08/01/2006 06:20 AM
08/01/2006 06:20 AM
Alabama
D
Dutchman6 Offline OP
Dutchman6  Offline OP
D
Alabama
OK, on the subject of logistics, how many of y'all use govliquidation.com? What we've been doing is very judiciously bidding on commo gear and ammo cans. We pocket most of the commo gear and sell the cans to dealers and at shows to support the rest. There is a learning curve to it. Be careful what you buy (sometimes it really IS unserviceable) and watch the freight charges you'll incur getting it out of a depot that is some distance from you. Always factor in some shrinkage over what is represented. Somehow we never quite get the number of serviceable items promised (Ammo cans bent by gorillas with banding machines, etc). Anyway, does anybody else use this as a means of supply?

Dutchman6

"Tell me," I was once asked, "What do you think about gun control? Give me the short answer." To which I replied "If you try to take our firearms we will kill you."
Re: govliquidation.com #98531
08/01/2006 09:34 AM
08/01/2006 09:34 AM
Ohio
E
Efraim Offline
Efraim  Offline
E
Ohio
Dutchman,

I've looked over the site and considered buying from them. But it definetely would take a unit approach.

'In the hour of need, at the moment of truth; you will not rise to the occasion - you will default to your level of training' -LtCol Dave Grossman

http://ohiovolunteercorps.org/
Re: govliquidation.com #98532
08/02/2006 03:45 AM
08/02/2006 03:45 AM
Alabama
D
Dutchman6 Offline OP
Dutchman6  Offline OP
D
Alabama
Originally posted by Efraim:
Dutchman,

I've looked over the site and considered buying from them. But it definetely would take a unit approach.
Yeah, agreed. We're trying to accomplish things on more of a macro scale than most can do, but then we've been at this for over 14 years now. Still, if you ignore the clothing (which are scooped up by the Big Fish of the international surplus market), some outstanding deals can be had and you can support your habit with the proceeds.

"Tell me," I was once asked, "What do you think about gun control? Give me the short answer." To which I replied "If you try to take our firearms we will kill you."
Re: govliquidation.com #98533
08/03/2006 03:13 PM
08/03/2006 03:13 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: govliquidation.com #98534
08/04/2006 03:58 PM
08/04/2006 03:58 PM
Alabama
D
Dutchman6 Offline OP
Dutchman6  Offline OP
D
Alabama
Originally posted by Clan DireWolf:
I use to buy surplus all the time. That was before the govt turned it over to a private company. That just ruined it for me. Bidding became a major pain.

One thing to be careful about. Try to check whatever your buying as close to the bid date as possible. Some dealers will move stuff from one box to another. Especially any clothes or helmets that are size large or above. Or is really choice.
The places I've been to pick up the goods have all been pretty well supervised. Haven't experienced any switcheroos. There was a recent incident I heard of where a certain surplus buyer corrupted the govliquidation.com employee, but the employee was caught, fired and the surplus operation is soon to be shut down at that base and the function transferred to others nearby. (The scrapyard will remain in operation, but no finished goods will be sold at that post.)

Re: govliquidation.com #98535
08/05/2006 03:46 PM
08/05/2006 03:46 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.