The cider press was on the shopping list for the Diaxaris project. Even when we were on that short lived abortive program of the other retreat, I had bought a grain mill to take in to that one.

Basic stuff you really don't need to own for your own little survival cottage but needs to be group stuff that is accessible:

Cider press
fruit grinder
fermentation jugs (carboys)
bottle capper
bottle cleaning station, varies by design, requires several specialized brushes
supply of bottle caps (paid for by those who use them)
10 gallon still
5 gallon still
2-3 gallon stovetop pot still
cheese presses
curdling vats, paddle, complete kit
grain mills (not a multipurpose mill, but a specialized grain mill)
meat grinders (1 manual 1 electric)
meat slicer (deli style, 1 electric, 1 manual if available)
smoker
smokehouse (permanent infrastructure item)
10 gallon boiling pot(s) with spigot.
55 gallon food safe drums (plastic)
30 gallon food safe drum (stainless) with dual spigots
large standalone propane burners
large deep fryer
industrial type vacuum sealer
if possible, a can sealer
a bandsaw permanently modified or built for meat cutting
food dehydrator
vacuum oven
pressure oven
large baking oven

This isn't all stuff that needs to be duplicated for every single household, but everybody involved in the retreat should pitch in for these items or profits from the group business activities be shunted over to pay for the stuff.

The cider situation is fairly simple, but I am not quite sure how you keep the cider/apple beer from going straight vinegar except I think it has something to do with the timing on when it is pasteurized, fermented and filtered. I think cider is straight fermented without pasteurization then either settled or filtered and then rapidly heated again to keep from turning vinegar and that's your commercial apple beers, but I am not sure. I do know that if you just let the apple juice sit and age for a very long time and it is exposed to air during that period, you end up with mostly vinegar with crap floating on top, stuff settled in the bottom, and the stuff in the middle is your vinegar.

Honey mead also goes on a similar cycle and has a certain special time period when it must be drank. If you let it sit too long, it goes vinegar, but that honey mead vinegar is interesting as a meat marinade and salad dressing ingredient. The kind of stuff you would soak gamey meat in for a few days before slow roasting.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.