I went over the entire Interactive Map, & it simply serves to assure me that my original convictions about these "S.W.A.T.T."[Special Weapons Armored Tactical Teams]is SPOT ON. In the VAST majority(spell that 99.9% of the time) this type of Tactical SOP is UTTERLY & ABSOLUTELY UNCALLED FOR!

Now, that said, there are DEFINATELY exceptions. Such as the L.A. S.W.A.T.T. They have, indeed, BY deeds[NOTE: they are not once mentioned in ANY of the Maps errors] proved themselves BOTH needed & PROFESSIONAL,(to the HIGHTEST DEGREE). When you're dealing with the likes of MS13; Asian Mobs; Russian Mafia; etc., (not to mention "Al Queda" Ops); well, you HAVE to take a more Militaristic tact.

But, generally speaking, (especially in the SMALL TOWN dynamic), S.W.A.T.T. is not the needed formatt. Better training of the Detective & Investigative Branch [AND the street Officers] of the Police Dept.'s is the ANSWER!

BUT! There I_S a SERIOUS WARNING here for A_L_L of us! Note that these S.W.A.T.T. Officers are NOT necessarily "cherries". They are USUALLY experienced Street officers, or ex-mil types.

Now, if men with a GREAT DEAL of DAILY experience with BOTH firearms, as well as leathal circumstances, can make these types of assnine mistakes, then what are YOU & I going to do under the stress of COMBAT...S_E_R_I_O_U_S LEATHAL activity?

To avoid such erroneous activities, the old saw: "BLOOD, SWEAT, & TEARS on the practice field, avoids BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS on the battle field" applies! PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRATICE!...and, btw, did I mention PRACTICE?

"KNOW THY ENEMY"..."He who fails to learn from History, is doomed to repeat it's errors"..."For we wrestle not against flesh & blood..."..."Quitters NEVER win, & winners NEVER quit!"