Originally posted by SBL:
What a goatfuck. There's no way the feds are going to win this case. I have a feeling the charges will be dropped soon. Yet another black eye for the "G-men."
I hope you are correct.

Since the Constitutional Republic is all but gone though and we now live in a judgeo-corpocracy where legislation is controlled by corporate interests (read owner's of the fed etc.) and with Eric Holder's views of the Constitution clearly planted in Bizarro land, this might just stand. The ripples this could send through the industry could be devastating as companies curb their business in fear of the tyrannical hand of Federal prosecution in the Fed owned kangaroo courts. Since this deals with international trade it could even be tried in Admiralty I imagine (although IANAL).

The feds could bankrupt the entire industry by tying up all the mfr's in bogus, but very very costly, litigation. The feds prosecutorial budget is limitless, backed by the feds printing press. Firearms manufacturers... not so much.

"The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness." -Robert A. Heinlein