and it's up to the Libyan people to come up with one."

"There will not be a military solution to the problem," said French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe.

"We will not see a military solution in Libya," said German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle.

All agree, as does President Obama, that there is no good future for Libya without Gadhafi's departure. Yet it appears Gadhafi's chances of hanging on to power have improved markedly since NATO took over military operations from the U.S.-led Operation Odyssey Dawn. Under NATO's Operation Unified Protector, Gadhafi has turned a situation in which the end of his rule seemed imminent into one in which he might well remain in control of at least part of Libya....
Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: U.N. Authorizes Military Action in Libya #152728
04/19/2011 10:50 AM
04/19/2011 10:50 AM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
The Bush and Obama administrations have been secretly funding the Syrian opposition for years. So are we now morally obligated to help them, now that Assad's "security forces" (government thugs) are killing them?

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: U.N. Authorizes Military Action in Libya #152729
08/25/2011 12:05 PM
08/25/2011 12:05 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
On the other hand, if he fancied th... of State, it would be downright creepy.

One of Khadafy's photo albums of former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice.

[Linked Image]

Onward and upward,
airforce

Page 2 of 2 1 2

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.