you call them safe houses, I call it a retreat.

It is the place you would fall back too to regroup and restock. I do not consider it a place for long term occupation..

neither should you.

Just my get away.

When you arrive at your retreat, be prepared to camp out away from it for a couple days to watch for activity.
The safe house can be reused as long as it hasn't been compromised. but you should do the camping thing each time you come need to reuse it.

Although I can't tell you my lay out or preps I've made. I will tell you generic ideas and that there are many books on the subject on palidin press. Some of the info is good.

I will say that this safe house must not be in your name or any close family member such as sister or daughter.

Safe house should be hidden from sight, but with a view to see anyone coming from far off.

You must have caches within walking distance, but not where enemy can sweep with detectors. (Several post have been made about hiding caches)

House should, (but doesn't have to), be fully equipt and off the grid, in other words, a well for water, Generator, and solar powered. this is so nosey feds can't notice that the gas was turned on or more power is being used.

The house could or may not have an attached root cellar, but if it is attached have a second cache that is hidden away from house.

Any weapons must not be in retreat, but stored in a cache away from house and close enough to get to when you first arrive.

Cover all windows with a safety film sold by security companies. This makes breaking in harder. Then cover with blinds and drapes.

Doors should be metal with a 1/4 inch metal plate covering inside of door. Then slip bars (Metal slip bars please) attached to door and frames to make busting in harder. The plate makes shooting through the door more difficult.

windows should be barred and meshed.

I also know some smart folks who put planter greenhouse windows in every window ( Just to make it a little more difficult to bust out a window and come in).

You should have a dead man cage inside all doors.( it is a boxed in man trap cage with a second cage door. it traps you enemy in a vunerable position inside the retreat) (turkey shoot)

the next thing you should have is a floor escape hatch leading under the house. If the house has a basement then cut out the block big enough to climb through.
Dig your tunnel.. Cover the hole with a book case on hidden casters (yea I know they will find it eventually) But if it give you a 30 minute head start that's better then trying to out run 50 agents or who ever the enemy is.
On the back of the book case screw a board to attach hasps, set the other in in the concrete used to finish the hole. This way you in close the book case and lock the hasps

If you can afford the time dig a tunnel from hatch to an out building,hillside, under junk vehicle with a hatch in floor, or culvert near by. That's a start anyway.

and that's just my .02 wink

oh yea I almost forgot... Don't tell me this is to hard or out of your skill range... As I said in another post never put your Bios on the net. wink From some of the bios I read this should be a walk in the park laugh

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf