Posted by: Irish Jaeger Jan 1 2006, 02:07 PM
Morale is everything, if you don’t have the will to survive and win…you’ll lose.

We all have been at the point at one time or another where we’ve said, “Why do I keep working towards being prepared to survive, return this country to the way its supposed to be” etc. I’ve been at that point many times, and I haven’t really figured out how I pull myself out of it…maybe its Love of Country, Love of Personal Freedom, or just a desire to be ready for what I KNOW is coming sooner or later. Who knows.

Getting people to train or prepare can be incredibly discouraging when they say, “We don’t have time this month.” Or when they say their coming to a meeting and then never show. My only answer to that is, Work with what you have and get SOMETHING done…doesn’t matter what it is…each little thing helps.

We all realize that sometime in the future we will be faced by some sort of SHTF scenario…none of us know what it will be, but we know its coming. That in and of itself should be enough to keep us going, but it doesn’t. The opposition ALWAYS seems to be on top of the game, people ready willing and able to keep working against us. They’re organized, have major resources, basically command all forms of information dissemination etc. How do they do it and what can we do to become more like them in terms of an Organization that works, Morale, and Logistics? Well lets see if I can share some of my ideas.

We need to:
1. Incorporate more family oriented gatherings i.e BBQs, Picnics, Parties, Trips to the Roller-skating rink etc. These activities generate fun and fellowship for the whole family, and it’s a way to begin getting the whole family more involved. It gets family members of like-minded people together for FUN which generates MORALE and gives everybody a break from supplies lists, weapons cleaning, FTXs, Participating in Radio Nets etc.
2. We need to get organized. Each state hold its own meeting of Units, Lone Wolfs, and Interested Patriot Minded people. At these meetings you get to know your fellow patriots and you can begin organizing – Figuring out what everybody thinks is going to happen and what the GOAL or MISSION is, Coordinating Comm. Nets, Planning JTXs or FTXs, etc. Also at each of these state meetings select a couple people to go to a Regional or National Meeting.
3. Begin becoming more financially free. Pay off debts, cut down on un-needed expenses, start saving etc. Ways to do this are. Don’t eat out as often (Once a week is all I’ve budgeted for myself). Don’t rent or go to the theater to see movies as often. Encourage your kids to try their hand at making their own toys…Put out the money and buy some of the books that were written late 19th century and early 20th century on homemade toys and give them to your kids. Participate with them in building some of the stuff. This is spending time with family, which will build (hopefully) MORALE for all involved. Don’t buy the newest and coolest piece of Tactical Gear or Guns…use what you have and become PROFICIANT with it.

These are just some thoughts that have been rattling around in my head for awhile and I thought I’d put ‘em on the table.

Just remember, To Survive, You have to have the Will to Survive.
Comment away.
Irish

Posted by: 11Bravo Jan 2 2006, 03:42 PM
Good points Irish. I find myself asking those same questions, sometimes. Especially when no one else will take these issues seriously. I've tried to tell friends about whats coming in the future, not even trying to scare them, just telling them that they should be on the safe side and prepare just in case something ever happens. Natural disaster, power outage, invasion, Govt., etc. Even after seeing what happened in New Orleans, they still don't take it to heart, they think I'm paranoid or something. So, yes its tough to keep up your morale.

The only people I know, who "get it", is my dad and his friends. THey were constantly training and stocking up during the Clinton years and Y2K. But now they are getting older and working alot, and they seem to have lost motivation. My dad hasn't lost his motivation, thank God, so at least I have someone to depend on.

Good post Irish, I will keep trying to influence others and keep up my morale.

11Bravo OVER!