Two year after the ATF raided her home looking for a previous tenant and held guns to her head--and the head of her eight-year-old son, Colby Frias-- Amanda Griego is filing a lawsuit .

A Greeley woman whose son still suffers nightmares and flashbacks after law-enforcement officials burst into their home without a warrant and pointed multiple weapons on him has filed a lawsuit against the police department and the Bureau of Alcohol, tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

On June 15, 2010, officers with the BATFE as part of the Regional Anti-Gang Enforcement (RAGE) Task Force had recently made 13 arrests in a major drug sweep when they entered the home of Amanda Griego and her eight year old son, Colby Frias without a warrant.

During the encounter Griego was handcuffed and police reportedly pointed guns at her and Frias.

“They had multiple machine pistols pointed at my son. I could see the laser sites on his body and he began to freak out. While I was cuffed I had to calm him down while the officers broke down his bedroom door.”

Griego has since filed a lawsuit against the BATFE and the Greeley Police Department accusing them of violating her 4th Amendment rights when they entered her home without probable cause or a warrant.

David Lane, Griego’s attorney told the Gazette that the BATFE still has not produced a warrant justifying their entry into the home. He went on to say that even though the event happened two years ago, Frias still remains traumatized over the incident....

The incident was not the first time authorities had been to the house.

In the months prior to the incident local authorities had been to Griego’s house several times looking for Angela Hernandez-Nicholson, a previous tenant who had lived there in over a year.

Each time they showed up, Griego told authorities Nicholson was no longer living at the address and even provided them with information on how to locate her....

What is frustrating to Griego is that to this day no one from the police or the BATFE have taken the time to contact her and apologize for their mistake.

“The last thing they told me was, ‘Well I hope you have a better day than you’ve had so far.’ And then they left,” Griego said.
Onward and upward,
airforce