12/18/2009 11:55 AM
12/18/2009 11:55 AM
Slipping the surly bonds of ea...
F
Flight-ER-Doc Offline
Flight-ER-Doc  Offline
F
On caching, I just read on another board about "Operation Gladio" and related plans.

These were plans made by NATO forces for 'stay-behind' groups of soldiers following a Warsaw pact invasion of their countries. The soldiers would organize and lead groups of citizens in attacking the enemy.

It seems that some (most) of these groups were to be supplied from caches that were built and stocked...in some countries, they were then forgot, and discovered during construction years later (how cool would it be to be digging a foundation for your garage and discover a cache with weapons, ammo and supplies for 50 people?)

A similar concept is in Vanderboegh's book "Absolved" where a misdirected from WWII railcar laoded with supplies plays a role.

The concept is probably valid: Problems include collecting the materials in the first place (obviously), packing them securely (the military is REALLY good at that sort of packing), emplacing the cache, and of course, security.

Emergency Medicine - saving the world from themselves, one at a time.

"Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander."

I make the ADL soil themselves. And that makes me very happy smile
Re: Emergency Caching #98763
01/11/2010 10:47 AM
01/11/2010 10:47 AM
Santa Barbara, CA
S
shadowrun Offline
shadowrun  Offline
S
Santa Barbara, CA
someone touched earlier in the post about dry ice removing the oxygen from the pvc pipe container and then sealing them, what about nitrogen gas (like in the car tires now) could this be used to push out the oxygen from the pvc container before sealing? thoughts?

When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny...Thomas Jefferson
Re: Emergency Caching #98764
01/11/2010 12:22 PM
01/11/2010 12:22 PM
F
Flight-ER-Doc Offline
Flight-ER-Doc  Offline
F
Originally posted by shadowrun:
someone touched earlier in the post about dry ice removing the oxygen from the pvc pipe container and then sealing them, what about nitrogen gas (like in the car tires now) could this be used to push out the oxygen from the pvc container before sealing? thoughts?
Sure can. I packaged up a lot of wheat that way - I got a tire chuck valve with a pipe on the end of it hooked up to a tank of nitrogen - fill a bucket, stick the pipe in and give it a 5-10 second burst then close the bucket.

You don't have to displace all the oxygen: Just enough to keep bugs from surviving.

With the oxygen absorber packs, it's a lot easier.

"Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander."

Re: Emergency Caching #98765
03/02/2010 01:10 PM
03/02/2010 01:10 PM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
I seen a guy that had taken a section of PVC and glued a cap on the bottom and screw caped the top.

He had drilled two holes in the side. The one toward the top he put a metal tire air valve in it.

The one on the bottom side he put one of those air tank drain water drain valves.

He teflon taped the screw cap.

Once he had it filled it with whatever he wanted he cracked that drain valve, then filled it with argon or other gases once the gas was escaping the drain valve.

He'd shut it and pressurize the container.

He said the higher press helped ensure no moisture inside.

It sounded good to me, but I've not tried it yet.

What do y'all think?

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: Emergency Caching #98766
03/02/2010 01:11 PM
03/02/2010 01:11 PM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
sorry double post

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: Emergency Caching #98767
03/30/2010 09:50 AM
03/30/2010 09:50 AM
D 057 Btn 47 FF
T
The Greywolf Offline
The Greywolf  Offline
T
D 057 Btn 47 FF
Time to cache all extra weapons....

not you field rifle, but your back up rifles and ammo...

Don't get caught with all your gear in one place.

Use all your caching knowledge, and make sure containers are water tight.

Not telling you to hide....telling you cache everything you don't need right now..

That way if a FED raid catches you off guard... you'll have backup when you are out of their grip.

Make sure all OPSEC papers are stashed.

anything that can bring a pinch.

If you have been posting on other sites things you should have use OPSEC on... then your in the crosshairs, cache everything...

And not behind your house please.

If you need to escape!!!

Don't run, you are probably being watched if your on their list. but plan your late night escape and safe house arrival. you must find a distraction, have friends cause an distraction.

Make sure your unit is on the same page and know your rally point... Hey don't send it over the phone or net. In person to each member with no one else around.

time to go undergound!!! not hide just covert. all ops should be covert now.

Jimmy Greywolf
Re: Emergency Caching #98768
03/30/2010 10:03 AM
03/30/2010 10:03 AM
F
Flight-ER-Doc Offline
Flight-ER-Doc  Offline
F
An alternative to the sometimes hard to come by, and always distinctive looking ammo can is to use a plain old gallon paint can....it's waterproof, cheap, nondescript (doesn't scream AMMO CAN), etc.

If you want to put some extra protection on it, spraying it with underseal would do.

Re: Emergency Caching #98769
03/30/2010 03:52 PM
03/30/2010 03:52 PM
Upstate New York
T
Tahawus Offline
Tahawus  Offline
T
Upstate New York
Originally posted by Flight-ER-Doc:
An alternative to the sometimes hard to come by, and always distinctive looking ammo can is to use a plain old gallon paint can....it's waterproof, cheap, nondescript (doesn't scream AMMO CAN), etc.

If you want to put some extra protection on it, spraying it with underseal would do.
That's a great idea and very "grey man" too.

Re: Emergency Caching #98770
03/30/2010 05:01 PM
03/30/2010 05:01 PM
southeast minnesota
J
jdog Offline
jdog  Offline
J
southeast minnesota
remember to include a small 22 rifle or pistol with extra ammo in your cache as well as snare wires.

its also not a bad idea to include one of those survival skills books.

Things will either go to shit or they wont, thats all there is to it.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  airforce, ConSigCor 

©>
©All information posted on this site is the private property of the individual author and AWRM.net and may not be reproduced without permission. © 2001-2020 AWRM.net All Rights Reserved.