Nobody knows for sure but the majors thinks it could. The CME apparently wipes solar panels on satellites on a regular basis.

Thing is, panels are dirt simple devices. What I see as more likely is charge controllers and other electronics getting damaged beyond easy repair.

Stratiotes did a lot of experimentation on a fairly large and powerful solar array using no charge controller at all. It seemed to work with some jump and hustle the powe flow got too high, like running around the house to turn lights and fans on to use the excess power before it roasted batteries.

Car batteries and deep cycle batteries are unlikely to be damaged by an EMP. The circuit boards in lithium ion batteries though could be a problem.

My reccomendation, have spare charge controllers, inverters and sensitive electronics in a faraday cage. The deep cycle batteries don't matter. Keep test equipment like spare multimeters In a faraday cage.

Panels that are not out being used are just going to waste, I say put around half up in service, holding others in reserve, in a faraday cage. In the event of EMP, replace fried components as needed from your supply of spares.

The parts of a solar panel which are likely to be damaged are repairable. It's a hassle but it can be done with fairly basic soldering tools, maybe a Dremel, some wire and replacement diodes. Most solar panels 15 watts and up still produce power when damaged, just less of it and will deteriorate faster when they get wet.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.