Couldn't really think of the appropriate place since this deals with mindset, tactics, gear and other things. Still early and God knows what the truth is of the situation.

1) This is the most basic. First rule of a gunfight is to have a gun. Sheeple say a CCW couldn't of stopped it. How do they know? Obviously no CCW didn't work and that is a FACT. The shooter killed people till he got bored and went outside to wait for the cops.

1% chance > than 0% chance.

2) Second rule is to have friends that have guns. If one person with a gun wouldn't of changed events what about 5 CCW? What about 50 armed people?

I don't date girls that are anti-gun. Not only can they not defend themselves they cannot defend me. If married standardize on a common gun or at least one that uses the same mags and ammo (G17 and G26 for example).

3) Mindset, tactics and skill. After every event people say "it happened so fast" or "I couldn't believe what I was seeing". In the OODA Loop they got hung up on observe. When training with people I hold up an object and tell them "this is a knife". I then walk over to them slowly raise the object and start stabbing at them. I then ask why they didn't do anything to stop me. I back up and hold up the same object and tell them "this is a knife" and walk over and try and stab them. Everytime a person may stand and be stabbed the first time but the second they either fight back, move or even one time threw a chair at me. What changed? Initially they were stuck on observe in the OODA Loop. The second time they moved through the entire thing. The recognized the situation the second time and the consequences of not acting. Training should be the same. Standing square with a piece of paper and putting one round into the bulls-eye teaches you nothing. Turning around, having to decide between several shoot/no-shoot targets, drawing from concealed, "getting off the X" will.

My one friend when we practice this will stand starring at the target with his hand on his pistol and retention undone. If I introduce a little stress and make him draw from concealed at unknown times he will fumble the gun or forget safety. Train how you will fight.

In martial arts you would have sparing to bridge the gap between solo/partner training and a real fight. You also need to incorporate this into your firearms training with airsoft or something similar.

When you go into a place make sure you know your exits. Most people will run to the door they entered. Think back to the nightclub fire with Great White.

Observe people. Look at them and what is in their hands. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Don't walk and text.

Another part of this is the argument that there "would not be a clear shot" so a CCW wouldn't of worked. My thoughts have frightened many of the timid but who cares? Shoot and maybe hit innocent people. If he shot 5 people and you drew and hit 3 innocent before stopping him you would of saved 50 people. This is not a single guy holding a baseball bat robbing a 7/11 for $20. This closer resembles a battlefield. You have a committed combatant who cannot be reasoned with who is going to kill till he is stopped. If you believe the government's version of Flight 93 then that is the same thing. They resisted killing the terrorists and themselves but they saved maybe a thousand people. How will the courts and media treat you? The same way they would no matter what you did. They are the enemy and the enemies mouthpiece you will never get the truth from them. If Hitler was in that theater shooting people and you shot him the first thing the police will say is "show me your permit". Getting to court only applies if you are alive to make it there.

4) Have a light for your weapon. I can't stand all the fighting "expert" sheep bleating how it is impossible to shoot someone in the dark so a CCW wouldn't of done any good. Well I guess you could aim and shoot towards the loud bang and muzzle flash but science has developed these items called flashlights which illuminate dark areas. I keep the same type of light mounted on every pistol I own. The argument against a weapon mounted light is rather silly, "If you need a flashlight you have to point a gun at everything." I assume they never realized you can buy a second light to carry in your pocket. The confusion of the Colorado shooting I think shows a dedicated weapon light is king. There is no fumbling to get two items up and running. If the pistol is out so is the light. Either way it needs to be practiced with.

Even if you can't get a clear shot and don't want to shoot you can shine the light into their face. A sheep told me that they will just shoot you holding the flashlight. That is why they are sheep. 140 lumens into the eyes will eliminate a person's ability to see anything in a dark room. Even if they are able to overcome it they will be distracted and maybe give someone else an opportunity to engage. Another great invention is the on/off switch. I can turn the light on and off as I choose. God also equipped me with feet which can move me from spot to spot and from an open area to cover.

5) Carry extra magazines. It always annoyed me watching some of the gun TV shows where they carry a 6 shot revolver and no spare ammo thinking this is all that is needed to stop a gun fight. If that is all you needed to stop a fight they wouldn't link .50 in belts. Caliber in my opinion has less meaning than capacity. If I have to use my firearm I am shooting till the target is down. My first well aimed shot may miss, hit the ground or a limb. Multiple shots to the bad guy no matter what caliber negates the "one shot stop" myth. If they are wearing armor, another bleating of the sheep then I walk my rounds up to his face. Also since you tend to focus on the weapon a couple 9mm into the receiver of the weapon, while not a fight stopper would def affect the function of the weapon. Better to shoot and hit the weapon accidently and walk it into his face then to be unarmed and look like a target.

6) Carry a mini-BOK or at least a battle dressing with your EDC stuff in case you or a loved one are shot.

More?

Rule #1 - You do not publically bad mouth a fellow patriot.

"Being innocent is simply not enough for the government," Denise Simon