Remember, back in 2007 and 2008, when candidate Obama was decrying our involvement in "dumb wars?" Well, here is Obama explaining our involvement in Syria, in an interview in 60 Minutes[/b]. I'll spare you the pain: He managed to say nothing at all in an hour. It really just sounded like he was trying to run out the clock.

Here's a snippet:

Steve Kroft: I want to talk about the—this program, because it would seem to show, I mean, if you expect 5,000 and you get five, it shows that somebody someplace along the line did not—made—you know, some sort of a serious miscalculation.

President Barack Obama: You know, the—the—Steve, let me just say this.

Steve Kroft: It's an embarrassment.

President Barack Obama: Look, there's no doubt that it did not work. And, one of the challenges that I've had throughout this heartbreaking situation inside of Syria is, is that—you'll have people insist that, you know, all you have to do is send in a few—you know, truckloads full of arms and people are ready to fight. And then, when you start a train-and-equip program and it doesn't work, then people say, "Well, why didn't it work?" Or, "If it had just started three months earlier it would've worked."

Steve Kroft: But you said yourself you never believed in this.

President Barack Obama: Well—but Steve, what I have also said is, is that [b]surprisingly enough it turns out that in a situation that is as volatile and with as many players as there are inside of Syria, there aren't any silver bullets.
"Surprisingly?" What the heck have I been saying for a couple years now? And I don't even make nearly as much money as he does, nor do I have as many "advisers" as he does!

Onward and upward,
airforce