Print Thread
700 Quakes Hit California #170593
06/11/2019 10:55 AM
06/11/2019 10:55 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Online content OP
ConSigCor  Online Content OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
700 Quakes Hit A Key California Seismic Zone, And Tar Is Literally Bubbling Up Through The Streets Of Los Angeles

Michael Snyder
June 11th, 2019
The Economic Collapse Blog

Scientists are quite “concerned” about the huge earthquake swarm that has been shaking southern California in recent weeks, and right at this moment bubbling tar is literally coming up through the streets in one section of Los Angeles. None of this means that a major seismic event is imminent, but it is certainly not a good sign either.

We have been tracking quite a bit of unusual shaking along the Ring of Fire in recent months, and scientists assure us that it is just a matter of time before “the Big One” hits southern California. And if you follow my work on a regular basis, then you already know that I am extremely concerned about the potential for major seismic activity along the west coast. So when I came across a San Diego Union-Tribune article entitled “Southern California earthquake swarm takes an unexpected turn, and that’s reason to worry”, it definitely got my attention. According to that article, there have been “more than 700 earthquakes” in the Fontana seismic zone over the past few weeks…

There have been more than 700 earthquakes recorded in the Fontana area since May 25, ranging from magnitude 0.7 to magnitude 3.2, recorded Wednesday at 5:20 p.m., according to Caltech staff seismologist Jen Andrews.

That is certainly a lot of earthquakes, but is this sort of activity unusual?

Well, according to one scientist, this is the “most prolific swarm” to hit that area “in the past three decades”…

The likelihood of a larger seismic event, given so many quakes over such an extended period, is higher than normal, the scientist said.

“People ought to be concerned,” said Hauksson. “This is probably the most prolific swarm in that area of the Fontana seismic zone that we’ve seen in the past three decades.”

Once again, I want to stress that all of this activity does not mean that a major earthquake is about to happen.

But one day it is coming. In fact, scientists have told us that one day the entire San Andreas fault could “could unzip all at once”. And when that day finally arrives, there might not be any warning at all.

If you live in California, you should be prepared for earthquakes to occur at all times, and that means taking some reasonable precautions…

In any home in seismically risky areas of California, experts recommend removing heavy objects around beds, strapping bookcases and dressers to walls, anchoring flat-screen televisions to walls, installing toddler safety latches on kitchen cabinets, and ensuring frames are attached to walls with quake-friendly hooks.

Hopefully, there will not be a major quake any time soon, but over the past few days, another ominous sign has made the news.

According to one local news report, “bubbling tar” is actually coming up through the streets near the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles…

And on Saturday, more seepage. Enough to draw the interests of tourists and residents alike.

CBS2’s Jake Reiner said tourists and residents alike have been coming to the area marveling at the bubbling tar.

Once again, this might be nothing.

But one local resident admitted that he had “never seen this before”, and apparently the smell of methane is very potent…

“You see a little bit of tar oozing up between the pavement,” Kogan says, “all over the neighborhood. That’s not unusual but this seems to be flow tar. I’ve never seen this before.”

Not to mention the constant hissing sound coming from the ground — it’s methane.

“I can smell it. I thought a car broke its oil pan out here,” says Patrick Myer.

I don’t know about you, but if you can literally hear methane coming out of the ground and bubbling tar is starting to come up through the streets, perhaps that is a sign that it is time to consider moving somewhere else.

But of course, the truth is that our entire planet is becoming increasingly unstable. On Monday, a magnitude 4.0 earthquake struck near Cleveland. The following comes from CNN…

A preliminary magnitude-4.0 earthquake was reported Monday about 20 miles northeast of Cleveland, in or around Lake Erie, the US Geological Survey said.

The earthquake, measuring 3.1 miles in depth, was reported just before 11 a.m. local time north-northwest of the city of Eastlake.

“Did you feel that rumble this morning Cleveland? Well if you missed it, we caught this morning’s earthquake on multiple #OHGO cameras. Check it out! #Clevelandreallyrocks,” the Ohio Department of Transportation tweeted, along with a collection of traffic videos showing the moment the quake hit.

And of course Cleveland is not very far from the New Madrid fault zone that I have been writing articles about again and again.

On the other side of the world, a huge volcano in Indonesia also erupted on Monday…

A huge column of ash was blasted almost five miles into the sky above the Indonesian island of Sumatra after an active volcano erupted.

Mount Sinabung blew for nine minutes on Sunday, causing panic among the island’s residents.

Indonesian officials warned that further volcanic activity was possible, although the volanco’s alert level remained unchanged.

Major seismic events are happening so frequently now that it is really hard to keep up with them all.

