ToneDeaf | January 10, 2016 at 20:46 |

The closest you are going to get is in Bend, Or. for any substantial quantity of food. It’s 131 miles away. Boise is 188 miles. I have no knowledge of sources for bulk food in Boise so I will not address that.

My supply run consisted of hitting the BiMart(351 NE 2nd, Bend Or.) and Walmart(20120 Pinebrook Blvd.) for beanies, jackets, bibs and gloves. This has been an especially harsh winter here in Central Oregon so inexpensive cold weather gear is in short supply. Higher end, gear made for winter hunting can be sourced through the Sportsman Warehouse located at 63492 Hunnell Rd. Bend, Or.
2 blocks away was the Cash and Carry(1500 NE 3rd. St. Bend, Or.), a restaurant supply wholesale store. 50 lb bags of beans and rice, cases of #10 cans of all kinds. This should be THE food supply store used for the bulk calorie stuff. They also have commercial sized cleaning/sanitary/hygiene products.

I would not rely on Safeway in Burns for anything but perishables that cannot be sourced in bulk from Bend
There is a Costco(2500 NE Hwy 20, Bend, Or.) a mile from the cash and carry for large packs of batteries and bulk OTC meds(tylenol, advil,etc….).

By my best guesstimate, they will need a pickup truck full of supplies a week at minimum. That is based on the number of people I met and saw inside on Friday during the initial bulk resupply run. I hope this helps everyone not here in Oregon to understand the locations of the nearest sources to resupply those inside. It’s a 2 1/2 hour drive at minimum in good weather. I recommend not wasting your time trying to source supplies in Burns.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861