Power grid attacks reported across nation, i #179233
12/09/2022 02:27 PM
12/09/2022 02:27 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

Power grid attacks reported across nation, including Washington

SEATTLE — The recent power substation attacks in North Carolina put thousands of customers in the dark recently.

Many are just now getting their power back on. Currently, law enforcement believes these attacks were intentional.

“It’s not just an inconvenience for preventing me from streaming my favorite show, you know. What’s it doing to that person that is on a dialysis machine? I mean, it could be life-threatening,” FBI spokesperson Steve Bernd said.

But North Carolina isn’t the only state dealing with substation attacks. In a recent memo sent out by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, there were reports of other physical attacks at substations in parts of Oregon and here in Washington.

In a statement, Puget Sound Energy confirmed two separate incidents at substations in November.

“We are aware of recent threats on power systems across the country and take these very seriously.

We are monitoring our infrastructure and can confirm we have had two incidents occur in late November at two different substations.

We can’t comment on the incidents because they are both an on-going investigation involving the FBI.”

Bernd told KIRO 7 that the FBI cannot directly comment on active investigations, but said this sort of attack is a serious matter.

“It’s something we want the public to remain vigilant to. It’s vastly important to everyone involved that our infrastructure is protected,” Bernd said.

Companies throughout Puget Sound emphasized the importance of strong security. Seattle City Light, which has over 450,000 residential customers, tells KIRO 7 every employee is trained on proper security protocol.

“That is very much ingrained into what everyone here at Seattle City Light does. Even myself who works in an office building, I have a security protocol that I have to follow,” said Seattle City Light media relations manager, Jenn Strang.

Strang said Seattle City Light works with a private security company when it comes to watching its substations. She also said Seattle City Light is constantly communicating with DHS and other agencies.

“We are constantly receiving alerts from the Department of Homeland Security and what we call NERC, which is the North American Electric Reliability Corporation, which is part of the electrical grid system for the nation,” Strang said.

But those who live near substations in town, like Casey Evans, believe security can improve — especially since Evans said there have been some dicey situations outside the substation off Denny Way before.

“That was actually shattered, the one with the patch on it. That was shattered from the gunshots for probably about eight months before they actually decided to fix it,” Evans said.

He hopes that after the recent attacks across the nation, power companies will keep their word and keep the grid running.

“But I know that living right next door to it, it’s an incredibly disconcerting and disheartening thing to think about,” Evans said.

“And we are making sure that our customers are safe and secure and that our grid is safe and secure,” Strang said.

Snohomish County Public Utility District declined an interview on this topic. However, it said that it had not received any recent threats or incidents at its substations. The district also stated that it has robust security, including cameras and mobile security patrols.

Anyone who sees any suspicious activity outside a substation should call 911 immediately.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Power grid attacks reported across nation, i [Re: ConSigCor] #179234
12/09/2022 02:32 PM
12/09/2022 02:32 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Portland officials say state-wide attacks on electrical substations were deliberate: SEVEN plants across America are sabotaged amid suspicion it's a right-wing protest over drag events

Two Portland electrical substations were deliberately targeted last month, officials reveal amid several other states reporting attacks
Power at the substations left residents briefly without power on Thanksgiving
The attack comes as North Carolina and Washington were also targeted
Electricity in North Carolina was restored on Thursday after the attack
FBI are probing if the grid attacks were triggered by opponents of a drag show

By Vanessa Serna For Dailymail.Com

Published: 13:23 EST, 8 December 2022 | Updated: 17:56 EST, 8 December 2022

The two attacks on Portland's electrical substations were pre-meditated, officials said, as other states are on 'high alert' after Washington and North Carolina were also targeted.

Officials in Oregon are still probing the Thanksgiving electrical attacks at Portland General Electric and Bonneville Power Administration in Clackamas County.

In total, at least seven attacks have been recorded in the US in recent weeks. In North Carolina, the FBI is currently investigating if their grid attacks were triggered by opponents of a drag show.

'We have confirmed that this was malicious intent, it was no accident,' Doug Johnson, a BPA spokesperson told KATU news.

