What you carry depends upon where you are going and why. Since we usually live in an Urban or Suburban environment I never carry what is about. Far!
If I leave home with 500 rounds of ammo I will dig a hole and cache' half today, and half tomorrow. The extra space will begin to be filled with food and water and as I go along that too will start being cache'ed.
By time I have reached my E&E spot I should be concealable. It is hard to slip through cordons with a 70 plus pound ruck and enough metal to set off ever metal detector in three states.

I can lay in a hole for three days with water and food. If I get cold I can soil over the body for extra cover.

Then again others need the knowledge that they can withstand an infantry platoon to make the trip.

When I am in my secure AO I can slip back and pick up my drops.

When I speak of my Ruck I use that term to mean a pack. I have nothing in my gear that even looks military.

When some local Sheriff declares an emergency the very presence of Military garb or equipment leads to confiscation or/and arrest. I am just an old hunter going out to feed my family in the coming bad times. Someone to smile at not arrest for violating the martial law or Emergency Order.

My carried weapon is a bolt action rifle, my side arm is a revolver, my pack weapon is a bolt action Shotgun, and my ability with each is very good. In my off property cache' is an Automatic pistol, a 12 gauge pump, and I should get an unfired AR or AK in the first three or four hours of my trip.

Warfare is in the mind first and the hands last.