Leave the group alone. You have nothing to offer them, it would be immoral to steal what they have, and you are unlikely to succeed anyway.

Now would be a good time to hone your trapping skills. What animals are walking, swimming, or flying around your area (yes, this includes dogs and cats)? Who else, if anyone, is hunting or trapping them?

Sparrows and starlings aren't the best eating around, and it takes a few of them to make a meal. But they are abundant, and they are protein. And in most areas you can hunt and trap them now, without restriction. You can bet they will be going in my stew pot.

With no power for three months, the mortality rate is already quite high, possibly 50% or more. (I've seen estimates that only 10% of the population would survive a power outage lasting a year.) There would be few gas generators still in operation, but some generators can be adapted to run wood gas. The scenario didn't say if you had any solar panels, so I assume not.

Can you identify medicinal plants? How did the Native Americans in your area treat illnesses a couple hundred years ago?

What job skills do you have, that you can put to use now? What needs do people have, that you can fill? The free market exists, you just have to make use of it.

Onward and upward,
airforce