[Linked Image]

About 106 attacks on the electrical grid in the US have been reported from January to August of this year - and there have been close to 600 since 2014, according to NBC.

BPA has increased security measures to prevent additional attacks on their system following the wave of ambushes recently.

'We actually have increased security around substations in the area just as a precaution to ratchet that up from what we typically do,' Johnson told the news outlet.

Johnson previously said the BPA is working with the FBI on the incident and has 'encouraged other utilities throughout the region to increase their vigilance and report any suspicious or similar activity to law enforcement.'

The FBI would not confirm or deny that it is investigating the attacks, though the companies said they are cooperating with a federal investigation.

As attacks across the country have been on the rise, the Department of Homeland Security has also warned about the threats to the US electric infrastructure.

As well as North Carolina and Oregon, there were ambushes to electrical infrastructures in Washington state in November.

Puget Sound Energy and two Cowlitz County Public Utility District substations were vandalized.

Gerald Tracy, the media engagement program manager at Puget Sound Energy said that he was unable to 'comment on the incidents because they are both an ongoing investigation involving the FBI.'

A federal law enforcement memo revealed that the Pacific Northwest substations have described attacks using 'handtools, arson, firearms, and metal chains possibly in response to an online call for attacks on critical infrastructure.'

'In recent attacks, criminal actors bypassed security fences by cutting the fence links, lighting nearby fires, shooting equipment from a distance or throwing objects over the fence and on to equipment,' read the memo.

Meanwhile, the FBI is investigating if the two attacks in North Carolina were linked to an electrical substation were intended to kill the power at a drag queen event.

An LGBTQ nonprofit in North Carolina had set up a drag show at the Sunrise Theater in Southern Pines on Saturday night around the same time when the electric facilities were targeted with gunfire around 7pm.

The incident led to officials declaring a state of emergency as about 32,000 southeastern residents were left without power until Thursday.

Investigators are now determining if the backlash the 18 or older show received leading up to the performance led to the targeted attack.

Organizers of the drag show revealed that right-wing activists had tried to shut down the event for weeks leading up to it. In response to the threats, extra security was hired for the Saturday event.

The number of rounds fired at the two electrical facilities hasn't been clarified. No arrests have been made.

The two damaged stations are located about 20 minutes apart of each other in West End and Carthage.

The drag show at the Sunrise Theater was cut short around 8.30pm after show throwers realized the power wouldn't come back on.

A Duke Energy spokesperson told The Washington Post that one area of the facilities experienced damage in some areas 'beyond repair.'

Power was officially restored to customers on Thursday.

On Wednesday night, Duke Energy reported that it had been made aware of yet more gunshots that occurred near the Wateree Hydro Station in Kershaw County, South Carolina.

'No individuals were harmed. There are no outages reported. There is no known property damage at this time. We are working closely with the FBI on this issue,' read the statement in part.

The US Department of Homeland Security Office of Intelligence and Analysis warned early this year that domestic extremists 'have developed credible, specific plans to attack electricity infrastructure since at least 2020.'

Though experts warn that it would be difficult to shut down a significant portion of the power grid, a the recent attack in North Carolina showcased how tough it can be for a community to make do without power for the better part of a week.

Energy experts have expressed the real need to secure the country's power grid, especially as domestic terrorist's become further emboldened to toy with the country's public utilities.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861
Re: Power grid attacks reported across nation, i [Re: ConSigCor] #179235
12/09/2022 02:36 PM
12/09/2022 02:36 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Report shows ‘intrusions’ at Duke Energy power stations in Tampa Bay, elsewhere in Florida

(NewsNation) — Just days after what officials are calling a “targeted” attack at two Duke Energy substations in North Carolina, NewsNation has obtained federal documents showing evidence of at least six other “intrusions” at Duke Energy substations in Florida.

In September, Duke Energy Florida experienced at least half a dozen “substation intrusion events,” according to an incident report obtained by NewsNation.
North Carolina attack underscores vulnerability of power grid

On Sept. 21, an intruder “forced entry” into the Zephyrhills North substation in Pasco County, manually tripping equipment that caused an outage lasting nine minutes, according to a report filed with the U.S. Department of Energy.

