I don't post many botched raids here these days, because despite all the publicity, they're still not all that uncommon. But this one caught my eye , because two children were injured, and because of the sheer brutality of it.

Ain't the War on Drugs great?

The Miami Police Internal Affairs Department is investigating after SWAT officers raided a South Florida home and allegedly injured two children inside....

A 12- and 13-year-old were inside the home at the time and were somehow injured. A photo released by the family showed the 13-year-old with a bloody head. Family members said he was hit with the butt of a Miami Police officer's rifle. "He was in the kitchen, and they told him to get down, as he was looking for a place to get down, and they hit him in the back of the head with their rifle," said Bobby McLendon, one of the boys' father.

Another photo shows the 12-year-old with an injury in his eye after he said he took a punch to the face from a Miami Police officer.

Twelve-year-old Aaron said he was sleeping. He was in town from Georgia visiting his aunt who lives at the home. "They tried to snatch me off my bed, but my foot got caught on the side of the bed, and I couldn't move," said Aaron McLendon. "and they thought I was trying to refuse to go, so they punched me in my eye, and that's when I got my foot unstuck, and then they snatched me off of my bed and took me outside."

When asked who punched him, he replied, "The police."

The young teens were not arrested or charged, but Internal Affairs is investigating the case. "You can rest assured that we are going to do everything that we can to get to the bottom of what happened in there," said Moss. "Internal Affairs came to the scene that night and are doing a follow up investigation as we speak, and we want to make sure that officers go out and do the job the right way."

"I have already spoken to the police chief about this, and he takes this seriously," said Moss. "He's a father himself, and one of the things that he wants to make sure is that his officers went in and did the right thing. If he finds that one did not, that officer will meet the appropriate punishment."
That'll teach those kids to live in a house when the cops mistakenly raid it.

Onward and upward,
airforce