From my experience most of the millennials may have book smarts but they don't have the common sense God gave a goose. And, I'm not so sure they have much book smarts as most never learned the most basic stuff we all were taught just a few years ago. They've been indoctrinated with progressive bullshit rather than taught how to think for themselves.

As for those ignorant uneducated people who settled the west...certainly the majority weren't highly educated. However they had common sense and had spent their entire life learning the skills necessary to survive. They were taught as children how to grow food, raise and butcher livestock, cook from scratch, sew their own cloths by hand, build a house or barn with simple tools, make hardware and tools on a blacksmith forge etc. Unlike people of today, they knew if they couldn't take care of themselves that no one would do it for them.

The modern generation are too ignorant and lazy to check their own oil or change a tire. Their solution to every problem in life is to grab a cell phone and text someone for help.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861