ConSigCor
People will never stock up.
Those with gardens and farms assume they will eat off the land.
False! The others will start harvesting their crops before they are ripe. If they stop them the State Governors will declare an emergency and send troops to harvest them.
The Eaters will go to the ATM to get money with their Welfare cards.
There they will find ISF because the Feds didn't put money in or the Banks wont accept them. Then they will come to your house to shop with a couple dozen friends.
The LEOs will take the day off since they got no pay. The Fire service will join them and you will be on guard 24/7 till the eaters discover another town with more resources.
Many think; I have weapons and I will protect my own property.
False! The Leo's before they leave will back the eaters in your yard because it keeps them out of theirs.
I see a Mad Max syndrome among the youth as they have no schools, no jobs, and no future. Some enterprising people will though have drugs and alcohol for the kids. That should start about as soon as the quick food places close from lack of money and products.
In my town of 80,000 we already have Black Gangs, White Gangs, and two flavors of Mexican Gangs. That will fight each other till they have divided this burg. Then they will sit down and join up to take the rest from the people.
My question will be "Where will the local Militia be? In their secure wood line, or on the street with the people cleaning out this trash?