Several comments to make:

1) Cache relies on passive security - the cache is hidden in such a way that it will not be found by those who just happen by. This requires a location not well trafficed (thus isolated) and hidden. If you gather the supplies listed, we are talking a not inconsequential amount of space and weight. Leads me to consider the ability to create a number of such caches, as opposed to just the base camp concept. The idea is that a base camp is defended - so the logistical accumulation makes sense.

2. The other argument for the cache is the keep a low profile so the massive numbers of people and systems that are looking for you have less change of success. Considering the number of units and systems available, and the geographic territory they have to cover. I wonder why any of us think that we are such a threat that those systems can be targeted effectively at us. In any plausible scenario, is there a militia unit out there so big and such a threat, that the resources will be targeting it, and if so, how effective will be even more dispersal be?

3. Logistics is vital. If a unit intends to be operational for more than 72 hours, figuring out how to keep supplied is a critical task. Ultimately, I see the logistical base and community defended tied together - family members can guard the supply dump, and do the LOGPAC prep - in fact they become the "support unit" for the "field unit".

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson

www.dallascitytroop.org