Originally posted by Sniper_762X51:
Originally posted by OLM-Medic:
[b] Ah, so a good filter will also do the job of removing organisms that chemical purification would? Also I heard iodine tablets shouldn't be used for more than 2 weeks.
Commonly Available Filters will only filter out bacteria and other large organisms they will not filter out Viruses. The only Mechanical Filters that will are the Reverse Osmosis Filters. If you check out the sites I posted links to you will find out that they are very expensive and very heavy. The one that actually produces enough water to be useful for Militia use weighs about 7 lbs and costs about $1,800. [/b]
Not quite. It depends on the size of the virus - some pathogenic viruses are quite large (the size of small bacteria).

And as I said, most good filters also have some sort of method of dealing with the viruses that the filter doesnt get.

And you can get the same RO unit packed into military survival kits for around $900:

http://www.landfallnavigation.com/-sas07.html

Emergency Medicine - saving the world from themselves, one at a time.

"Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander."

I make the ADL soil themselves. And that makes me very happy smile