Another lesson from the past that WILL repeat in the future:

John Singleto Mosby became one of the ONLY "FREE MILITIA UNITS" in the Civil War (gurrillas) to actually maintain a high enough standard as to avoid some of the less savory aspects of that war.

He did it BOTH by intelligent Leadership, (choosing his underleaders CAREFULLY) as well as by PRINCIPALED REASONING, (he asigned each of his UNITS an AO. Then, he DEMANDED & EXPECTED his men to conduct themselves as GOOD NEIGHBOR VISITORS in ANY Home where they might find lodging & protection.)

Then, periodically, (as time & need permitted), he'd slip into an AO, & visit some of the "friendlies" & inquire how things were going. ANY TIME that he recieved a "BAD" report, those troopers were either sent back to the main Army, or shot...(depending upon the Military expediency).

But! the FEDs finally realized that the ONLY SOLUTION for beating the PARTICEN SOUTHERN Army, was to declare "TOTAL WAR"(Sherman's concept). And, it worked!

Until that horrid abberation of common decency, (in the name of Military expediency!?), Mosby was able to maintain a HIGH DEGREE of Military decorum within his ranks.

Scalping, skinning, slaughtering, and the such were annathema, & punishable by death. And, STILL SHOULD BE GENTLEMEN!

No matter how horrid your enemy; YOU nonetheless, by yielding & submitting to a like spiritual attitude degrade NOT ONLY yourself, but the FORCE & CAUSE with which & for which you fight!

WAR is said to be "A GREAT EQUALIZER", and, it is likewise said to be "THE GRAND TEST OF CHARACTER".

I accept that LATTER as one of my motives & reasoning in making WAR.

While I have no qualms at "raising the red flag" -- (The "Jollie Roguge' -- we expect none, nor give ANY quarter in this battle!"), nonetheless, I see no reasoned purpose in degrading myself or my ARMED RESISTANCE MOVEMENT to the level of that "Dragoon" in the Movie "THE PATRIOT".

There are times (as depicted when he went up against the six soldiers to free his son), that one must use one's "gifts" to the max...

BUT! There IS, & MUST BE a balanced reality of humane & ethical reasoning, in the midst of horrors & insanity! It's what seperates & differentiates beteen VILE EVIL and necessary death dealing!

"KNOW THY ENEMY"..."He who fails to learn from History, is doomed to repeat it's errors"..."For we wrestle not against flesh & blood..."..."Quitters NEVER win, & winners NEVER quit!"