Remember the kid in FLA, I think it was last summer?

Supposedly some snitch tried to make good with prosecutors by giving up a "drug dealer".

Police looked up alleged drug dealer's record, it was clean, but he had a CPL, so instead of knocking on his door with a search warrant, they went DIRECTLY to SWAT.

SWAT busts down door, twenty something kid had a pistol in his hand and probably a load in his pants when they ventilated him. They found something like 10 ounces of marijuana. Kid is murdered for what?

SWAT is unConstitutional, and the current trend is towards developing SWAT teams in more and more cities and using them more and more for increasingly unecessary missions. Hell, they even have a cool TV show, called Dallas SWAT. I've watched it, it made me sick. There wasn't a single situation that called for SWAT in the episode I watched. All the people they arrested had a OH SHIT look on their face and looked about as harmless as children, even if they were guilty of some petty crime.

Maybe for prisons SWAT is great, but DW hit the nail on the head. If they call in SWAT, it should be the last resort. IOW, SWAT is there to kill, and that's it. This way SWAT doesn't have to worry about why they're there, if they kill some poor kid because a snitch sold him out and the cops were skeered of his CPL.

"...anyone hearing but not heeding the warning of the trumpet and therefore slain by the sword that comes against him, shall be responsible for his own death." - Ezekiel, 33: 4