Originally posted by arctic paratrooper:
Im really suprised with all of the no knock warrents and the fact that they dont identify themselves that more SWAT temas down get mowed down in the doorway. Any explanation? I know that if a bunch of armed guys kicked in my door without identify that they were police they would get the full 30 rounds of 5.56 from me.

How they hell can anyone tell the police from the 'bad guys?'
Well I know that Ill be getting more then one comment for the above line but you know what I mean.
This is not meant to inflame anyone's sense of pride in how they train. This is merely a realistic answer to a good question.

The reason nobody is shooting back is because the Police perform an Ambush. They hit you while your sleeping. They hit you when you come home. They hit you when they know you won't be ready. They hit you with overwhelming force. They are far more highly trained in CQB. Unless you are a HSLD operator you have zero chance of survival.

If a person were to set up an early warning system using simple seismic sensors triggering an alarm or even motion detection and some cameras. The ability of the police to raid your house would be far lower.

With the exception of a few most militia guys have no clue what they are doing. They don't spend the time that is required to have the speed and skill necessary to shoot a thug attacking them on the street much else a High speed death squad.

It takes some serious skill to fight off an 8-12 man death squad. Even if you have 8-12 men. Playing army and infantry tactics won't get it done. In fact I don't think too many people with massive military experience have what it takes to defeat a SWAT team.

I know many HSLD people. Some from Vietnam, Most from Iraq and Afgahnistan. Some from other countries and some couldn't even tell me who they were. The topic of what do you do when the SWAT teams come for you always comes up. The answer is always comply with them or fortify and plan the E&E. It's never take out the opposing force.

There is a serious lack of strategy in thinking you will ever win or really even damage a death squad. You "Cannot" fight a superior force on their terms. You must "always" fight them on yours.

Either fortify your house or be smart about it and learn to escape and evade anything. This idea that anyone is ever going to last more than 2 seconds (litterally) in a fight against elite forces is insane. It's not going to happen without some serious planning. In the end you better have an E&E plan or you will eventually lose through attrition.

It's a valid question which many people have had including myself. Like was said earlier they don't go into houses where they might get shot. These are ambushes which are designed to make sure you lose.

What you do to protect yourself against unlawful home invasions before they happen is the key. Hollywood training practices need to stop and people need to get serious about protecting themselves. This applies to the military, police, Militia, and concerned citizens.