Originally posted by HARBINGER:
Back in SC we ran a video store from 93-01 (couldn't compete with blockbuster.) We had about 5-6 movies disappearing a week I fought one guy when the cops got there one said they probably go trade them for crack a few streets over from our store. I asked if they knew it was there why not bust it? He stammered around the question wouldn't answer me. Figured somebody was being paid.
Not a rare or unusual circumstance. The usual case is that the government is not on the straight bribe program as much as controlling the place through some form of blackmail while those who frequent the crackhouse become targets of various investigations as someone else who is a regular there (or running the place) is a productive confidential informant.

A highly productive confidential informant is extremely valuable to local law enforcement and that is where you will see crimes being manufactured just to keep the productive informant out of jail and on the streets. They gain high levels of credibility with law enforcement and on the street level, can carry more actual authority than those with badges because they effectively have a license to selectively break laws and call in the law, options which regular criminals do not have day to day, but will aspire to gain. It is something that regular citizens would despise if they knew about it, but rarely get privvy to.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.