Well Leo, thanks(?) for resurrecting a dead thread.

My original reply: you go about killing anyone and everyone who happens upon your retreat you will be labeled a mad dog or you will be facing a bigger dog than you. Namely government forces-oh, you say the militia is lawful? Lawful technically but in no way legal to the beast and it's minions. I wouldn't want to be the one trying to quote(fill in your favorite philosopher/law)to people more feral than any set of gangbangers you'll meet-and who are protected by law.

Furthermore, lots of formerly middle class types will likely become scavangers and whatnot. Conversely, I'd bet at least some of those 'gangbangers'(are they n!gger-americans to you?)I'd bet in about any of the fantasy survival situations that they're looking to... guess what... survive.

You get dickholes in every walk of life. I've seen more than my share in the so-called 'movement'. And do you know the thing about 'patriot' dickholes I've noted? They contribute NOTHING....

During Katrina you had cops and gangbangers looting and looking out for themselves... you also had a surprising amount of gangsta types scavenging for civilians. Everyone not sunbaked crazy or just a dickhole looking to shoot/rob someone was just waiting for the US government-the entity you presume you'd answer to-to ride in and save the day. They didn't for several days.

...When they did, their first order of business was to pummel and arrest little old ladies with 50 year old revolvers. You want where it was worst? The Superdome-a situation created by your heroes the government.

We've all been victims of divide and conquer stratagems played out through economic, social cultural and political manipulations by our enemies. Why feed into that?

In any SHTF/TEOTWAWKI situation, I'd rather have alliances than enemies. Less ammo expenditure-say, how many bullets and bandages did you say you had? How many lives you got to spare just because some desperate dude's wearing baggy pants?
If someone's an obvious tango-deal with it. Shoot, shovel and shut up.

If someone's passing through and wants to trade for supplies-see what they got. Keep your guard up of course.

If someone's looking to deal start small and build a relationship. If the relationship develops so be it. It's up to you to decide whom you're going to deal with but dude, you go looking for enemies you'll have them. Nice to see you believe in Patriot Unity(not).

Be your own leader

freedomguide.blogspot.com
freedomguide.wordpress.com
youtube.com/user/freedomguide