Originally posted by SGTBloodLoss:
Do as many things as you can to make each JBT say "WTF!?" I call these 'WTF factors.' The more WTF factors you can put in their way, the better. Not just conventional booby-traps, but things like manakins, silhouettes, or even posters in every room. See how many rounds they shoot off thinking that Lord of the Rings poster is a badguy. Put large mirrors on the walls so they see their own reflection and start firing. Put as much large heavy furniture in their way. Block doorways and windows with it. Create false 'last stand barricades.' Hang sheets and tarps from the ceiling to impair their vision. Rig up dummy explosives everywhere and create a spiderweb of "trip cords."

The whole purpose of the 'WTF factors' is to disrupt their SOP. They've trained and trained and trained to operate in a certain away, under certain assumptions. They're trained to operate hard and fast. If they keep getting slowed down by random unpredictable bullcrap in their way, they lose a lot of their momentum and confidence.

All the while they're stumbling around in your fun-house, you're safe and sound elsewhere.
I agree with the WTF factors. This works anywhere you are being followed. A professional tracker will always find you. There is no way to defeat them. Even under water Scent hounds can and will find you.

Counter Tracking is similar to the WTF factors. You cover your trail enough to make a tracker stop and think WTF? where did he go. He will find your trail but it might take him 20 minutes to get back on it.

The problem with doing this to your house is that you must still live there. All of this must be set up in advance. I would do something like this to my hide out where I know I am being followed. Probably not to my house but it would most definately work if you wanted to do it to your house.

Drug dealers have been building steel reinforced cages in the door ways to stop the Haligan and Rabit tool dynamic entry. When the door is smashed there is a wall of steel to stop them. They just started going through windows. So the drug dealers started reinforcing the windows. So SWAT started pulling the entire side of the house off. So the drug dealers just started reinforcing the entire house.

The reason for the reinforcement was not to keep them out permanately. It was to slow them down so they could destroy the evidence. Where there is a will there is a way.

A smart team covers all the exits. So you better be out before they come to get you if you want a chance to escape.