One day later, someone “forced entry” at Duke’s East Clearwater substation in Pinellas County, again manually tripping equipment that caused an outage lasting two minutes.

The two substations are about 50 miles apart and both incidents took place in the early morning hours between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m.

Experts say the threats to infrastructure are nothing new but appear to have become more common recently.
EXPLAINER: US power grid has long faced terror threat

“It’s definitely not a new type of threat but I think we’re seeing a level of intent to cause damage that is higher than we’ve probably seen in the past,” said Todd Keil, an associate managing director for security risk management at Kroll, who previously worked with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

The report filed by Duke Energy Florida said the two latest incidents followed four other “similar substation intrusion events,” all of which occurred in the state during the month of September.

Earlier in the month, an intruder entered Duke’s Bay Ridge substation in two separate incidents on Sept. 10 and Sept. 13. The Orange Blossom substation was targeted on Sept.18, as was the Zephyrhills substation on Sept. 21.
Federal law enforcement warned of attacks on power plants

Duke Energy issued the following statement after NewsNation asked for additional information about the incidents in Florida:

We can’t comment on any ongoing legal proceedings or investigations. However, given the nature and scale of our operations, we – alongside federal, state and local law enforcement and security officials and industry partners – are continuously assessing and evolving our measures to protect our critical infrastructure. That partnership includes helping bring anyone, who damages our system, to justice.

Duke Energy

Federal law enforcement suspects the people behind the Florida intrusions likely have inside knowledge of the grid and understand how to power down equipment without causing damage, according to a memo obtained by NewsNation.

[img]https://www.wfla.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/2022/12/map-with-bug.png?resize=876,492[/img]

“The fact that someone has potentially identified a critical substation and then has knowledge of those critical pieces of equipment inside that substation leads me to believe that they’re dealing with people who have inside knowledge,” the memo read.

Duke Energy Florida said it is actively investigating the incidents with law enforcement and has installed video surveillance equipment and posted guards at substations in the area, according to the incident report dated Sept. 22.

Re: Power grid attacks reported across nation, i [Re: ConSigCor] #179236
12/09/2022 02:38 PM
12/09/2022 02:38 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

Re: Power grid attacks reported across nation, i [Re: ConSigCor] #179240
12/10/2022 05:32 PM
12/10/2022 05:32 PM
121 Batt/21FF
cbtdoc2002 Offline
cbtdoc2002  Offline
121 Batt/21FF
Love how they say its "rightwing extremist" automatically

Last edited by cbtdoc2002; 12/10/2022 05:32 PM.

Ne Desit Virtus
Let Valor Not Fail!
Re: Power grid attacks reported across nation, i [Re: cbtdoc2002] #179241
12/10/2022 06:00 PM
12/10/2022 06:00 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Originally Posted by cbtdoc2002
Love how they say its "rightwing extremist" automatically

I noticed that too. Apparently the only evidence they have is that a drag show was scheduled at about the same time as one of the attacks. That seems like quite a stretch to me - and you don't have to be a "rightwing extremist" to be opposed to drag shows.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Power grid attacks reported across nation, i [Re: ConSigCor] #179245
12/10/2022 08:11 PM
12/10/2022 08:11 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
11 arrested for entering storm sewers, trespassing near critical infrastructure

FRIDLEY, Minn. — Eleven people were arrested Monday night after police say they traveled through storm sewers near critical infrastructure.

Officers were dispatched to the area of 45th Avenue Northeast and Main Street Northeast in Fridley shortly after 7 p.m. on a report that four people climbed into a manhole.

Police say the manhole was adjacent to a fenced commercial property with “numerous possible items of worth” inside.

An officer noted a grinding sound near the commercial lot, which they said suggested potential catalytic converter theft. Police were unsure if the individuals had used the sewer to access the fenced-in property.

While investigating the property, three people were spotted by police exiting a manhole and were taken into custody.

Officers continued to survey the area when a passerby notified them they saw several other people walking across the 44th Avenue bridge that could be related to the incident.