But it is very important not to become numb to what is happening. Something strange really is happening to our planet, and many believe that it is going to get a lot worse.

As for California, scientists keep telling us that “the Big One” is way overdue, and when it finally arrives it could be a history-altering event.

According to one team of scientists, an extremely large earthquake could potentially “plunge large parts of California into the sea almost instantly”. Such an event would be far worse than anything that any Hollywood earthquake movie ever envisioned, and let us pray that nothing like that happens any time soon.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: 700 Quakes Hit California [Re: ConSigCor] #170601
06/12/2019 12:41 PM
06/12/2019 12:41 PM
Tennessee
Hawk45 Offline
Moderator Officer Contributor
Hawk45  Offline
Moderator Officer Contributor
Tennessee
Good start. Now it just needs to fall off into the ocean...............NOW!

Can we all tell I was not impressed by the state when I was forced to live there? Land of the whispering bushes saying, "Hey sailor". That caused me to hurt my hands a few times. Cops take a dim view out there of straight folks beating faggots when the fags offends the straight folk.

Re: 700 Quakes Hit California [Re: ConSigCor] #170659
06/20/2019 01:03 PM
06/20/2019 01:03 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

1,000 Earthquakes In 3 Weeks? Oh Yeah, Those Living Near The San Andreas Fault Definitely Have Reason To Be Concerned

A flurry of more than 1,000 small earthquakes has rattled Southern California over the past three weeks

By Michael Snyder | End of The American Dream Thursday, June 20, 2019

In a key seismic zone approximately 40 miles east of downtown Los Angeles, there have been more than 1,000 earthquakes since May 25th.

Needless to say, it would be quite alarming for the entire state of California to experience more than 1,000 significant earthquakes in just 3 weeks, but in this case we are talking about an area that is “less than a square mile” in size. And what makes this even more concerning is that all of these earthquakes are happening in a location that is very close to the San Andreas Fault. Could it be possible that the San Andreas Fault is about to wake up in a major way? I don’t know about you, but if I was living in southern California right now I would find this sort of news to be extremely unsettling

A flurry of more than 1,000 small earthquakes has rattled Southern California over the past three weeks.

The quakes have occurred in an area covering less than a square mile in San Bernardino and Riverside counties roughly 40 miles east of downtown Los Angeles.

The United States Geological Survey map depicting the uptick in seismic activity shows a thick collection of dots, a rather unsettling sight.

Of course it is perfectly normal for California to experience earthquakes. They happen on a daily basis, and normally they aren’t anything to be too concerned about.

But to have this many earthquakes concentrated in an extremely limited area is definitely unusual. According to USGS science advisor Ken Hudnut, this current earthquake swarm is “a little different than what we’ve seen before”…

“In detail, if you zoom in on it and look at the pattern and how it’s evolving in time, it’s a little different than what we’ve seen before,” he says. “We get these swarms, but we don’t see exact repeats. Obviously, it’s very disruptive to the people who are feeling these earthquakes. We’re watching this activity closely.”

Normally, earthquake swarms subside after a certain period of time. But so far there are no signs that this swarm is going to end. Instead, we just keep seeing quake after quake.

That doesn’t mean that a major event is imminent, but without a doubt there are good reasons to be concerned about what is happening. As geophysicist Andrea Llenos recently explained, every small earthquake increases the likelihood that there will be more seismic activity, and she stressed that we “do know a big earthquake is going to happen” someday…

But “any time you have an increase in the number of small earthquakes,” according to Andrea Llenos, a research geophysicist with the US Geological Survey, “you’re likely to increase the likelihood of a slightly larger earthquake happening.”

“I would redefine normal as: You should still be prepared for a large earthquake,” Llenos told the paper. “We do know a big earthquake is going to happen.”

Californians have been hearing that the “Big One” is going to hit the San Andreas Fault for a very long time.

We even had a major Hollywood movie starring the Rock made about such a quake, but it still hasn’t happened yet.

But one day it will. In fact, the chair of UCLA’s Civil and Environmental Engineering department insists that such a quake is “an existential threat to our economy, our ability to live here”…

“There is no fault that is more likely to break [in California] than the San Andreas Fault,” says Jonathan P. Stewart, professor and chair of UCLA’s Civil and Environmental Engineering department and an expert in earthquakes. “Small local earthquakes—the Northridge earthquake, the San Fernando earthquake—they can kill people in the dozens, they can have freeways coming down, they can affect dams, and all of that is bad,” he says. “But it doesn’t really pose an existential threat to our economy, our ability to live here.” A large earthquake on the San Andreas Fault, on the other hand, he says, could create a devastating threat to humanity, infrastructure, and the economy, with implications that extend nationally and even globally.

