Liberty Hill, Texas, police officer goes to the wrong house to serve a probation warrant. he knocked on the door twice, getting no answer. So then he shoots the family\'s German shepherd, Vinny.

Understandably, the family wants the police officer fired. Good luck with that.

A Liberty Hill family wants a Leander police officer fired after they say he went to the wrong house and wound up shooting their dog.

Monday afternoon around 4:45 p.m. Leander PD Officer Woodson Blase went to a home in the 7000 block of FM 3405 in Liberty Hill to serve a probation violation warrant.

He says he knocked on the door of this home twice. No answer. Then he says he began to walk down this sidewalk when the family's two German shepherds ran at him in an aggressive manner.

He fired three shots, striking the male dog, Vinny.

Vinny was taken to the vet immediately and is recovering. He has a bullet wound to the neck. The dog owner is so upset because he says his 6-year old grandson was outside with a friend when this all happened. He feels his grandson, who is considered terminally ill, could've been struck by a bullet.

The Leander officer says a child was not outside. A police spokesperson says it does appear the officer was at the wrong home. The family did not recognize the name of the person on the warrant.

"He felt threatened. He feared for his safety. No officer wants to shoot a dog. Doesn't make anyone feel good. The officer I'm sure feels bad about it. It's an unfortunate situation. The dog was just doing what's natural to the dog," Lt. Derral Partin said.

"I want ‘em to make it right. I want them to make the guy who did this, I want him to pay for it. I want him to lose his badge, lose his gun. It can't go on. It's ridiculous. I'm sorry," dog owner, James Simmons said.

An administrative investigation is currently underway. As of now the officer remains on full, regular duty.
Onward and upward,
airforce