07/12/2005 02:34 PM
07/12/2005 02:34 PM
Ohio
E
Efraim Offline OP
Efraim  Offline OP
E
Ohio
I will soon be making my first test batches of biodiesel. I'll be using the following recipe: http://www.kitchen-biodiesel.com/

'In the hour of need, at the moment of truth; you will not rise to the occasion - you will default to your level of training' -LtCol Dave Grossman

http://ohiovolunteercorps.org/
Re: Kitchen Biodiesel #98334
07/12/2005 03:29 PM
07/12/2005 03:29 PM
Central kentucky
K
KYRebel Offline
KYRebel  Offline
K
Central kentucky
Looks like a lot of work for no more than you gain from it?????

"Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of resistance." Woodrow Wilson
Re: Kitchen Biodiesel #98335
07/13/2005 01:12 PM
07/13/2005 01:12 PM
Ohio
E
Efraim Offline OP
Efraim  Offline OP
E
Ohio
Its the beginning stages of learning to brew the stuff. Once I can do this quite simply, I will step it up with 4 2-liter system and agitator.

After that then I need to scope out waste vegetable oil sources and develop a good filtration system.

Eventually, a full fledged bio-diesel still will be put in place where I can make it in 50 gallon batches. Most bio-dieselers are making there own brew for about .60 cents a gallon. To me that is near free energy.

'In the hour of need, at the moment of truth; you will not rise to the occasion - you will default to your level of training' -LtCol Dave Grossman

http://ohiovolunteercorps.org/
Re: Kitchen Biodiesel #98336
07/13/2005 01:55 PM
07/13/2005 01:55 PM
Central kentucky
K
KYRebel Offline
KYRebel  Offline
K
Central kentucky
I've already read an article about a lady who collects used vegetable oil from surrounding restaraunts, filters it, and runs it in her deisel car.

She bought a changover system, wherein she warms the engine on deisel and then switches over to the veg oil. A deisel will run on about anything when it's up to temperature.

"Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of resistance." Woodrow Wilson
Re: Kitchen Biodiesel #98337
07/14/2005 01:41 PM
07/14/2005 01:41 PM
15-227
R
Ringsider Offline
Ringsider  Offline

R
15-227

Isn't an individual's personal self sufficiency worth that kind of effort effort?

"Diplomacy is the art of saying nice doggy until you can find a rock."-- Will Rogers
Re: Kitchen Biodiesel #98338
07/19/2005 02:32 AM
07/19/2005 02:32 AM
MT
C
C. M. Wolf Offline
C. M. Wolf  Offline
C
MT
Folks, please keep in mind that Mr. Rudolf Diesel,(the original inventor of the "diesel engine", in 1892 and introduced at the 1903 world's fair), fully intended the deisel engine to run on peanut oil/vegatable oil due to it's ultra-high lubrication qualities. But when Mr. Diesel died shortly after the introduction at the world's fair,(a person would just have to wonder about inventors dying shortly after introducing a very compeditave product to he world), his partners sold the diesel engine pattens to the current oil companies who promptly began research on duplicating the peanut oil-fuel using fosil fuels,(using their product and 'bread & butter' so to speak). ( http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/bldiesel.htm )

Sadly, the oil companies did achieve their goal of using fosil fuels to run the diesel engine. But the engine ran much less effecient and with much more 'noise' than using the intended "Bio-fuels" that Mr. Diesel had designed his engine to run on. This is one of the main reasons that the diesel engine was always only a second choice to the gasoline engine in the U.S. and adding to the fact that the major oil companies that America owned the patten rights to this engine. The diesel engine was only really used in quantities in Europe(until these latter days).

IMHO, seeking to use 'Bio-Diesel' fuels is paramont to any/all Americans that are seeking to break away from the 'corporate grips' that they hold over our economy and our lives. The only other viable alternative fuel source for engines would be alcohol,(Denatured Alcohol- 99.9% pure alcohol), conversions for gasoline burning engines.

Excellent work on moving back to the 'Bio-fuels' for your vehicle. Keep going! ...And keep in mind that you will not be alone in this search and that there will be quite a market for vegatable oils as a 'National Fuel Source' as this begins to actually catch on. wink

Michael

"Argue for your limitations, and in the end, when all is said and done, they're your's!"

"Sheeple & Shepherds, pick one! You can't be both no matter how you dress."

The higher ya go... the higher ya can get! Mountain Men Rock!
Re: Kitchen Biodiesel #98339
07/19/2005 04:26 AM
07/19/2005 04:26 AM
Central kentucky
K
KYRebel Offline
KYRebel  Offline
K
Central kentucky
Originally posted by Ringsider:
[b]

Isn't an individual's personal self sufficiency worth that kind of effort effort? [/b]
My point was that it seems like a lot of trouble when you can run an engine on filtered veg oil without going through this process.

I've read more than one article on it, and if I get my hands on a low $ diesel car, I plan to experiment with this technique. My problem right now is keeping enough money on hand to put food on the table; so, I'm nowhere near prepared.

As I said, once you get the engine up to temperature, it will run on the veg oil as well as other substances such as kerosene, but the prospect of collecting used veg oil for free from resteraunts and saving them the cost of disposal makes this sound like the way to go.

You do have to filter it, but you could build up a nice stock of this fuel over time. If you went this route, you'd want to keep enough diesel on hand, maybe both substances in underground tanks to work from.

I know the diesel will last quite a bit longer than gasoline especially when you use additives with it. I do not know the storagability of the veg oil though; maybe someone could enlighten me here.

Like I said, I've read some interesting info on going this route, but there may be someone here more knowledgeable on this subject; so, please chime in and tell me what you know about it.

Here's a guy running veg oil: http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/159605551/m/347104314

Reb...

Re: Kitchen Biodiesel #98340
07/21/2005 04:39 PM
07/21/2005 04:39 PM
Alabama CSA
R
rhughe13 Offline
rhughe13  Offline
R
Alabama CSA
Now I'm wanting to give this a try. Sounds like many benefits from making BioDiesel.

I need to find a diesel auto, or generator to run the stuff with though.

Checks and Balances need to be checked and balanced.
95th Bn 22nd FF
Re: Kitchen Biodiesel #98341
07/23/2005 02:30 PM
07/23/2005 02:30 PM
province of Quebec, Canada
E
ebime Offline
ebime  Offline
E
province of Quebec, Canada
I know in Quebec during the summer, the transportation department is working with the police to stop diesel vehicles and check their "gas". If you are caught with veggie oil, you have a steep fine awaiting you as they consider that you are stealing from the government since you are not paying the taxes (read "theft") giving you "permission" to use the road and diesel...

Maybe similar laws (maybe???) exist in your AO. Check this out carefully!

"Everybody dies, but only a few of us ever really live!"
-Cal Denton
Re: Kitchen Biodiesel #98342
12/12/2005 11:02 PM
12/12/2005 11:02 PM
27th Regimental FF
D
DetCom Offline
DetCom  Offline
D
27th Regimental FF
Yes, I like this.
The old ford diesel pickups with duel tanks will do nicely.
It's worth the try once set up. But this is not an overnight operation.

The future of the American civilization, is not upon government,far from it. We have staked the future upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves.

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.