What you are describing is not 'redundancy', it is supply (one component of logistics).

Redundancy is having several (more than one) method of accomplishing a goal or task - for example, I have redundant methods of heating my home, including a propane furnace, coal and wood (with wood cut and split, and trees available for the cutting) for the wood burning stoves and fireplaces, electric space heaters and if it came down to it, propane camping space heaters, along with portable propane bottles. 5 levels of redundancy to heat the house.

The closest you've described to redundancy is having the possibility of using biodiesel - but the way you phrased it you don't have that. It's not hard to make but it's not something where you just drive up to a cornstalk and fill up the truck. Or perhaps the people who are responsible for growing more food - but are they able to? They have the seed and chemicals needed? Space to store it? A method to distribute it? And most importantly, the will to do it all?

The essence of redundancy is "two is one, and one is none". http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/redundancy

As far as individuals preparations, thats probably something best not discussed on the web.

Emergency Medicine - saving the world from themselves, one at a time.

"Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander."

I make the ADL soil themselves. And that makes me very happy smile