I would gather a whole lot more information.

Is the Internet still up?

What are the radio nets saying? Anything wildly different from what is on the net?

How many people am I really responsible for?

Regardless of who owns the supplies, what supplies remain in the area?

What supplies are available outside of the area?

Is the immediate surrounding area hostile, ambivalent or friendly?

Questions to the intact police organizations:

Are the officials corruptible?
Can they be intimidated?
Are they ideologically secure or are they simply self serving hypocrites regardless of the stated ideology?
How has the crisis affected their lifestyle? Are their own families and interests in secure areas or dependent on the same economic system as everybody else? How engaged are they with the community?

Are there active police auxiliaries? If so, are they alliances of circumstance, ideology or corruption?

How strong are they?

Are the hostile, corrupt, permissive or friendly?

Topography:
Is this a coastal city with waterway access?

Is it a city situated on or near any major rivers with waterway to Ocean access?

As it is, I would hunker down, gather information and fortify the location. In a relatively permissive environment, that means occupation of a tactically sound building that you can defend with conventional weapons. These may be overwhelmed by large force, such as the CIA and embassy complexes in Benghazi, but such actions are incredibly rare. That's still pretty much the way things get done.

I would then send reconnaissance teams everywhere of relevance. Now that's not necessarily commanding them, but here is the deal, if someone can't or won't go to a given fixed point, make relevant observations of requested data, then report that back to me, they are going to be impossible to work with on just about anything else. This is absolutely critical. Any refusal to report or hesitation in reporting is worse than stepping off on the wrong foot in boot camp or turning right when someone is supposed to turn left. There is to be no stupid games played on either side, no trick questions, no ambiguity. No or very little psychology on the debrief. We simply fact check their information against other sources.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.