And we can't vote our way out of it.

I've written several articles pointing out that we can't vote our way out of this mess. When the November 2020 elections were stolen - literally, through electoral fraud - the conservative side of US politics was (rightly) furious; but they're talking in terms of winning the next election, and undoing the damage. That's not going to happen. The electoral legislation that the Democratic Party is right now ramming through Congress is designed to ensure that it alone wins elections from now on. Anyone else won't get a look-in unless the powers that be decide to throw the other side a bone or two, to satisfy those they consider dangerous or obsessive.

This has led several commenters to talk (in so many words) in terms of civil war, armed resistance, and the like. I've said on more than one occasion that I've seen it happen too often in other parts of the world, and it doesn't solve the problem. It merely compounds the misery for the survivors. However, I fear greatly that it'll be inevitable sooner or later, because those who've seized power are adamant that they'll never give it up.

Perhaps the best summary of their perspective, and the almost religious way in which the progressive left sees its mission, has been penned by The Smallest Minority in his essay "Immanentize the Eschaton!" If you haven't already read it, I highly recommend that you click over there and do so, not just once, but repeatedly. It clarifies the stakes for both sides, and provides an immense amount of food for thought. In fact, go read it before you continue with this article. It's worth your time.

Conservatives may believe that the restoration of our constitutional republic is of overriding importance (and, from a political perspective, I agree with them): but, in terms of that same constitution, the progressive Left has committed high treason. They've subverted and undermined the US political process to steal power from the legitimately elected candidate. They know that if they ever lose power, those who take the reins from them will want criminal investigation and prosecution of all those involved in that electoral fraud - and one of the penalties for high treason is death. For the left to allow the right to win would be to commit at least political, if not a very physical suicide. This they will never do voluntarily.

That's why I get very tired and cynical when I hear conservative and/or right-wing politicians talk about "taking back the House" or "taking back the Senate" or "taking back the Presidency". The "deep State" that facilitated last November's electoral fraud is going to make sure that even if one or more of those institutions changes hands, it will be so emasculated and hamstrung and controlled that it will be effectively meaningless. We've seen far too many RINO's - Republicans In Name Only - who've abandoned their allegedly conservative principles and voted in lockstep with the progressive left on important issues. What makes you think there won't be even more of them in future? There'll be "Trojan Horse" candidates whom the Republican Party lets into its ranks, only to find they're traitors when push comes to shove - and that's only one way in which our political process will be manipulated.

TINVOWOOT. There Is No Voting Our Way Out Of This.

The first step is for us to hold individuals accountable for their deeds. That means we have to watch like hawks, to identify the real "powers that be" behind the electoral facade. We know that former President Obama and his "Organizing for America" are in this up to their necks. The White House and the Presidential administration are staffed with Obama loyalists and their cronies. However, Obama isn't the kingpin behind this. He's just a figurehead himself. We'll need to look much, much deeper than that. We'll also have to identify every member of the executive branch, in any and every department, who either stood by and did nothing to stop the progressive left take-over, or who actively aided, encouraged and participated in it. They've got to go, just as much as the politicians - and they're just as determined, if not more so, to protect themselves.

This will almost certainly "turn kinetic" in due course. The progressive left knows what awaits them if they fail; so they'll embrace violence, and subvert the justice system to serve their interests in order to jail or "disappear" their opponents, rather than allow that to happen. The conservative right knows that'll be their tactic; so they'll adopt a more robust defense of themselves and their positions, up to and including physical resistance to oppression.

I expect a lot of this to play out in the so-called "Red states", where state governments will seek to pass laws restricting federal agencies from unrestricted operations in their state. The central government will, of course, retaliate, and will have the force of federal law on its side. Irresistible force, meet immovable object.

However, much will come down to the individual level. If local officials seek to enforce a progressive left-wing edict, they'll have to be resisted by locals who refuse to allow tyranny to rule over them. Based on my experience in the Third World, I have little doubt that'll turn physical in short order. When officials know that enforcing an unpopular law or dictatorial edict might get them shot or burned out of their homes, they'll be a lot more circumspect in doing so. No matter how much I hate it, that's the reality of the matter. I've seen it in several countries so far, and I see no reason why it won't come to our shores before long.

So, when you talk politics in the USA today, bear in mind that it's not just politics. It's a conflict for survival. If we all come to our senses and seek mutual accommodation, that can be mutual survival . . . but that's no longer likely. The progressive left has gone all-in on seizing and maintaining control, at any cost. They're maintaining a puppet President in power, a man mentally incompetent to and incapable of exercising that office, because they can manipulate him to achieve their ends. They've shut off the capital city of our nation from its people, and are protecting themselves and their institutions behind barbed wire and military guards, to keep the people out and keep themselves in power. Those realities alone should illustrate that they're not going to give up, and they're not going to go away.

There Is No Voting Our Way Out Of This.

Our Founding Fathers had an answer for that. I fear we may have to follow their example.

As NC Renegade summarizes it:

It’s sad what we have allowed to happen to our country. There is only one way to defeat communism, and yes we are now a communist nation, heck I think the Russians have more freedom than us at this point, but we are going to have to fight. This is going to be an elimination event. They hate us and everything we stand for. They want us dead and wiped from history. Personally I hope we get to write the History Books when this is over. Right now it seems all we can do is prepare, but sooner or later someone, some group, somewhere is going to have nothing left to lose soon and then that tiny event, that catalyst, will set this whole thing off.

I fear greatly that he's right. My personal experience persuades me that he probably is.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Last edited by airforce; 03/06/2021 10:02 PM.