I have to agree with this.

Beware of any retreat venture where there is “shared” or “common” property.

...it is best that each nuclear family hold separate title to contiguous parcels where each family builds their own residence on each parcel. This arrangement maximizes the advantages of mutual security but minimizes the risk of false expectations, failed promises to put in a share of work, and unfulfilled promises to pitch in on shared expenses.

If a retreat truly belongs to you, then you only have to worry about human nature in the confines of your own family. Beyond that, you have a situation with far too many variables and factors that can quickly get beyond your control when the Schumer Hits the Fan. – JWR
That's the way it's always been done in my A/O. If you find anyone willing to "share" common stuff it's usually a freeloader who's only interested in taking your stuff.

There are at least 3 separate family based groups in my immediate area. These groups are made up of immediate family members, long time close friends and vetted "good" neighbors. While these 3 groups are autonomous they all agree on matters of mutual aid to defend the community. In every case, they checked out the area before moving, then each family buys and builds their own homestead. Everyone is within a half mile radius of the primary retreat. They outer edge of the group is no more than 2 miles away. Everyone has off grid radio comms.

The only things we "share" are certain pieces of heavy equipment. We barter and trade amongst ourselves. Produce for work, work for work etc. If someone needs something done, we all pitch in to make it happen. Each family team has a specialty...for example one has a lot of farm equipment, another a sawmill and logging equipment, another machine shop, welding and mechanic tools. If I need a tractor, I go see the farmer. If he needs a tractor repaired, he comes to see me.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861