Fridley police contacted the Columbia Heights Police Department who then located the individuals and took the three of them into custody.

Police say the suspects had walked through the sewer all the way west to the Mississippi River, going under the BNSF Railroad and the Minneapolis Water Treatment Plant–both considered critical infrastructure. Trespassing on critical infrastructure is considered a gross misdemeanor.

Police located and took into custody another five people related to the sewer incident on the 4300 block of East River Road Northeast.

The suspects, each charged with one count of trespassing near critical public service facilities, are due for their first appearance in court Wednesday.

Search warrants issued, FBI applies to retrieve cell phone records in search of power grid attack suspects

The country was warned about terror attacks that could target U.S. infrastructure and certain groups days before shootings that knocked out Moore County's power grid, leaving tens of thousands without heat or electricity.
https://www.wral.com/gov-cooper-ann...-those-who-attacked-power-grid/20612201/

Re: Power grid attacks reported across nation, i [Re: ConSigCor] #179248
12/11/2022 03:07 PM
12/11/2022 03:07 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
What's going on? These small attacks cause little damage, but they have the potential for having a cascading effect.

What’s going on?

Years ago, I wrote a book about guerrilla warfare in the age of networks (Brave New War). Based on numerous examples, one of the book's conclusions was that sabotage had become more dangerous in a networked world: it was now systems disruption.

1. Modern life is utterly reliant on the smooth operation of complex infrastructure.

[Linked Image]

2. Due to this infrastructure's complexity, interconnectivity, and tight coupling, even small attacks can cause massive cascades of damage.

3. This leverage makes it possible for small groups or individuals to easily and safely make small attacks that generate rates of return a million times greater than the cost of the effort.

[Linked Image]

As costly as this sounds, systems disruption is only a significant crisis if these early attacks incentivize others to do the same thing. When that happens, attacks multiply. With each new disruption, others join, each new attacker with different motivations for joining in — from defeating the government to fighting oppression to making money (it can be profitable), etc. Due to the jumble of motivations involved, finding a way to resolve the situation becomes very difficult as the chaos spreads.

Occasionally, a group or an individual (acting as a vanguard) intentionally tries to ignite this maelstrom. That may be what is going on in this instance. Fortunately, the factors that would allow this likely to happen aren’t present (yet). If those factors appear in the future, I’ll let you know.

NOTE: it’s worth noting that there was a network pattern-matching effort to peg the December attack in North Carolina as a hate crime directed against a local drag show. Given the larger context, that’s unlikely but is a good demonstration of how networks frame events to fit their needs.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Power grid attacks reported across nation, i [Re: ConSigCor] #179255
12/14/2022 11:04 AM
12/14/2022 11:04 AM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Investigation Into Attacks on Power Stations Across the U.S. Continues

The attack one week ago on two substations in Moore County, N.C., resulted in the loss of power to 45,000 people and raised questions about the security of America’s power grid.

And when further attacks in North Carolina, South Carolina, Washington, and Oregon were revealed, those questions have now become urgent. Are the attacks — all involving gunfire targeting substations — unrelated pranks, or are they connected to a plot of some kind?

As outlandish as the idea of some kind of coordinated attack on our electrical grid being underway sounds, federal authorities are not dismissing anything or any theory at this point. They can’t afford to. The electric infrastructure our country depends on is critical — especially moving into the winter months when so many homes use electric heat.

Manny Cancel, CEO of the North American Electric Reliability Corp.’s Electricity Information Sharing and Analysis Center, is worried not just about the attacks but about the “threat level.”

“It’s the most complex threat landscape I’ve seen in my experience, and I’ve been in this industry for a long time,” Cancel said this week.

E&E News:

Late last month, two electric substations near the Portland, Ore., suburb of Clackamas were targeted in what utilities described as deliberate attacks. The substations are operated separately by the Bonneville Power Administration and Portland General Electric, and it’s unclear if they were attacked on the same day or if the events were connected.

The attack on the Bonneville Power Administration substation occurred in the early morning hours of Thanksgiving, during which time utility operators discovered “a cut perimeter fence and damaged equipment inside,” said spokesperson Kevin Wingert. No power outages occurred because of the event.

