Just read about it myself. Holy shit, that's about as blatant as it can get.

I figured they would give him a six or seven year hard time verdict, making him do a solid three. Now they are talking maybe a few months in jail and the rest on probation. He could even get gun rights back in some states. I think they made Stacey Koon do more time of that and all he did was beat someone up with a stick.

That, and Koon was not even the only guy to go down in his incident. This Oscar Grant shooting was not at all isolated. A bunch of other cops were there and seemed to be up to other shit, but Mehserle just one-upped his buddies. The rest were oh so casual about their guy just cuffing and plugging someone like that. I still watch that video and think "holy shit, they just don't care".

It's not even getting amped up and enraged and then losing control, they just casually snuff someone like that in front of a crowd like they are saying "yeah, calm down now or we shoot another hostage, then order a pizza"...

I know guys who were found innocent and still got more of a prosecutive tail than what that guy is getting.

I was in the CA National Guard when the LAPD thing went down, joined right after the main set of riots. We were training up for the sequel and word went around that our plan was not to participate in any major engagements against the gangbangers as long as the gangbangers contained their problem to the LAPD. I was being told by other LE and state people that LAPD made their own problems and we were not to go rescuing them from the shit that was going to come down on them for mistreating people. We were only going to be protecting citizens and other government assets in any "hot zone".

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.