Originally posted by J. Croft:
One proven tactic is to not put on any identifying documents or register with ANYONE public or private where you really live.

Route everything through a mail service using the address you register with the government. Live somewhere-anywhere-else anon. This may require a lowered standard of living. If you have family they too must have this mindset burned into them-like on the same level as wearing clothes-or your efforts will fall apart.

There are other measures but I don't want to give al kada any insight...
This will stop most LEO from finding you only because they don't have the resources to look that hard. A Private Investigator or Bounty hunter is going to find you unless you ditch your entire past including family.

Still this is good advice because it makes it that much harder to find you. If somebody knows where you are or I have enough information about your habbits. I will find you. Everyone leaves a huge trail to follow. It's the sad reality of our species. In the woods or in the city we leave huge trails that are highly personalized. Minimizing this using things like your suggestion will slow them down considerably.