07/11/2011 02:13 PM
07/11/2011 02:13 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content OP
Administrator
airforce  Online Content OP
Administrator
Tulsa
If he's looking for an excuse to start another war, he has one now . The mob then apparently attacked the residence of the U.S. ambassador .

That sure was "smart diplomacy," sending an ambassador back to Syria. :rolleyes:

Considering how unpopular and unproductive the bombing campaign in Libya is turning out to be, I doubt President Obama is going to use this as an excuse to start bombing, hoping to distract us yet again from our financial woes. But, you never know. A desperate man does desperate things.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Will Obama Bomb Syria? #153117
07/11/2011 02:50 PM
07/11/2011 02:50 PM
Trapped in Rhode Island
L
Lord Vader Offline
Lord Vader  Offline
L
Trapped in Rhode Island
Originally posted by airforce:
If he's looking for an excuse to start another war, he has one now. The mob then apparently attacked the residence of the U.S. ambassador.

That sure was "smart diplomacy," sending an ambassador back to Syria. :rolleyes:

Considering how unpopular and unproductive the bombing campaign in Libya is turning out to be, I doubt President Obama is going to use this as an excuse to start bombing, hoping to distract us yet again from our financial woes. But, you never know. A desperate man does desperate things.

Onward and upward,
airforce
You are absolutely right about that, if the Usurper wanted an excuse he sure has one, attacking the Embassy is an act of war.

Now as to will he or won't he I guess that depends on what he believes his chances of winning in 2012 are if he bombs vs if he doesn't bomb.

What I want to know is where were the Marines while the Embassy was being attacked.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Re: Will Obama Bomb Syria? #153118
07/11/2011 03:17 PM
07/11/2011 03:17 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally posted by Sniper_762X51:
What I want to know is where were the Marines while the Embassy was being attacked.
We're not being told, so I imagine that information is most likely classified. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that they had evacuated the American embassy and taken temporary refuge at another embassy.

This would not be unprecedented. In Tehran in 1979, about a half dozen people were away from the American embassy when "students" took it over and took hostages. They took refuge in the Canadian embassy, who eventually smuggled them out with false Canadian passports.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Will Obama Bomb Syria? #153119
07/11/2011 03:42 PM
07/11/2011 03:42 PM
Tulsa
Administrator
Administrator
Tulsa
Marines repel attack on U.S. embassy. Well, that answers that question.

The United States on Monday formally protested an attack on the U.S. embassy and the American ambassador’s residence in Syria and said it will seek compensation for damage caused when a mob of what it described as about 300 “thugs” breached the wall of the embassy compound before being dispersed by Marine guards.

The State Department condemned the assaults and said it planned to summon a senior Syrian diplomat to register its complaints in person. Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland demanded that Syria uphold international treaty obligations to protect foreign diplomatic missions. She said the Syrian government failed to provide adequate protection for the facilities.

“We consider that the Syrian government has not lived up to its obligations ... to protect diplomatic facilities and it is absolutely outrageous,” she told reporters.

She said the mob had not breached the chancery building but had gotten onto its roof, spray painted graffiti, and broke windows and some security cameras. In addition, she said protesters lobbed fruits and vegetables at the compound.

Nuland said that Syrian security forces who are supposed to guard the mission were slow to respond to the attack by supporters of President Bashar Assad, which she said was incited by a television station that is heavily influenced by Syrian authorities.

There were no injuries reported to embassy personnel, who are all accounted for, officials said....
So, if you renounce your nuclear arms program, renounce terrorism, don't threaten the United States in any, but might murder your own citizens, we'll bomb you.

On the other hand, if you actively support terrorist killing American in Iraq, actually murder your own citizens, and attack the U.S. embassy, we'll register a complaint with one of your senior diplomats.

Obviously, more of that "smart diplomacy." :rolleyes:

Onward and upward,
airforce

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.