At a Portland General Electric substation, an incident “briefly impacted” power service for the utility’s customers, said PGE spokesperson Allison Dobscha. The FBI is investigating the attack in Moore County, N.C., and utility representatives said that’s also true with the Bonneville and PGE incidents.

In the Moore County attacks, Sheriff Ronnie Fields was quoted as saying the attackers “knew exactly what they were doing.” And a memo from the electricity provider, Bonneville Power Administration, described the attacks in detail, making it clear that this was no random prank by teenagers.

Oregon Live:

It also described recent attacks on substations in western Washington without clarifying if those were the facilities operated by Puget Sound Energy. The memo said the attacks included “setting the control houses on fire, forced entry and sabotage of intricate electrical control systems, causing short circuits by tossing chains across the overhead buswork, and ballistic attack with small caliber firearms.”

The memo said there has been a significant uptick of break-ins by intruders looking to steal copper wire or other materials, “but now we are dealing with quickly escalating incidents of sabotage. Online extremist groups across the political spectrum are not only calling for attacking these types of sites, but also spelling out in detail how to do it.”

Duke Power reported that there were six “incidents” at its Florida facilities ranging from break-ins to vandalism with no long-term loss of service. Certainly, not every incident at a substation is related to the power outages in Moore County. In fact, these kinds of unlawful entries and vandalism are quite common around the country.

What has authorities worried about is the timing of the attacks, their similarity, and their sophistication. Search warrants have been issued including warrants to search cell phones and other electronic devices. Whether it’s a fishing expedition or they have some concrete leads is unknown. But we should hope they find the answers to many of the questions being raised about these attacks soon.

Re: Power grid attacks reported across nation, i [Re: ConSigCor] #179278
12/21/2022 12:29 PM
12/21/2022 12:29 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC

Re: Power grid attacks reported across nation, i [Re: ConSigCor] #179289
12/26/2022 02:37 PM
12/26/2022 02:37 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Vandals in Pierce County, Washington, have attacked four more substations, causing 17,000 residents to lose power. It's all the fault of those nasty "right-wingers," of course.

Vandals in Pierce County, Washington, attacked four power substations on Christmas Day, causing at least 17,000 residents to lose power, KING-TV reported.

Around 5:30 a.m. on Sunday, Pierce County sheriff's deputies received a call about a break-in at a Tacoma Power Utilities substation. When authorities arrived at the scene, they observed that vandals had broken into the fenced area and damaged the equipment.

Later that morning, a second Tacoma Power Utilities substation was broken into and damaged, causing additional power outages.

At approximately 11:25 a.m., a third incident was reported at a Puget Sound Energy substation. Authorities noted that the attack occurred at 2:39 a.m., which resulted in power outages to 7,300 customers.

On Sunday evening, a second Puget Sound Energy substation was damaged. Law enforcement reported that arsonists set the substation on fire, causing another 3,000 customers to go without power on Christmas.

Pierce County Sgt. Darren Moss told KING-TV, "There's a good possibility they are related. We are going to be investigating to see if this was coordinated by a specific group or people, but at this time, all we know is that we have burglaries where the power was purposefully knocked out."

Tacoma Power distribution manager Joseph Wilson stated that the company is considering adding more security patrols near the substations, particularly around national holidays.

"There are means to harden some of these facilities, but it's a very expensive endeavor," Wilson stated.

The recent attacks are currently under investigation. Pierce County sheriff's deputies said they are reluctant to declare the incidents a result of domestic terrorism since they do not currently have any suspects.

However, that did not stop the media from baselessly pointing fingers at the "extreme right wing," likely due in part to a terrorism advisory bulletin posted by the Department of Homeland Security last month.

The DHS warned that "threat actors could exploit several upcoming events to justify or commit acts of violence, including certifications related to the midterm elections, the holiday season and associated large gatherings, the marking of two years since the breach of the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021, and potential sociopolitical developments connected to ideological beliefs or personal hostility."

"Targets of potential violence include public gatherings, faith-based institutions, the LGBTQI+ community, schools, racial and religious minorities, government facilities and personnel, U.S. critical infrastructure, the media, and perceived ideological opponents," the bulletin continued.

