Posted by: B25 Jan 28 2006, 06:22 AM
I have recently purchased a 'MIOX' water purification system. Is there anyone here that's had any experience with that system?
From what I read, it's the system of the future. To begin, it's only the size of a pelican flashlight. (and kind of looks like one) The entire system including test strips, weighed slightly less than my Katadyn 'mini-filter'. But there's no pumping,
and you can purify infinite amounts of water in one application.
It operates with a small battery, by combining a sample of your water source, with salt to make a brine (no more than a thimbell full) then running an electric current through it, there-by creating a powerful oxidant, that you then pour into the container of water, wait a few minutes, then take a test strip to verify that the
application was sufficient. Then drink it. You can do this to a swimming pool full,
to a 55 gal. drum to just a canteen full. According to MSR, the manufacturer, there
is nothing that will be surviable including bacterial warfare agents.
I haven't used mine yet, and I guess my biggest concern is taste. MSR claims that once you have applied the proper amount to your water source, the 'oxidents'
are not harmful to humans.
And price was $130.00

B25

Posted by: Ringsider Jan 29 2006, 08:18 AM
This procedure sounds very similar to the one for brewing Collodial Silver. Does their literature give an indepth explaination of the process?

Posted by: patriotnwi Jan 29 2006, 12:40 PM
It appears from the MSR's website that it's a working option for purification of live entities, but it also appears that you would still have to filter the water as the MIOX system doesn't remove particulate matter, like mercury, chemicals, or lead content.... Just my 2 c's worth.

website addy:

http://www.msrcorp.com/filters/miox.asp

Posted by: B25 Feb 1 2006, 09:04 AM
This procedure sounds very similar to the one for brewing Collodial Silver. Does their literature give an indepth explaination of the process?

THE ONLY SIMILARITY IS, THAT BOTH DO USE AN ELECTRICAL CHARGE THROUGH
A LIQUID MEDIUM, BUT EVIDENTLY WHEN YOU ELECTRICALLY CHARGE A BRINE
SOLUTION, IT CREATES AN OXIDENT. AND THERE'S NO SILVER BEING USED.
BUT I GUESS IN PROCESS, IT IS THE SAME.

B25

Posted by: B25 Feb 1 2006, 09:11 AM
It appears from the MSR's website that it's a working option for purification of live entities, but it also appears that you would still have to filter the water as the MIOX system doesn't remove particulate matter, like mercury, chemicals, or lead content.... Just my 2 c's worth.

MOST DEFINATELY. BUT FOR MYSELF, I ALWAYS RUN WATER THROUGH A PRE-PARTICULATE CHARCOAL FILTER (HOMEMADE OF COURSE) EVEN WHEN I USE A
CERAMIC (OR ANY OTHER) TYPE 'FILTER' TO PREVENT IT FROM CLOGGING UP TOO FAST ANYWAY.
FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, THEY ARE EVEN USING THIS SYSTEM IN MUNINCIPALLY SUPPLIED WATER IN SOME SMALLER TOWNS & CITIES.

B25

Posted by: Sniper-762x51 Feb 23 2006, 08:50 PM
Information about the purifier. The site explains the process click on PROCESS
http://www.miox.com/News/CDI_MIOX_License.html

Hope the info is useful.