Ducttape,

In my experience, hauling a massive tarp or tent to use as a mobile mess hall would be more practical than having an RV or ice cream truck. Fuel for one would be prohibitive and you have serious mobility issues. Having a deuce and a half, loaded with the gear you need to set up a mobile kitchen, would be better IMO.

You may want to consider having some kind of mobile truck to be used as a field ambulance. We can't count on helicopters to haul away the wounded.

I'm curious, what kind of grub would you want to serve in a mobile kitchen? I think having every 5 persons supply a naptha or propane stove, or arranging for BBQs for every platoon would be reasonable, expecially if there are 500 people spread all over the place. It's terribly romantic to have a centralized chow point (for example, taking over a barn and producing meals using bulked rations?) but who supplies it, who pays for it, who hauls in the rice, beans, butter and meat? It's a wonderful idea, but if you can't get everybody to sign off and agree to pay or supply such a unit, how do you mandate it?