Ali Winston, an independent journalist, told KING-TV, "The trope of attacking power infrastructure, of hitting the electrical grid, critical infrastructure, is an old tenet of the American extreme right wing."

According to Washington law enforcement officials, the FBI warned authorities about similar power station attacks in the Pacific Northwest following a recent string of vandalism.

In November, bad actors attacked two Puget Sound Energy stations. According to the Bonneville Power Administration, a substation in Clackamas County, Oregon, was vandalized on Thanksgiving morning.

Two electrical substations in North Carolina were damaged earlier this month, causing 45,000 residents to go without power.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Power grid attacks reported across nation, i [Re: ConSigCor] #179290
12/26/2022 02:59 PM
12/26/2022 02:59 PM
Tyler County, TX
T
Texas Resistance Offline
Texas Resistance  Offline
T
Tyler County, TX
It is the damn immoral ANTIFA and eco-terrorists that are attacking electrical power substations not conservatives. Most right wingconservatives are Christians and no right wing conservatives would ever do such a thing. Some sick old people will die from no electricity then the ANTIFA and eco-terrorists who did it should be tried in a court of law, convicted of murder, and immediately hung in front of the court house on television to set an example.

Last edited by Texas Resistance; 12/26/2022 03:30 PM.

www.TexasMilitia.Info Seek out and join a lawful Militia or form one in your area. If you wish to remain Free you will have to fight for it...because the traitors will give us no choice in the matter--William Cooper
Re: Power grid attacks reported across nation, i [Re: ConSigCor] #179293
12/27/2022 02:59 PM
12/27/2022 02:59 PM
Tulsa
airforce Online content
Administrator
airforce  Online Content
Administrator
Tulsa
Who is attacking out r power grid? Not to worry, everyone - the FBI is on the case. Too long to post here, read the whole thing at the link.

...Because we live in a politically charged era, the FBI is investigating two potential motives, according to CNN.

Investigators — who have found nearly two dozen shell casings from a high-powered rifle — are zeroing in on two threads of possible motives centered on extremist behavior for the weekend assault on two North Carolina electric substations, according to law-enforcement sources briefed on the investigation.

One thread involves the writings by extremists on online forums encouraging attacks on critical infrastructure. The second thread looks at a series of recent disruptions of LGBTQ+ events across the nation by domestic extremists.

The FBI and the NC State Bureau are assisting in the investigation. Investigators have no evidence connecting the North Carolina attacks to a drag event at the theater in the same county, but the timing of two events are being considered in context with the growing tensions and armed confrontations around similar LBGTQ+ events across the country, the sources told CNN.

Sheriff Ronnie Fields has said that whoever fired at the substations “knew exactly what they were doing.” No group “has stepped up to acknowledge or accept they’re the ones who [did] it,” the sheriff said on Sunday.

But what really ought to make us sit up and take notice is how Seattle and North Carolina are just two of the most high-profile incidents of this kind of attack, which appears to be growing more frequent. Before the North Carolina attacks garnered national attention, someone launched a series of attacks elsewhere in the Pacific Northwest...

(You may also recall the power going out in parts of Tennessee on Christmas 2020, after a bomber blew himself up, because he was concerned about lizard people. His bomb detonated in front of an AT&T hub, and crippled cellular, internet, and cable service across several states.)...

In short, there's a zillion theories, and precious little evidence about just who is behind these attacks. But I'm tempted to discount the lizard people idea.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Re: Power grid attacks reported across nation, i [Re: ConSigCor] #179299
12/27/2022 06:54 PM
12/27/2022 06:54 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Groups who attack infrastructure always have an agenda, they always have demands. So far no one has admitted responsibility for these acts. Sounds more like a gov. psyop to me. Blame it on MAGA and those right wing bigots who hate fairies. Just another false flag.

