Yeah, when there were different people bringing resources in to the Diaxaris project there was a lady who brought some of that in. Wonderful stuff too, I would say on par with Strats wife's cooking if not slightly better in some respects on the stuff she made.

The best option she explained, was cooking the meat into sauces then going with bulk rice and noodles which are stored dry. I was buying the rice, noodles and beans in bulk at Walmart, the Mormon cannery and a large discount grocery store. I had also added 6 gallons of olive oil.

Then Strat paid for freezers, we pitched in on the solar power station, Strat bought batteries, I brought solar panels. We pitched in on the work to make sure that there was not going to be any power outages, but there was storage space limits in the freezers. Also remember, that in cold winters, yes you get less electricity out of solar in the northern climate, but then you don't really need to power up the freezers in a non temperature controlled storage area either.

So our problem was the glass jar "canned" goods in 100+ degree heat. Something about storage conditions high up on a shelf caused a few jars to burst. When a few more were opened for sampling, the rate at which they had gone bad seemed to run in tune with certain ingredients and from what we could tell, they had gotten into a fermentation process somehow. What was worse is the a out of time the situation went either unnoticed or disregarded and rats congregated to the boxes with the burst jars and the food rotted and stank up the area in the high temperatures.

So the decision was made that the meat would be frozen and canned stuff stored canned in metal cans. Glass jar "canning" working for shorter term storage in the kitchen pantry, but not long term stocks. The best option for meat then, really, is live on the hoof. Cattle management, predator reduction and salt licks for the deer along with no recreational deer hunting on site. That made the area a defacto sanctuary during hunting seasons, which attracted more game. That, and revitalizing the faltering fruit trees on the property since the animals (cattle and deer) have a strong preference for half rotten fermented fruit on the ground.

So the short answer to long term grid down wet meat storage is simply no. Has to be dry, frozen, or cooked down into something else. You don't want your people playing botulism Russian roulette as an alternative to starvation.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.