As ominous as that sounds, the truth is that Stewart may actually be understating the threat that Californians are facing.

A few years ago, a team of scientists conducted a major study which found that major quakes in the distant past had caused “part of the coastline south of Long Beach to drop by one-and-a-half to three feet”…

Scientists from California State University Fullerton and the United States Geological Survey found evidence the older quakes caused part of the coastline south of Long Beach to drop by one-and-a-half to three feet.

Today that could result in the area ending up at or below sea level, said Cal State Fullerton professor Matt Kirby, who worked with the paper’s lead author, graduate student Robert Leeper.

“It’s something that would happen relatively instantaneously,” Kirby said. “Probably today if it happened, you would see seawater rushing in.”

In other words, scientists are telling us that if such a quake happened today we could see areas along the California coastline go into the ocean permanently.

I don’t know how much clearer I can make it.

We have entered a time when dramatic changes are happening to our planet, and this is something that I have been writing about for a long time. And even though much of the rest of the Ring of Fire is shaking like a leaf right now, most of those living along the California coastline have been lulled into a false sense of security because there has not been a massive quake on the west coast for many, many years.

But scientists assure us that the San Andreas Fault is loaded and ready to spring at any moment, and they have also warned us that the entire fault zone “could unzip all at once”.

Let’s hope that day is delayed for as long as possible, but if the hundreds of earthquakes that have happened in recent weeks are any indication, time could be running out a lot faster than most of us had anticipated.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: 700 Quakes Hit California [Re: ConSigCor] #170795
07/06/2019 09:20 PM
07/06/2019 09:20 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

California Braces For More Quakes After 7.1 Magnitude Strikes SoCal

6.4-magnitude earthquake that struck same region Thursday just a foreshock

By Infowars.com Saturday, July 06, 2019

A powerful 7.1-magnitude earthquake struck Southern California on Friday night, eight times more powerful than the 6.4-magnitude earthquake that struck the same region outside Ridgecrest the day before.

Residents reported cracked foundations, swayed buildings, fires, water main breaks and gas leaks, resulting in 130 people staying overnight in a temporary shelter.

Though multiple injuries and fires were reported, no fatalities have occurred, according to local officials.

Tremors were felt as far as Mexico and Las Vegas, Nevada, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

California Governor Gavin Newsom declared a state of emergency to provide more resources to address the damage after thousands were left without power.

“In response to another large earthquake in Southern California tonight, I have activated the @Cal_OES state operation center to its highest level,” Newsom tweeted. “The state is coordinating mutual aid to local first responders.”

In response to another large earthquake in Southern California tonight, I have activated the @Cal_OES state operation center to its highest level. The state is coordinating mutual aid to local first responders.

— Gavin Newsom (@GavinNewsom) July 6, 2019

According to seismologists, there’s an 11% chance another earthquake at magnitude 7 or greater will strike the area within the next week.

“Every earthquake makes another earthquake more likely and that’s what we’re seeing right here,” Caltech seismologist Dr. Lucy Jones said Friday. “The first one is often not the biggest one.”

Like any quake, today’s M7.1 has a 1 in 20 of being followed by something even bigger. Smaller quakes – M5s are likely and a M6 is quite possible.

— Dr. Lucy Jones (@DrLucyJones) July 6, 2019

This comes just a day after Thursday’s 6.4-magnitude earthquake hit the same area in SoCal, which had been the largest in two decades.

Experts say aftershocks can be expected for days to weeks, with some aftershocks of +7 magnitude quakes lasting for years.

Re: 700 Quakes Hit California [Re: ConSigCor] #170797
07/06/2019 11:36 PM
07/06/2019 11:36 PM
Tulsa
airforce Offline
Administrator
airforce  Offline
Administrator
Tulsa
I happened to be watching the World Series of Poker last night what the 7.1 hit. The camera showing the cards suddenly started jumping around, the commentators were saying it seemed bigger than the Independence Day quake, but no one was running for the exits. I guess poker is just more important than earthquakes.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: 700 Quakes Hit California [Re: ConSigCor] #170897
07/15/2019 11:40 AM
07/15/2019 11:40 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

The Number Of Global Earthquakes Is 3 Times Above Normal – 6.1, 6.6, 7.3 + Dozens More Hit The Ring Of Fire Over The Last 48 Hours

July 14, 2019 by Michael Snyder

Within the last 48 hours we have seen large earthquakes going off like firecrackers all along the Ring of Fire. As you will see below, a magnitude 6.1 quake just hit Japan, a magnitude 6.6 quake just hit Australia and a magnitude 7.3 earthquake just hit Indonesia. And of course all of this comes just about a week after southern California was hit by the two largest earthquakes that it has experienced in more than two decades. So is all of this shaking unusual? Just a few moments ago, I pulled up the most recent data from Earthquake Track, and what I discovered is more than just a little bit alarming. Looking at the entire globe, we have averaged 193 earthquakes of magnitude 1.5 or greater per day so far in 2019. That is very high, but it pales in comparison to what we have witnessed over the last week. Within the last seven days, our planet has experienced an average of more than 677 earthquakes of magnitude 1.5 or greater per day. That means that the number of global earthquakes right now is more than 3 times above normal.