Re: Power grid attacks reported across nation, i [Re: ConSigCor] #179302
12/29/2022 02:51 PM
12/29/2022 02:51 PM
Tyler County, TX
T
Texas Resistance Offline
Texas Resistance  Offline
T
Tyler County, TX
With the ARGUS-IS: A 1.8 Gigapixel Drone Camera which has been in use since 2013 the Feds could catch power grid saboteurs if they wanted to.

"Newly Declassified Surveillance Technology Can Watch You All The Time, Anywhere"
https://banned.video/watch?id=63768e68a172b844e46f4027

"ARGUS-IS: A 1.8 Gigapixel Drone Camera That Sees Everything and Then Some"
https://petapixel.com/2013/01/28/ar...amera-that-sees-everything-and-then-some

"The ARGUS-IS, or the Autonomous Real-Time Ground Ubiquitous Surveillance Imaging System, is a Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) project contracted to BAE Systems."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARGUS-IS

www.TexasMilitia.Info Seek out and join a lawful Militia or form one in your area. If you wish to remain Free you will have to fight for it...because the traitors will give us no choice in the matter--William Cooper
Re: Power grid attacks reported across nation, i [Re: ConSigCor] #179326
01/05/2023 06:17 PM
01/05/2023 06:17 PM
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
ConSigCor Offline OP
ConSigCor  Offline OP
A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC
Two Charged In Christmas Day Attacks On Washington Power Grid

Two men have been hit with federal charges of conspiracy to damage energy facilities, over a Christmas Day attack on four electrical substations in Washington state. That charge carries a punishment of up to 20 years in prison.

Matthew Greenwood, 32, and Jeremy Crahan, 40, were arrested on Saturday and charged with breaking into the substations near Tacoma and tampering with power switches in a move that disconnected some 15,000 people from their electrical supply while inflicting $3 million in damage that may take up to 36 months to repair.

[img]https://i0.wp.com/assets.zerohedge.com/s3fs-public/styles/inline_image_mobile/public/inline-images/Screen%20Shot%202023-01-03%20at%2011.54.23%20PM.png?resize=500%2C520&ssl=1[/img]

Security cameras caught these images of one of the suspects at the Elk Plain substation in Washington state (FBI)

This doesn’t appear to have been an attack with political motivations. Authorities say Greenwood confessed that the scheme was aimed at facilitating their burglary of a business. Having knocked out the power, the duo allegedly traveled to the place of business, drilled out a lock and emptied the cash register.

Greenwood was also charged with illegally possessing a short-barreled shotgun and short-barreled rifle. The shotgun sounds like an oldie: It’s a Sears, Roebuck and Company shotgun with no serial number, according to the charging document. Serial numbers have been broadly required to be placed on firearms since 1968. The rifle is a Remington and appeared to have been equipped with a home-made silencer that leaned heavy on duct tape.

[img]https://i0.wp.com/assets.zerohedge.com/s3fs-public/styles/inline_image_mobile/public/inline-images/Screen%20Shot%202023-01-03%20at%2011.50.00%20PM.png?resize=461%2C531&ssl=1[/img]

They’re not much to look at…but these two short-barreled weapons were enough for feds to tack on two gun charges (FBI)

The two alleged criminals, both Puyallup residents, were tracked down using cell phone tower data, and matching their pickup truck to security camera video. The targeted substations are dozens of miles apart, and more than 12 hours passed between the first and last attack. Greenwood said he used bolt cutters provided by Crahan.

“We have seen attacks such as these increase in Western Washington and throughout the country and must treat each incident seriously,” said US Attorney Nick Brown in a statement. “The outages on Christmas left thousands in the dark and cold and put some who need power for medical devices at extreme risk.”

Meanwhile, investigators have yet to make any arrests in a more destructive attack on the power grid in Moore County, North Carolina on Dec. 3. In that incident, two substations came under gunfire, causing a loss of power to more than 35,000 customers during a week when temperatures dipped to 30 degrees. A $75,000 reward has been offered.

Following that attack, there was widespread speculation that the perpetrators intended intended to cut power to a controversial drag show that was scheduled to start in the sleepy town of Southern Pines about the same time as the attack.

A nationwide increase in attacks on power facilities prompted the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission last month to call for an evaluation of the physical security of America’s electric grid.

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.