And the number of very large earthquakes is at a frighteningly high level as well. According to the USGS, there have been 121 earthquakes of at least magnitude 4.5 around the world within the last seven days, and that includes the magnitude 6.1 earthquake that just hit Japan.

Incredibly, that quake in Japan brought the number of global earthquakes of magnitude 6.0 or greater that we have seen so far this year up to a grand total of 84. The following comes from the Big Wobble…

Last nights quake brings the total of major quakes (mag 6+) to 84, incredibly all but 7 of them striking the Pacific Ring Of Fire.

The last 38 major quakes this year, going back to the 3rd of May have occurred along the Pacific Ring Of Fire.

But on Sunday we had to add two more to that total.

The first actually tied the record for the largest earthquake that western Australia has ever seen…

The equal-largest earthquake recorded in Australia has hit off the Kimberley coast, shaking items off shelves and stunning local residents who had never felt a tremor before.

The 6.6 magnitude undersea quake struck at 3.39pm AEST on Sunday between Port Hedland and Broome, GeoScience Australia reported.

The second was even larger. When a magnitude 7.3 earthquake hit Indonesia on Sunday, it sparked tsunami fears and made headlines all over the globe…

A terrifying 7.3-magnitude earthquake has sparked panic after it rocked the remote Maluku islands in eastern Indonesia today.

Scared residents were seen fleeing through the streets and heading for high ground, though no tsunami warning was issued after the land-based quake struck.

None of this is “normal”. As I keep warning my readers, we have entered a time of tremendous global instability, and the U.S. is certainly not going to be exempt.

In fact, we just witnessed a magnitude 4.0 earthquake in Montana. The following comes from Ricky Scaparo…

According to reports from the USGS, A 4.0 earthquake has rattled Manhattan, Montana. This earthquake follows the string of quakes that have rattled the globe over the past few weeks producing powerful earthquakes in Southern California and rattling Seattle, Washington. We will give you more information as we receive it.

The magnitude 4.6 earthquake in Seattle that he mentioned definitely got a lot of attention when it struck very early on Friday morning. According to a USGS geophysicist, that quake was “widely felt throughout the Seattle area”…

A magnitude 4.6 earthquake shook Seattle and the Puget Sound region just before 3 a.m. Friday, according to the United States Geological Survey.

“It’s been widely felt throughout the Seattle area,” said Paul Caruso, a USGS geophysicist.

I know that California is receiving most of the attention right now, but we definitely need to keep a close eye on the Northwest, because they are definitely overdue for a “Big One” of their own and there are several volcanoes in the region that could literally go off at any time.

Meanwhile, the shaking in southern California simply will not stop. According to Cal Tech, there have been 10,303 earthquakes of all magnitudes in California and Nevada within the last seven days.

In case you are wondering, that is not “normal” either.

The magnitude 7.1 earthquake that we witnessed back on July 5th did not cause an enormous amount of damage because it happened in a very remote location.

But we should definitely not take that quake lightly, because it was extremely powerful. According to the Los Angeles Times, it actually “packed the energy of 45 nuclear bombs”…

When the magnitude 7.1 earthquake ruptured the earth in the Mojave Desert, it packed the energy of 45 nuclear bombs of the type that fell on Hiroshima.

Can you imagine if such a quake had happened in downtown Los Angeles?

And if a magnitude 9.0 earthquake were to hit southern California someday, it would be 707 times more powerful than the magnitude 7.1 earthquake that we just witnessed.

Hopefully such a quake is still a long way off, but we have witnessed renewed shaking in the region within the last 24 hours. The following comes from the Express…

California has since experienced a number of aftershocks with a seismic swarm hitting southern California in the past 24 hours.

Over the course of the last 24 hours, there have been 762 earthquakes in California, 29 earthquakes were over a magnitude of 2.5.

Unfortunately, this is not just a localized phenomenon.

As I showed at the beginning of this article, the number of global earthquakes is three times above normal right now.

Our entire planet is being greatly shaken, and many believe that what we have witnessed so far is just the beginning.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.